Biological Stains Market: Introduction
- Biological stains are used for the detection of various structures with tissues in medical and biological industries. These stains are required for the examination of cell population within tissues. Biological stains are also utilized for the identification and study of polymer structures.
- Staining is a major technique used in microscopy in order to enhance contrast in the microscopic image. Wide range of biological stains are employed in hemotology, histology, microbiology, fluroscence microscopy, and cytology.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Biological Stains Market
- The global biological stains market is primarily driven by the high rate of adoption of biological stains in microbiology & biotechnology, increase in prevalence of renal diseases, tuberculosis, cancer & lung diseases, and a rise in number of healthcare and life sciences research activities
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease reported that in the U.S., the prevalence of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in the general population is nearly 14%. Furthermore, in 2016, it reported that 661,000 people in the U.S. had kidney failure
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 10 million people were ill with tuberculosis in 2018. This includes 5.7 million men, 1.1 million children, and 3.2 million women
- Need for proper fixation of tissues sections & cytology preparation and an increase in the demand for stains having good staining properties are projected to boost the market during the forecast period.
Acid Fuchsin Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Biological Stains Market
- In terms of type, the global biological stains market can be classified into acid fuchsin, Congo red, crystal violet, eosin, methylene blue, iodine, safranin, and others. The eosin segment can be further sub-segmented into alcoholic eosin Y, eosin Y, eosin- phloxine, eosin B, and picro-eosin.
- The acid fuchsin segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for acid fuchsin stain in histology. The acid fuchsin stain is utilized as nucleic and cytoplasmic stain in histology.
Histology Segment to Gain Prominent Share of Global Market
- Based on application, the global biological stains market can be categorized into histology, fluorescence microscopy, bacteriology, DNA staining, protein staining, and gram staining
- The histology segment is expected to account for a major share of the global biological stains market by 2030. This is attributed to an increase in use of hematoxylin and eosin stains in histology and a rise in the number of research studies in medical/diagnostic histology.
North America to Dominate Global Biological Stains Market
- In terms of region, the global biological stains market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global biological stains market during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is anticipated to be driven by a rise in the importance of histological examination, increase in expenditure on research & development activities by biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies, and rise in incidence of respiratory diseases and liver diseases in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Biological Stains Market
The global biological stains market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global biological stains market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- bioMérieux SA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories,
- Water Corporation
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
Global Biological Stains Market: Research Scope
Global Biological Stains Market, by Type
- Acid Fuchsin
- Congo Red
- Crystal Violet
- Eosin Y
- Alcoholic Eosin Y
- Eosin B
- Eosin- Phloxine
- Methylene Blue
Global Biological Stains Market, by Application
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- DNA Staining
- Protein Staining
- Gram Staining
Global Biological Stains Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
Global Biological Stains Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.