Global Abscess Treatment Market: Overview
- An abscess is a collection of pus that has built up within the tissue of the body. Signs and symptoms of abscesses include redness, pain, warmth, and swelling. The swelling could feel fluid-filled when pressed. The area of redness often extends beyond the swelling.
- Most of the abscesses are caused by bacterial infection. When bacteria enters the body, the immune system i.e., white blood cells, fights against the infection, attacking the bacteria. Consequently, some tissue dies and fills up with pus to form an abscess. A skin abscess can be the result of a bacterial infection that occurs when Staphylococcus aureus bacteria enter the body through a hair follicle or through a wound or injury that has punctured or broken the skin.
- The global abscess treatment market is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in the rate of incidence of hospital-acquired bacterial infection due to unhygienic condition and improper sterilization across the globe
Key Drivers of Global Abscess Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of wound infection, hospital-acquired infections, especially bacterial infection leading to abscesses are likely to drive the demand for abscess treatment. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) represents a serious threat to the health of hospitalized patients. Unhygienic conditions around and inside the hospital along with improper sterilization techniques applied in hospitals increase the risk of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection, which in turn propels the incidence of abscess in low- and middle-income countries.
- Majority of the market remains untapped, especially the developing and underdeveloped countries, although the rate of hospital-acquired bacterial infections is under control due to the cautious approach of hospitals. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the burden of hospital-acquired bacterial infections that causes several abscess is significantly higher in low- and middle-income countries. This factor drives the global abscess treatment market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Abscess Treatment Market Report
Restraints of Global Abscess Treatment Market
- Pathways to the approval for abscess treatment drugs from regulatory bodies have become confusing, generally infeasible, and questionably irrelevant to patients and providers over a period of time. Additionally, scientific and regulatory challenges significantly increase the cost of and time required for drug development, which worsens economic disadvantages of abscess treatment drugs.
- In view of the urgency of bacterial drug resistance and the capacity of targeted disease to change rapidly over time, regulatory bodies are not in favor of revision and streamlining of the anti-bacterial drug development and approval process
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of Global Abscess Treatment Market
- According to the Journal of Infection & Chemotherapy, prevalence rates of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), macrolide-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae, and multidrug-resistant enteric pathogens are quite high due to the recent emergence of extremely drug-resistant gram-negative bacilli in Asia. Hence, the prevalence of abscess, especially skin abscess, is rising, which in turn propels the demand for treatment.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Abscess Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Abscess Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global abscess treatment market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
Global Abscess Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Abscess Treatment Market, by Indication Type
- Skin Abscesses
- Internal Abscesses
Global Abscess Treatment Market, by Drug
Global Abscess Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Abscess Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis