Boronate Affinity Tests Market: Introduction
- The term HbA1c corresponds to glycated hemoglobin. Hemoglobin A1c is formed by the glycation of the N-terminal valine of the beta chain of hemoglobin, by non-enzymatic reaction occurring within red blood cells. The more glucose present in the blood stream during the lifetime of the red blood cells, the higher the concentration of HbA1c.
- Affinity chromatography is a separation technique to separate glycated hemoglobin based on structural differences between glycated and non-glycated hemoglobin
- Boronate affinity test is based on principle according to which, glycosylated hemoglobin is bound to the immobilized boronic acid, which helps to separate them from non-glycosylated hemoglobin
- Boronate affinity measures the total glycated hemoglobin consisting of HbA1c and other Hb variants regardless of charge. It provides accuracy in the analysis of HbA1c.
- Separation rate of glycosylated hemoglobin from non-glycosylated hemoglobin is high in boronate affinity procedure as compared to other conventional methods
- This test is conducted in people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. The normal range for HBA1c is less than 6%. They are also known as glycosylated or glycated hemoglobin.
- The measurement of glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) helps physicians to obtain a lucid picture of average blood sugar levels prevalent over a period of weeks/months
- The growth of the global boronate affinity tests market is expected to be driven by increase in prevalence of diabetes, rising in prescription rate of HBA1c tests by physicians, low price of tests, and increase in awareness about complications of high diabetes
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Boronate Affinity Tests Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market
- The global boronate affinity tests market is likely to be driven by rise in diabetic population, increase in number of boronate affinity-based HBA1c laboratory tests, and technological advancements
- According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention statistics, around 30.3 million people were suffering from diabetes in 2017, while 84.1 million U.S. adults were prediabetic
- Due to rise in global migration, there is an increase in the prevalence of monogenic disorder. Boronate affinity technology provide HbA1c results free from interference from all abnormal hemoglobin. This, in turn, is fueling the demand for hemoglobinopathy and neonatal screening services using boronate affinity technology.
- Government are introducing wellness programs, while a large number of cooperate companies across the world are sponsoring routine medical tests for employees in order to maintain the overall productivity and resource efficiency, which, in turn has increased the testing volume of clinical laboratories significantly. This factor is driving the demand for boronate affinity testing.
- In April 2017, Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness partnered with the American Diabetes Association in the fight against diabetes. Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness donated US$ 20,000 to the American Diabetes Association for every employee biometric wellness screening.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Boronate Affinity Tests Market Report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market
- North America is projected to lead the market during the forecast period. North America is the leading market for boronate affinity testing driven by high rate of adoption of technological advanced and accurate diagnostic tests.
- Increase in awareness about these tests and rise in physician prescriptions for HbA1c tests in the U.S. are expected to drive the market in the region. Manufacturers are focused on entering into partnerships with laboratories, which is expected to propel the market growth in the U.S.
- The European Government offers favorable reimbursement policies further increasing diagnostic laboratories for hemoglobin A1c testing, rise in prevalence rate of diabetes among the geriatric population, and increase in funding by government authorities are anticipated to propel the segment growth during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global boronate affinity tests market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- A. Menarini Diagnostics s.r.l
- GREENCORSS MEDIS Corp
- Alere Inc.
- Trinity Biotech
- HUMAN DIgnostics
Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market: Research Scope
Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market, by Technology
- Boronate Affinity Chromatography
- Boronate Affinity high-performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market, by Indication
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
Global Boronate Affinity Tests Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.