An air preheater is a device used for heating air to increase the thermal efficiency of the process. The main use of air preheater is to recover heat from flue gas and reduce excessive heat loss through flue gas. It also helps to control the temperature of flue gas. This device is found in the path of flue gases between the chimney and economizer.
Air preheaters are preferred when the temperature of flue gas is very high. Some developing countries are seeing growth in power generation from coal due to increasing demand for energy in the past few years. Manufacturers are investing more in South Africa and the Asia Pacific region due to growing opportunities in emerging countries in these regions. These are major drivers expected to fuel the global air preheaters market. However, coal power plants have a huge impact on global warming and also adversely affect the climate goals laid down by the Paris Agreement. Many developed countries are shifting to power generation from renewable energy sources such as solar and wind. These factors are expected to hamper the growth of the air preheaters market during the forecast period.
Air Preheaters Market – Competitive Landscape
The global air preheaters market is highly competitive. Several international and domestic players are operating in this market.
- In April 2019, Sigma Thermal merged with Flaretec for improvement in heating solutions for industrial applications. Together with Flaretec, company will strengthen product portfolio. Also provide industrial process heating equipment and services on a global scale with enhanced cost-effectiveness, higher efficiency and extended local market support.
- Major players in the air preheaters market are focusing on merger and acquisitions activities to boost market share by increasing their presence in different regions across the world. E.g. the healing group acquired Geurts International to build strong position in market as international supplier.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
Company was founded in 1963 and involved in heat exchanging equipment and heat transfer solutions. In 2015, it became part of the Heilig Group. Heilig Group started in 1978. A group formed by single companies which offers different products and services including recycling, waste management, bulk handling, wood processing, heat exchanging, industrial mixing, and electro technology.
Kelvion Holding GmbH
The company was founded in 1920. It is a global manufacturers of heat exchangers and also provides solutions for several industrial application including transportation, heavy industry, energy, oil and gas, chemical and marine, also sugar, food and beverage.
Key players in the market include Balcke-Dürr GmbH, ARVOS Group, Danfoss, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Machinery Systems, Ltd., Siemens AG, Thermodyne Engineering System, Imeco Limited, Aerofin, Ekströms Värmetekniska AB, MAXXTEC, Howden Group, Sigma Thermal, Lynchburg Air Preheater Corporation, Nanjing YireZonglian Energy Saving Technology Co. Ltd., Tinita Engg Pvt. Ltd, Metapow Engineers Pvt. Ltd., Geeco Enercon Private Limited, Corbett Industries Inc and others. Players focus on the development of new and efficient technology and products in order to retain their position in the market.
Air Preheaters Market – Dynamics
Growing opportunities in emerging economies in Asia Pacific and South Africa region
South Africa and Asia Pacific are major regions for manufacturers for investing due to growing market in developing economies from these regions. Growing urbanization and industrialization are major region for market growth in these region. Also there is growth in power generation from coal due to increasing demand for energy in the past few years in some developing countries. This factor is expected to influence the market growth positively in coming years.
High impact on global warming and growing preference to renewable energy sources anticipated to obstruct market growth.
Global warming and climate goals are get highly effected by coal power plants. Most of the developed countries are shifting their preference towards renewable energy sources such as solar and wind for power generation to get clean energy and reduce pollution. These factors are estimated to hinder the growth of the air preheaters market during the forecast period.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Air Preheaters Market – Segmentation
On the basis of type, the air preheaters market is segmented into:
- Tubular Air Preheater
- Regenerative Air Preheater
Based on material, the air preheaters market can be segregated into:
- Stainless Steel
Based on application, market is segmented into:
- Power Generation
- Oil and Gas
- Chemical Industry
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.