- Bio-ketones are a type of organic compounds that possess important physiological properties. Bio-ketones are produced from bio-based raw materials. Thus, they are environment friendly. Bio-ketones are primarily used as solvents in the paints & coating sector. They are also used as preservatives. Furthermore, bio-ketones are utilized in hydraulic fluids.
- Bio-ketones are low-cost, slow-evaporating, low-density mixture of ketone solvents. These are useful as retarder solvents for primers, coil coatings, maintenance coatings, and high-solid enamels. In these coatings, they improve gloss and leveling, reduce orange peel, minimize solvent popping, and help lower the volatile organic compounds (VOC) content. In many coatings, they can be used alone or blended with other solvents for better results.
- Compared to other solvents in the same evaporation range, bio-ketones have good solvency for a wide range of resins including nitrocellulose, alkyds, polyesters, acrylics, epoxies, and some vinyl chloride/vinyl acetate copolymers
- Bio-ketones are generally classified into bio MEK, bio PEEK, and bio-acetone. Bio-acetone is used as a renewable alternative to petroleum-based acetone. Acetone is the simplest and smallest ketone. It is a suitable solvent for many plastics and some synthetic fibers. It is also used for thinning polyester resins, cleaning tools, and dissolving two-part epoxies and superglue before they harden. It is used as one of the volatile components of some paints and varnishes.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bio-ketones Market
- Bio-ketones are used as solvents in the paints & coatings sector. Paints and coatings are primarily employed in construction and automotive industries. Expansion of the construction industry in developed as well as developing countries owing to increase in urbanization, technological advancements, and rise is disposable income of consumers is expected to drive the global bio-ketones market during the forecast period.
- Growth in the automotive sector, due to increase in demand for electric vehicles across the globe, is estimated to boost the global bio-ketones market in the near future
Bio-ketones Market: Product Type Segment
- In terms of product type, the global bio-ketones market can be segmented into bio MEK, bio PEEK, bio-acetone, and others
- The bio PEEK segment is estimated to account for major share of the global bio-ketones market during the forecast period. Bio-PEEK is highly used in the automotive industry as a replacement of metals, as it helps lower automobile weight. This, in turn, leads to fuel efficiency. Increase in performance of engines, weight minimization of engine components, and growth in the automotive industry are boosting the bio PEEK segment.
Covid-19 Impact on Bio-ketones Market
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating on a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to the recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturing activities across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This is expected to hamper the bio-ketones market to some extent.
- COVID-19 is adversely affecting the global economy in three major ways: hampering production and demand, supply chain and market disruption, and adverse economic impact on firms and financial markets
Asia Pacific to Dominate Bio-ketones Market
- In terms of region, the global bio-ketones market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for significant share of the global bio-ketones market during the forecast period owing to high demand for bio-ketones in China, India, and Japan. The bio-ketones market in China is expanding at a rapid pace owing to the high demand in the pharmaceutical industry in the country. Increase in demand for paints & coatings from the construction sector in China, India, Thailand, and Indonesia is estimated to boost the demand for bio-ketones in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Bio-ketones Market
The global bio-ketones market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global bio-ketones market include:
- Greenchem Industries
- Falcon Worldwide Chemical Inc.
- Eastman Chemicals
- Celanese Corporation
- Bio Brands LLC
- Solvay Speciality Polymers
- AstaTech, Inc.
- Rieke Metals, Inc.
Global Bio-ketones Market: Research Scope
Global Bio-ketones Market, by Product Type
- Bio MEK
- Bio PEEK
Global Bio-ketones Market, by End-user
- Paints & Coatings
- Building & Construction
Global Bio-ketones Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.