Psychotherapeutic drugs market is comprised of drugs which are used to treat mental illnesses such as confused thinking, extreme mood swings, long lasting depression, social withdrawal and suicidal thought. Commonly found mental disorders are schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety and depression. Schizophrenia is a mental disease associated with hearing voices, unorganized speech and broken thoughts. Depression is a common disorder characterized by lack of confidence, pleasure and interest.
The global Psychotherapeutic Drugs Market is segmented on the basis of various therapeutic classes used to treat mental illness such as antipsychotics (chlorpromazine, haloperidol), antidepressants (amitriptyline, clomipramine), antimaniacs (lithium, carbamazepine) and anxiety drugs (lorazepam, alprazolam). Antipsychotic is one of the fastest growing segments owing to increasing incidences of mental disorders such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Atypical antipsychotics are the most preferred antipsychotics because they are more efficacious than first generation antipsychotics. Top selling antipsychotic drugs are Abilify, Seroquel, Risperdal and Zyprexa.
The global psychotherapeutic drugs market is growing worldwide due to high prevalence of emotional and mental diseases. According to WHO report approximately 350 million people are suffering from depression and around 24 million people are affected by schizophrenia around the world as of today. Patent expiration of top psychotic drugs Prozac, Geodon and Zyprexia has opened way for generic manufacturers and it is expected that in coming years generic segment will rise dramatically and will give rise price competition in the psychotherapeutic drugs market.
America has been the largest market accounting for more than 40% of the total psychotherapeutic drugs market owing to high incidences of schizophrenia and depression among baby boomers. It is predicted that the market will witness rapid growth in Asia-Pacific under the influence of changing life style, disease awareness and growing aging population.
The key players operating in this market are Eli Lilly, Bristol-Meyer Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Astrazeneca, Astellas Pharma Inc., Wyeth and Johnson & Johnson.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.