Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD) can be defined as a genetic disease which follows an X-linked recessive inheritance. It causes the wasting of cardiac and skeletal muscles and progressive weakness in people. This disease is known to primarily affect men, owing to its recessive inheritance.
- BMD is caused owing to a mutation in the dystrophin gene. It is one of the nine dystrophies which primarily affects the voluntary muscles. This disease is similar to Duchene muscular dystrophy, except that the symptoms of BMD appear at a later stage and progress at a slower rate.
- The symptoms of BMD can appear anytime from a patient’s childhood to the early 20s. Muscle weakness associated with this disease affects the pelvis and legs and impacts the patient’s ability to walk, leading to frequent falls and loss of muscle mass. It also affects the heart muscles leading to dilated cardiomyopathy, which enlarges and weakens the heart muscle, affecting the ability to pump blood efficiently. Complications associated with the disease include cardiac arrhythmias, mental impairment, pneumonia, and pulmonary failure.
- There is no cure for the disease; however, treatment revolves around controlling the symptoms to maximize the quality of life of patients
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market
- Owing to its X-linked recessive inheritance, Becker muscular dystrophy is common in men, with the gene being obtained from carrier mother. Prevalence of the disease is considered to be approximately 1.5 to 6 men in 100,000 population. Prenatal testing and genetic counselling helps in spreading awareness about the disease and its inheritance, which in turn contributes to rise in demand for Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics.
- Continuous investment in research & development on the diagnosis and treatment of Becker muscular dystrophy is projected to fuel the growth of the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market. Significant investments by key players and initiatives by governments for research & development on the treatment of the disease are anticipated to propel the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market.
- However, high cost of genetic testing procedures and lack of effective and specific treatment for Becker muscular dystrophy are expected to hamper the growth of the global market. Moreover, growing research on gene therapy is likely to have a negative impact on the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global Becker muscular therapeutics market owing to rise in awareness among people about prenatal genetic testing, increase in the number of prenatal genetic tests being performed, well-established health care infrastructure, and presence of leading market players.
- Europe was the second largest market for Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Developing health care facilities, rise in awareness about the screening of this rare disease, and investments in clinical trials are anticipated to augment the Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market
Leading players in the global Becker muscular dystrophy therapeutics market are:
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
- ReveraGen BioPharma, Inc.
- Milo Biotechnology LLC
- Italfarmaco SpA
Market players are focused on establishing strong pipeline of drugs for the treatment of the symptoms specifically associated with Becker muscular dystrophy, which would aid in enhancing the therapeutic options for its treatment.
Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market, by Drug Type
Global Becker Muscular Dystrophy Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.