Bismuth Oxychloride: Introduction
- Bismuth oxychloride is an inorganic compound primarily used as a pigment in cosmetics and paints industries. It is the primary ingredient included in most powders that are referred to as ‘mineral makeup.’
- Bismuth oxychloride is the main ingredient in cosmetic products such as blush, powder foundation, eyeshadow, and bronzer. It is widely used in cosmetic products owing to its large, plate-like chemical structure, which provides bismuth oxychloride light wave interference effects.
- Bismuth oxychloride, which is rarely found in nature, is produced by mixing bismuth, a by-product of lead and copper metal refining, with chloride (a chlorine compound) and water. It is ideal for usage in cosmetics due to its distinct shimmery, pearlescent appearance, and a fine white powder texture that adheres well to skin.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Bismuth Oxychloride Market
- According to a report published by Cosmetics Europe in 2019, the cosmetic industry in Europe was valued at US$ 89.37 Bn. Of this, Germany (US$ 15.68 Bn), France (US$ 13.47 Bn), the U.K. (US$ 12.08 Bn), Italy (US$ 11.62 Bn), Spain (US$ 7.88 Bn), and Poland (US$ 5.44 Bn) were the major contributors in 2019. The cosmetic & personal care industry in Europe is estimated to expand owing to increase in investment from outside the EU region and rise in R&D activities. This, in turn, is projected to boost the bismuth oxychloride market.
- Bismuth oxychloride is used in various applications. It is used as plastic additive or pigment in the production of plastic materials such as furniture, toys, injection molding, extruder masses, and plastic sheets where smooth surface is required. It is also incorporated into hard wax sealants, solvent-based and water-soluble paints, synthetic fibers, and translucent plastic molding compounds to provide glossy effects. Usage of bismuth chloride as plastic additive provides unique advantages, as gloss and pearlescent effect provided by bismuth oxychloride in plastic materials is not lost when the plastic materials are subjected to high shear forces during pressing, extruding, or injection molding. Increase in demand for plastic materials in automotive and other industrial applications is estimated to propel the global bismuth oxychloride market.
- Growth in the paints & coatings industry is another factor driving the bismuth oxychloride market. Bismuth oxychloride provides rich, satin, luster; and luxurious touch to any metallic and non-metallic surface. It is also widely used in automotive paints. Demand for electric vehicles is estimated to increase in the near future owing to rise in prices of petrol and diesel. Countries across the globe are striving to reduce carbon emission. Consumption of bismuth oxychloride-based paints is estimated to rise during the forecast period owing to the increase in production of electric vehicles, body parts, and other auto components.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Restraints of Bismuth Oxychloride Market
- Consumers are increasingly using herbal and medicinal products owing to the rise in concern about the side effects of inorganic compounds such as bismuth oxychloride in cosmetics. Xanthohumol, one of the herbal alternatives to bismuth oxychloride, is primarily used in shampoos, moisturizer creams, and sunscreen creams. Bismuth oxychloride was permanently listed by the FDA as a coloring agent and synthetic ingredient in 1977. However, cosmetic companies claim that bismuth oxychloride is natural and better for skin than talc. According to the journal published by Auctores Online, talc is a more natural, unadulterated, and pure ingredient than bismuth oxychloride. It causes skin irritation and acne flare-ups. Bismuth oxychloride has molecular crystalline shape. Many individuals have experienced itching from using products containing bismuth oxychloride. This, in turn, is projected to hamper the bismuth oxychloride market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global bismuth oxychloride market include:
- Geotech International B.V
- BASF SE
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Zhonglan Industry Co., Ltd.
- Omkar Speciality Chemicals
- Ava Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Vital Materials Co., Limited
- Hangzhou Rebtech Novel Material Co., Ltd.
- Nanoshel LLC
- Muby Chemicals
- Zhejiang XinMingzhu Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Haihang Industry Co., Ltd
- ORRION CHEMICALS ORGAFORM
Global Bismuth Oxychloride Market: Research Scope
Global Bismuth Oxychloride Market, by Application
- Additive in Plastic Industry
- Nonleaded Pigments and Cosmetics
- Glossy Artificial Pearl
- Dry-cell Cathode
Global Bismuth oxychloride Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Paints & Coatings
Global Bismuth oxychloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.