Branched Alcohols Market Introduction
- Branched alcohols are isomeric alcohols produced from propylene and butene. Branched alcohols exhibit reactivity typical of higher primary alcohols due to their branched structures. These branched chain alcohols are used in various applications in daily lives to add value, security and comfort. Typical examples include detergents, cleaning agents, personal care, construction, paints and coatings, leather and metal processing, hot-melt adhesives, and catalyst support for automotive catalysts. These are also employed in diverse specialty applications including oil and gas recovery, aroma production, plastic stabilization, and polymer production.
- Branched alcohols possess significant advantages such as higher energy density, lower hygroscopicity, lower vapor pressure, and compatibility with existing transportation infrastructure
- In terms of application, the global branched alcohols market can be segmented into cosmetics & personal care, metal processing, detergents & cleaners, and others. Cosmetics & personal care application segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Branched alcohols are very stable to oxidizing and reducing agents and to low & high pH. They are also heat stable. They easily react with fatty acids to form esters. They can be ethoxylated to form emulsifiers and sulfated to form anionic surfactants that are commonly used in various cosmetic formulations such as shampoos and shower gels.
- In terms of product type, the branched alcohols market can be divided into 2-butyloctanol, 2-hexyldecanol, 2-octyldodecanol, 2-decyltetradecanol, 2-dodecylhexadecanol, and others
Key Drivers of Branched Alcohols Market
- Increase in demand for branched alcohols for high grade industrial & institutional and household cleaners is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. The end-user sectors of branched alcohols are expanding rapidly. This is boosting the global demand for branched alcohols in various applications such as cosmetics & personal care, metal processing, and detergents & cleaners.
- Rise in demand for branched alcohols in surfactants and emulsifiers preparation is expected to boost the market in the near future. Branched alcohols are used as raw materials to produce various surfactants and emulsifiers such as lauryl, myrisyl, palmityl, stearyl, isostearyl, oleyl and behenyl alcohols.
- Expansion in the cosmetics & personal care industry across the globe is likely to boost the branched alcohols market. Branched alcohols are among the commonly used ingredients in cosmetics & personal care formulations. They are used in a variety of cosmetics and personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, shower gels, antiperspirants, and lipsticks. Rise in consumption of branched alcohols in emerging countries of Asia Pacific is also expected to augment the branched alcohols market during the forecast period
Major Restraints of Branched Alcohols Market
- Enactment of stringent regulations pertaining to usage of branched alcohols in certain applications is estimated to restrain the market during the forecast period. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in voluntary cooperation with cosmetic ingredient manufacturers and formulators, compiles a list of cosmetic ingredients and the types of products and concentrations in which branch alcohols are used. Compliance with these regulations of FDA is mandatory and often tedious for various market players. This can discourage investment in the branched alcohols market, thereby adversely affecting the market growth.
- Lack of awareness and low adoption in many underdeveloped countries are also likely to hamper the branched alcohols market
- Fluctuation in raw material prices is anticipated to negatively affect the global branched chain alcohol market during the forecast period. Branched alcohols are produced from propylene and butene. Raw materials such as propylene and butene are experiencing unstable prices, as the supply chain has been disrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These raw materials experience periodic fluctuation in demand and thus their prices are significantly affected.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Branched Alcohols market
- In terms of geography, the global branched alcohol market can be segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global branched alcohol market in terms of consumption during the forecast period. End-user industries such as cosmetic & personal care, detergent, and metal processing are rapidly expanding in the region. Rise in disposable income and improvement in standard of living in many Asia Pacific countries are boosting the consumption of cosmetics and personal care products, which in turn is augmenting the demand for branched alcohols in the cosmetics & personal care application segment.
- China is the leading country of the market in Asia Pacific owing to the rise in demand for industrial & domestic cleaning products in the country. Branched alcohols are used as a foam controllers, emollients, antistatic agents, and pacifiers in powders and liquid products to maintain healthier and safer environment.
- North America is projected to account for vital share of the global branched alcohols market during the forecast period owing to rise in demand for branched alcohols in various applications in the U.S. and Canada
COVID-19 Impact on the Branched Alcohols Market
- The global branched alcohols market includes major tier I and II manufacturers and suppliers such as BASF, Sasol, Evonik Industries, Jarchem Industries, New Japan Chemical, Kokyu Alcohol Kogyo, and Kisco. These manufactures have their manufacturing facilities spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these market players have curtailed their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has led to lower demand and supply chain bottlenecks. Thus, demand for branched alcohols is expected to decline in 2020.
Prominent Players Operating in Global Branched Alcohols Market
- Major players operating in the global branched alcohols market include BASF SE, Sasol, ExxonMobil, Evonik Industries, Jarchem Industries, and New Japan Chemical. These key players are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as merger & acquisitions, product new launches, joint ventures, strategic alliances, expansion, and R&D to increase their regional presence and business operations.
Branched Alcohols Market Research Scope
Branched Alcohols Market Segmentation by Product type
Branched Alcohols Market Segmentation by Application
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Metal Processing
- Detergents & Cleaners
Branched Alcohols Market Segmentation by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.