Bismuth Oxychloride: Introduction
- Bismuth oxychloride is an inorganic compound primarily used as a pigment in cosmetics and paints industries. It is the primary ingredient included in most powders that are referred to as ‘mineral makeup.’
- Bismuth oxychloride is the main ingredient in cosmetic products such as blush, powder foundation, eyeshadow, and bronzer. It is widely used in cosmetic products owing to its large, plate-like chemical structure, which provides bismuth oxychloride light wave interference effects.
- Bismuth oxychloride, which is rarely found in nature, is produced by mixing bismuth, a by-product of lead and copper metal refining, with chloride (a chlorine compound) and water. It is ideal for usage in cosmetics due to its distinct shimmery, pearlescent appearance, and a fine white powder texture that adheres well to skin.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Bismuth Oxychloride Market
- According to a report published by Cosmetics Europe in 2019, the cosmetic industry in Europe was valued at US$ 89.37 Bn. Of this, Germany (US$ 15.68 Bn), France (US$ 13.47 Bn), the U.K. (US$ 12.08 Bn), Italy (US$ 11.62 Bn), Spain (US$ 7.88 Bn), and Poland (US$ 5.44 Bn) were the major contributors in 2019. The cosmetic & personal care industry in Europe is estimated to expand owing to increase in investment from outside the EU region and rise in R&D activities. This, in turn, is projected to boost the bismuth oxychloride market.
- Bismuth oxychloride is used in various applications. It is used as plastic additive or pigment in the production of plastic materials such as furniture, toys, injection molding, extruder masses, and plastic sheets where smooth surface is required. It is also incorporated into hard wax sealants, solvent-based and water-soluble paints, synthetic fibers, and translucent plastic molding compounds to provide glossy effects. Usage of bismuth chloride as plastic additive provides unique advantages, as gloss and pearlescent effect provided by bismuth oxychloride in plastic materials is not lost when the plastic materials are subjected to high shear forces during pressing, extruding, or injection molding. Increase in demand for plastic materials in automotive and other industrial applications is estimated to propel the global bismuth oxychloride market.
- Growth in the paints & coatings industry is another factor driving the bismuth oxychloride market. Bismuth oxychloride provides rich, satin, luster; and luxurious touch to any metallic and non-metallic surface. It is also widely used in automotive paints. Demand for electric vehicles is estimated to increase in the near future owing to rise in prices of petrol and diesel. Countries across the globe are striving to reduce carbon emission. Consumption of bismuth oxychloride-based paints is estimated to rise during the forecast period owing to the increase in production of electric vehicles, body parts, and other auto components.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Restraints of Bismuth Oxychloride Market
- Consumers are increasingly using herbal and medicinal products owing to the rise in concern about the side effects of inorganic compounds such as bismuth oxychloride in cosmetics. Xanthohumol, one of the herbal alternatives to bismuth oxychloride, is primarily used in shampoos, moisturizer creams, and sunscreen creams. Bismuth oxychloride was permanently listed by the FDA as a coloring agent and synthetic ingredient in 1977. However, cosmetic companies claim that bismuth oxychloride is natural and better for skin than talc. According to the journal published by Auctores Online, talc is a more natural, unadulterated, and pure ingredient than bismuth oxychloride. It causes skin irritation and acne flare-ups. Bismuth oxychloride has molecular crystalline shape. Many individuals have experienced itching from using products containing bismuth oxychloride. This, in turn, is projected to hamper the bismuth oxychloride market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global bismuth oxychloride market include:
- Geotech International B.V
- BASF SE
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Zhonglan Industry Co., Ltd.
- Omkar Speciality Chemicals
- Ava Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Vital Materials Co., Limited
- Hangzhou Rebtech Novel Material Co., Ltd.
- Nanoshel LLC
- Muby Chemicals
- Zhejiang XinMingzhu Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Haihang Industry Co., Ltd
- ORRION CHEMICALS ORGAFORM
Global Bismuth Oxychloride Market: Research Scope
Global Bismuth Oxychloride Market, by Application
- Additive in Plastic Industry
- Nonleaded Pigments and Cosmetics
- Glossy Artificial Pearl
- Dry-cell Cathode
Global Bismuth oxychloride Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Paints & Coatings
Global Bismuth oxychloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.