Boronate Affinity Tests Market: Introduction
- The term HbA1c corresponds to glycated hemoglobin. Hemoglobin A1c is formed by the glycation of the N-terminal valine of the beta chain of hemoglobin, by non-enzymatic reaction occurring within red blood cells. The more glucose present in the blood stream during the lifetime of the red blood cells, the higher the concentration of HbA1c.
- Affinity chromatography is a separation technique to separate glycated hemoglobin based on structural differences between glycated and non-glycated hemoglobin
- Boronate affinity test is based on principle according to which, glycosylated hemoglobin is bound to the immobilized boronic acid, which helps to separate them from non-glycosylated hemoglobin
- Boronate affinity measures the total glycated hemoglobin consisting of HbA1c and other Hb variants regardless of charge. It provides accuracy in the analysis of HbA1c.
- Separation rate of glycosylated hemoglobin from non-glycosylated hemoglobin is high in boronate affinity procedure as compared to other conventional methods
- This test is conducted in people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. The normal range for HBA1c is less than 6%. They are also known as glycosylated or glycated hemoglobin.
- The measurement of glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) helps physicians to obtain a lucid picture of average blood sugar levels prevalent over a period of weeks/months
- The growth of the global boronate affinity tests market is expected to be driven by increase in prevalence of diabetes, rising in prescription rate of HBA1c tests by physicians, low price of tests, and increase in awareness about complications of high diabetes
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Boronate Affinity Tests Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market
- The global boronate affinity tests market is likely to be driven by rise in diabetic population, increase in number of boronate affinity-based HBA1c laboratory tests, and technological advancements
- According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention statistics, around 30.3 million people were suffering from diabetes in 2017, while 84.1 million U.S. adults were prediabetic
- Due to rise in global migration, there is an increase in the prevalence of monogenic disorder. Boronate affinity technology provide HbA1c results free from interference from all abnormal hemoglobin. This, in turn, is fueling the demand for hemoglobinopathy and neonatal screening services using boronate affinity technology.
- Government are introducing wellness programs, while a large number of cooperate companies across the world are sponsoring routine medical tests for employees in order to maintain the overall productivity and resource efficiency, which, in turn has increased the testing volume of clinical laboratories significantly. This factor is driving the demand for boronate affinity testing.
- In April 2017, Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness partnered with the American Diabetes Association in the fight against diabetes. Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness donated US$ 20,000 to the American Diabetes Association for every employee biometric wellness screening.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Boronate Affinity Tests Market Report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market
- North America is projected to lead the market during the forecast period. North America is the leading market for boronate affinity testing driven by high rate of adoption of technological advanced and accurate diagnostic tests.
- Increase in awareness about these tests and rise in physician prescriptions for HbA1c tests in the U.S. are expected to drive the market in the region. Manufacturers are focused on entering into partnerships with laboratories, which is expected to propel the market growth in the U.S.
- The European Government offers favorable reimbursement policies further increasing diagnostic laboratories for hemoglobin A1c testing, rise in prevalence rate of diabetes among the geriatric population, and increase in funding by government authorities are anticipated to propel the segment growth during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global boronate affinity tests market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- A. Menarini Diagnostics s.r.l
- GREENCORSS MEDIS Corp
- Alere Inc.
- Trinity Biotech
- HUMAN DIgnostics
Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market: Research Scope
Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market, by Technology
- Boronate Affinity Chromatography
- Boronate Affinity high-performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market, by Indication
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.