Apraxia: Neurological Disorder Characterized by Difficulty in Motor Movement
- Apraxia is a neurological disorder characterized by loss of the ability to execute or carry out skilled movements and gestures, despite having the desire and the physical ability to perform them
- Apraxia results from dysfunction of the cerebral hemispheres of the brain, especially the parietal lobe, and can arise from many diseases or damage to the brain. Milder forms of apraxia are known as dyspraxia.
- There are several kinds of apraxia, which may occur alone or together. The most common is buccofacial or orofacial apraxia, which causes the inability to carry out facial movements on command such as licking lips, whistling, coughing, or winking.
- Treatment of apraxia consists of physical, speech, and occupational therapy. If apraxia is a symptom of another disorder, the underlying disorder is treated.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Apraxia Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Apraxia Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of neurological disorders and growing awareness for apraxia treatment are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of global apraxia treatment market
- For instance, according to the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) data, incidence of Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) is 1–10 in 1000 children or 3% to 5% of speech-impaired preschoolers in the U.S.
- Ongoing investigational therapy studies for apraxia is also a major factor fuelling the growth of the apraxia treatment market
- Growing demand for better treatment methods for apraxia disease has further boosted the growth of global apraxia treatment market
High Cost of Treatment to Hamper Market Growth
- Apraxia is one of the rare diseases which have no proper approved medications available. Treatment cost is very high due to complex mechanism for disease treatment which can hamper the market growth.
- No approved drugs are available for apraxia. This is also restraining the growth of global apraxia treatment market.
Medication to be More Promising Treatment Type Segment
- Based on treatment type, global apraxia treatment market can be divided into medication and supportive therapies
- The medication segment dominated the global market and is expected to grow at a higher CAGR due to pipeline products and growing demand for pharmacological treatment for apraxia
- The medication segment is further sub-segmented into neuromuscular blockers, antiparkinson agents, anticholinergic agents, anticonvulsants, and others
- Supportive therapies consist of speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Apraxia Treatment Market” here
Verbal Apraxia Dominated Global Market
- In terms of type, the global apraxia market can be divided into limb apraxia, constructional apraxia, dressing apraxia, verbal apraxia, and others
- Verbal apraxia dominated the global market due to higher prevalence in children and effective therapies for childhood apraxia of speech
North America to Lead Global Market for Apraxia Treatment
- In terms of region, the global apraxia treatment market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global apraxia treatment market in 2019 due to higher reported cases of Apraxia in the region, ongoing research for effective treatment of apraxia in the region, and higher funding for rare diseases
- For instance, Apraxia Kids, a leading nonprofit organization, runs Speech Tablets for Apraxia program which has awarded nearly 700 tablets till date to children with apraxia of speech in the U.S. and Canada
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period, owing to increase in number of reported cases of apraxia in coming years, better diagnosis, and growing awareness of diseases and its treatment in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Cogstate Ltd.
- Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- BlackThorn Therapeutics
- Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Abide Therapeutics, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Global Apraxia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Apraxia Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Neuromuscular Blockers
- Antiparkinson Agents
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Supportive Therapies
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Global Apraxia Treatment Market, by Type
- Limb Apraxia
- Constructional Apraxia
- Dressing Apraxia
- Verbal Apraxia
Global Apraxia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.