API Heparin Market: Introduction
- Heparin is an anticoagulant that is primarily used to prevent and treat venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and other conditions of blood clotting
- Heparin is the foremost clinical anticoagulant with more than 500 million doses consumed worldwide every year. Heparin and related molecules exhibit a large number of newly discovered biological activities with optimum therapeutic potential. Advantages of heparin, such as immediate onset of action, short half-life, simple laboratory monitoring, ability to get reversed (protamine), and low cost, have led to its wide usage.
- Low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) is derived from unfractionated heparin with an average molecular weight of less than 8,000 Da. Currently, LMWH is utilized in the management of arterial and venous thrombosis. LMWH has fewer side-effects as compared to unfractionated heparin, which involves less risk of heparin-induced osteopenia (HIO) and heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT).
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the API Heparin Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global API Heparin Market
- Coagulation disorders such as venous thromboembolism (VTE), which includes both deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, cause around 1.2 million deaths across the world each year. According to the CDC, an estimated 500,000 to 900,000 people are affected by VTE in the U.S. each year. Moreover, the number of deaths due to VTE in Europe is higher than deaths caused by AIDS, breast and prostate cancers, and highway accidents, collectively.
- The Chinese adulterated heparin issue in 2008 drastically affected the import of crude and API heparin in the U.S. and Europe from China, leading to a demand-supply gap in the last few years. Consequently, several slaughterhouse owners have started venturing into heparin processing business to curtail the demand-supply gap and reduce the overall cost of finished goods. For instance, in November 2014, Germany-based meat company Tönnies entered the heparin processing business by acquiring heparin API maker Pharma Action in Germany. Representatives of Pharma Action stated that the company is expected to produce 30 metric tons of heparin in the near future, which accounts for 60% of demand for traceable heparin raw material in Europe.
- Prevailing limitation in reversing the activity of naturally-derived low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) in case of overdose could lead to excessive bleeding and harm to patients with poor kidney function. In 2014, researchers at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the University of North Carolina (UNC) developed a synthetic form of LMWH that is safe and can be reversed in activity using an antidote called protamine. According to the research, this synthetic heparin is safer and inexpensive, as compared to the currently available heparin that is derived from animals.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America to Lead Global API Heparin Market
- In terms of region, the global API heparin market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are likely to account for a major share of the global API heparin market during the forecast period. North America is estimated to lead the global market for heparin owing to a rise in the geriatric population, increase in incidences of cancer and its associated clotting disorders, and a surge in the number of coagulation tests during pregnancy. Rise in the number of passengers in long-duration flights and prolonged immobility due to illness or disability are the other market drivers.
Key Players Operating in Global API Heparin Market
The global API heparin market is fragmented, with presence of large number of small-scale and large-scale companies.
Leading companies operating in the global API heparin market are:
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- Pfizer, Inc.
- LEO Pharma A/S
- Baxter International Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Syntex S.A.
Global API Heparin Market: Research Scope
Global API Heparin Market, by Type
- Heparin Calcium
- Heparin Sodium
Global API Heparin Market, by Product
- Unfractionated Heparin (UFH)
- Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH)
- Ultra-low Molecular Weight Heparin (ULMWH)
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.