Arbutin Market: Plant Derived Skin Lightening Agent
- Arbutin, also known as glycosylated hydroquinone, is mainly derived from leaves of fruits such as pear, bearberry, and cranberry.
- Arbutin is widely used in a variety of cosmetics such as creams, lotions, cleansers, and serums. When used as a skin lightening agent in cosmetic products, it slowly releases hydroquinone through hydrolysis. This reduces skin’s pigmentation production by blocking tyrosinase activity. Arbutin is also used in pharmaceutical applications. For instance, it is used in the manufacture of drugs for treating urinary tract infections.
- Arbutin is either derived naturally from plants or synthetically produced through chemical reactions. Synthetically derived arbutin also known as deoxyarbutin and is more effective than the natural derivative in the skin brightening treatment.
- Arbutin is available in two different forms: alpha-arbutin and beta-arbutin. Alpha-arbutin is a most popular form available in the market. Alpha-arbutin is a bio-synthetic and functional active ingredient found in most skin lightening products. Alpha-arbutin is nine times more effective than beta-arbutin in vivo and vitro environment.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Arbutin Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Arbutin Market
- Rise in demand for natural ingredients in cosmetic products and increase in demand for skin lightening products are driving the global arbutin market
- Alpha-arbutin reduces skin tanning after UV exposure. In addition, it aids in lightening skin tone by minimizing dark spots. Arbutin finds application in BB/CC creams, age spot treatment, skin lightening products, and skin tone care products.
- Rise in disposable income due to the improvement in economic conditions in developing economies; changes in lifestyle; and varying climatic conditions are boosting the demand for skin and sun care products. This, in turn, is propelling the arbutin market.
Pharmaceutical Segment and Increase in Demand for Natural and Herbal Cosmetic Products to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Rise in demand for organic and natural beauty products, typically in the U.S. and European economies, is expected to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of arbutin
- Increase in demand for arbutin in pharmaceuticals due to its excellent antioxidant properties is also estimated to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers in the near future
Potential Risk of Hydroquinone to Cause Cancer May Hamper Arbutin Market
- Arbutin is a glycosylated hydroquinone, which has similar cancer risk potential as that of hydroquinone at same concentration level. Hydroquinone has been declared as a carcinogen by the FDA.
- Arbutin has fewer side effects than hydroquinone and is considered safe and effective in promoting skin brightening and an even skin tone. This may boost the market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Arbutin Market here
Market in Asia Pacific Expected to Expand at Significant Pace
In terms of region, the global arbutin market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is a leading consumer of arbutin, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Rising consumer preference for environment-friendly products, such as natural and organic beauty products, has compelled many cosmetic manufacturers in the U.S. such as Garnier and L’Oreal to produce advanced cosmetic products. This is expected to fuel the market in North America during the forecast period.
- Europe was also one of the prominent regions in terms of consumption of arbutin in 2018. Rise in geriatric population and increase in regulations to minimize the usage of synthetic ingredients in cosmetic products are likely to fuel the Arbutin market in the region during the forecast period.
- The Arbutin market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the rise in GDP, per capita income, and change in lifestyle standards. Rise in geriatric population in Japan and growth in trend of using natural and organic skin care products across developing economies such as China, India, and Malaysia are expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
Key Players in Arbutin Market:
Key players operating in the global arbutin market include
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- GLICO NUTRITION CO., LTD.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- DECIEM INC.
- Croda International Plc.
- Shiseido Company
- CAYMAN CHEMICAL
- Kowa India Pvt. Ltd
- Shaanxi Dongyu Bio-Tech Co.,Ltd
- Hangzhou Lianzheng Chemical Co., Ltd
- Kraeber & Co GmbH
- Plamed Green Science Group
- Hunan Xiangmin Pharmaceutical Company Ltd
Global Arbutin Market: Research Scope
Global Arbutin Market, by Product Type
Global Arbutin Market, by Form Type
Global Arbutin Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.