API Heparin Market: Introduction
- Heparin is an anticoagulant that is primarily used to prevent and treat venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and other conditions of blood clotting
- Heparin is the foremost clinical anticoagulant with more than 500 million doses consumed worldwide every year. Heparin and related molecules exhibit a large number of newly discovered biological activities with optimum therapeutic potential. Advantages of heparin, such as immediate onset of action, short half-life, simple laboratory monitoring, ability to get reversed (protamine), and low cost, have led to its wide usage.
- Low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) is derived from unfractionated heparin with an average molecular weight of less than 8,000 Da. Currently, LMWH is utilized in the management of arterial and venous thrombosis. LMWH has fewer side-effects as compared to unfractionated heparin, which involves less risk of heparin-induced osteopenia (HIO) and heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT).
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the API Heparin Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global API Heparin Market
- Coagulation disorders such as venous thromboembolism (VTE), which includes both deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, cause around 1.2 million deaths across the world each year. According to the CDC, an estimated 500,000 to 900,000 people are affected by VTE in the U.S. each year. Moreover, the number of deaths due to VTE in Europe is higher than deaths caused by AIDS, breast and prostate cancers, and highway accidents, collectively.
- The Chinese adulterated heparin issue in 2008 drastically affected the import of crude and API heparin in the U.S. and Europe from China, leading to a demand-supply gap in the last few years. Consequently, several slaughterhouse owners have started venturing into heparin processing business to curtail the demand-supply gap and reduce the overall cost of finished goods. For instance, in November 2014, Germany-based meat company Tönnies entered the heparin processing business by acquiring heparin API maker Pharma Action in Germany. Representatives of Pharma Action stated that the company is expected to produce 30 metric tons of heparin in the near future, which accounts for 60% of demand for traceable heparin raw material in Europe.
- Prevailing limitation in reversing the activity of naturally-derived low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) in case of overdose could lead to excessive bleeding and harm to patients with poor kidney function. In 2014, researchers at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the University of North Carolina (UNC) developed a synthetic form of LMWH that is safe and can be reversed in activity using an antidote called protamine. According to the research, this synthetic heparin is safer and inexpensive, as compared to the currently available heparin that is derived from animals.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America to Lead Global API Heparin Market
- In terms of region, the global API heparin market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are likely to account for a major share of the global API heparin market during the forecast period. North America is estimated to lead the global market for heparin owing to a rise in the geriatric population, increase in incidences of cancer and its associated clotting disorders, and a surge in the number of coagulation tests during pregnancy. Rise in the number of passengers in long-duration flights and prolonged immobility due to illness or disability are the other market drivers.
Key Players Operating in Global API Heparin Market
The global API heparin market is fragmented, with presence of large number of small-scale and large-scale companies.
Leading companies operating in the global API heparin market are:
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- Pfizer, Inc.
- LEO Pharma A/S
- Baxter International Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Syntex S.A.
Global API Heparin Market: Research Scope
Global API Heparin Market, by Type
- Heparin Calcium
- Heparin Sodium
Global API Heparin Market, by Product
- Unfractionated Heparin (UFH)
- Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH)
- Ultra-low Molecular Weight Heparin (ULMWH)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.