Apraxia: Neurological Disorder Characterized by Difficulty in Motor Movement
- Apraxia is a neurological disorder characterized by loss of the ability to execute or carry out skilled movements and gestures, despite having the desire and the physical ability to perform them
- Apraxia results from dysfunction of the cerebral hemispheres of the brain, especially the parietal lobe, and can arise from many diseases or damage to the brain. Milder forms of apraxia are known as dyspraxia.
- There are several kinds of apraxia, which may occur alone or together. The most common is buccofacial or orofacial apraxia, which causes the inability to carry out facial movements on command such as licking lips, whistling, coughing, or winking.
- Treatment of apraxia consists of physical, speech, and occupational therapy. If apraxia is a symptom of another disorder, the underlying disorder is treated.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Apraxia Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Apraxia Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of neurological disorders and growing awareness for apraxia treatment are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of global apraxia treatment market
- For instance, according to the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) data, incidence of Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) is 1–10 in 1000 children or 3% to 5% of speech-impaired preschoolers in the U.S.
- Ongoing investigational therapy studies for apraxia is also a major factor fuelling the growth of the apraxia treatment market
- Growing demand for better treatment methods for apraxia disease has further boosted the growth of global apraxia treatment market
High Cost of Treatment to Hamper Market Growth
- Apraxia is one of the rare diseases which have no proper approved medications available. Treatment cost is very high due to complex mechanism for disease treatment which can hamper the market growth.
- No approved drugs are available for apraxia. This is also restraining the growth of global apraxia treatment market.
Medication to be More Promising Treatment Type Segment
- Based on treatment type, global apraxia treatment market can be divided into medication and supportive therapies
- The medication segment dominated the global market and is expected to grow at a higher CAGR due to pipeline products and growing demand for pharmacological treatment for apraxia
- The medication segment is further sub-segmented into neuromuscular blockers, antiparkinson agents, anticholinergic agents, anticonvulsants, and others
- Supportive therapies consist of speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Apraxia Treatment Market” here
Verbal Apraxia Dominated Global Market
- In terms of type, the global apraxia market can be divided into limb apraxia, constructional apraxia, dressing apraxia, verbal apraxia, and others
- Verbal apraxia dominated the global market due to higher prevalence in children and effective therapies for childhood apraxia of speech
North America to Lead Global Market for Apraxia Treatment
- In terms of region, the global apraxia treatment market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global apraxia treatment market in 2019 due to higher reported cases of Apraxia in the region, ongoing research for effective treatment of apraxia in the region, and higher funding for rare diseases
- For instance, Apraxia Kids, a leading nonprofit organization, runs Speech Tablets for Apraxia program which has awarded nearly 700 tablets till date to children with apraxia of speech in the U.S. and Canada
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period, owing to increase in number of reported cases of apraxia in coming years, better diagnosis, and growing awareness of diseases and its treatment in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Cogstate Ltd.
- Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- BlackThorn Therapeutics
- Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Abide Therapeutics, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Global Apraxia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Apraxia Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Neuromuscular Blockers
- Antiparkinson Agents
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Supportive Therapies
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Global Apraxia Treatment Market, by Type
- Limb Apraxia
- Constructional Apraxia
- Dressing Apraxia
- Verbal Apraxia
Global Apraxia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.