Global Atosiban Market: Introduction
Atosiban is a combined oxytocin or vasopressin V1A antagonist. Oxytocin causes uterine contractions and helps in preterm labor. The total atosiban dose should not exceed 330 mg for an individual. Several clinical trials have been carried out to determine the efficacy and the safety of Atosiban. For instance, Atosiban versus placebo, Atosiban versus beta-mimetics, and Atosiban versus nifedipine. Currently, no side-effects have been reported. Atosiban is licenced for use as a tocolytic.
Key Drivers of Global Atosiban Market
Prevalence of autism
According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), autism prevalence increases by nearly 10% to 1 in 54 children in the U.S. In 2016, 1 in 54 children had a diagnosis of ASD by age 8, a 10% increase over 2014 when the estimate was 1 in 59.
According to The Autism Society of America, among boys aged eight years, the prevalence was 29.7 per 1,000, 4.3 times higher than the 6.9 per 1,000 prevalence among girls aged eight years. According to WHO-World Health Organization, it is estimated that worldwide one in 160 children has an Autism spectrum disorder-ASD.
Rise in preterm labor complications
According to WHO-World Health Organization, an estimate of 15 million babies are born preterm every year, and the number continues to rise. Preterm birth complications are the leading cause of death among children under 5 years of age, responsible for approximately 1 million deaths in 2015, i.e., 1 in 10 babies. Approximately 1 million children die each year due to complications of preterm birth. More than 60% of preterm births occur in Africa and South Asia; however, preterm birth is a truly global issue. 90% of extremely preterm born in low-income countries die within the first few days of life, and less than 10% of extremely preterm babies die in high-income settings. WHO is conducting two clinical trials, called the WHO ACTION Trials (Antenatal Corticosteroids for Improving Outcomes in preterm Newborns) for women at risk of preterm birth. According to Save the Children Federation, Inc., preterm birth is a leading cause of under-5 mortality, taking nearly 1 million lives every year, with the rate of preterm birth increasing in several countries.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Atosiban Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global Atosiban market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to an increase in research & development and technologically advanced products being introduced in the market. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market during the forecast period owing to advanced facilities provided by the hospital infrastructure in the region.
- The Atosiban Market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to the dense population and high birthrate in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Atosiban Market
The global Atosiban market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of several key players. Leading players operating in the global Atosiban market include:
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharma
- Shanghai Soho-Yiming Pharmaceuticals
- EVER Pharma
- Hangzhou Longshine Bio-Tech
- Cayman Chemical
- Neore Pharmaceutical
Global Atosiban Market: Research Scope
Global Atosiban Market, by Type
Global Atosiban Market, by Application
- Preterm labor
- autism or Asperger’s disorder
- Oxidative Stress
Global Atosiban Market, by End-user
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Atosiban Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.