Activated Aspartate Aminotransferase Market: Introduction
- Aspartate Aminotransferase is a key enzyme of amino acid metabolism that catalyzes the reversible transfer of the amine group from L-aspartate to 2-oxoglutarate. In mammalian tissues, the enzyme is especially concentrated in heart and liver tissues. AST (aspartate aminotransferase) is found mostly in the liver, but also in muscles. When the liver of any person is damaged, it releases AST into his/her bloodstream. An AST blood test measures the amount of AST in the blood. The test can help healthcare providers diagnose liver damage or disease to the person. High levels of AST in the blood may indicate hepatitis, cirrhosis, mononucleosis, or other liver diseases. High AST levels can also indicate heart problems or pancreatitis.
- The levels of AST increase in blood stream when there’s damage to the tissues and cells where the enzyme is found. AST levels can rise in a span of six hours after damage to the tissue occurs. The normal range for AST is higher from birth to age 3 as compared to the normal ranges for older children and adults.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Activated Aspartate Aminotransferase
- Steady increase in rates of heart and Liver diseases has been a key driver for the last few years. According to National statistics in the UK, liver diseases have been ranked as the fifth-most common cause of death in the region. This has boosted the global activated aspartate aminotransferase market.
- Improper handling of activated AST while conducting tests may interfere with proper detection of reagent level in the cartridge, causing insufficient reagent aspiration and could impact results. This is a major factor restraining the global activated aspartate aminotransferase market.
- Technological advancements in biochemical and pathological testing are estimated to offer more opportunities for the global activated aspartate aminotransferase market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Activated Aspartate Aminotransferase
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global activated aspartate aminotransferase market due to a rise in the number of patients with liver and heart related diseases. Liver diseases are recognized as the second-leading cause of mortality among all digestive diseases in the U.S.
- Europe is estimated to follow North America in terms of share of the global activated aspartate aminotransferase market. Increased awareness among people related to liver diseases has fuelled the demand for AST diagnostic and helps in early treatment of disease if any.
Key Players Operating in Activated Aspartate Aminotransferase
The global activated aspartate aminotransferase market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global activated aspartate aminotransferase market are:
- Audit Diagnostics
- Abbott Laboratories
- Beckman Coulter
- Shino-Test Corporation
- Guizhou Angel Medical Equipment
- Biosino Bio- Technology
- Hefei Tianyi Biotechnology Institute
- Yangzhou Comay Bio-Medical Electronics
- Beijing Jin Hao Pharmaceutical
- Anhui Daqian Biological Engineering
Major Classifications are as follows:
Global Activated Aspartate Aminotransferase Market, by Type
- 10x52 mL
- 10x16 mL
Global Activated Aspartate Aminotransferase Market, by End-user
- Hospital and Clinics
- Diagnostic Centre
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.