Incretion is a process of internal secretion of hormone through endocrine glands. These hormones control the major internal body functions such as digestive activities and movement. Sometimes these hormones are not secreted in an appropriate amount to control internal body functions. When such situation arises, a patient is advised for intake of incretion drugs. These incretion drugs stimulate secretion of various endocrine hormones as per the body requirement.
Prescription of an incretion drug varies as per the disease condition. A patient may suffer from endocrinal disorders such as diabetes; thyroid and infertility for which incretion drugs could be prescribed. In addition, these drugs could also be prescribed when pituitary and adrenal glands fail to secrete hormones in appropriate amount. Various incretion drugs include Orinase (tolbutamide), Amaryl (gimepiride), Glucotrol XL (glipizide), Glucotrol (glipizide), Micronase (glyburide), DiaBeta (glyburide), Glynase PresTab (glyburide, micronized), Prandin (repaglinide) and Starlix (nateglinide). Other incretion drugs are Januvia, Onglyza, Tradjenta, Glucovance, Metaglip, ActoPlus Met, Avandamet, Duetact, Avandryl, PrandiMet, Janumet, PrandiMet, ActoPlus Met XR and Kombiglyze XR.
Rise in geriatric population globally would augment the growth of these drugs market. In addition, rise in complexities of pregnancy such as overt diabetes, infertility, hormonal imbalance would also boost the growth of this market. Moreover, rise in obese population worldwide is anticipated to further trigger the demand for these medicines. According to the Department of Health Statistics and Information Systems at WHO, around 12% of the total world population suffers every year from obesity. These incretion drugs have proven to be beneficial for treatment of obesity.
Some of the major players in this market are Abbott Laboratories, Bayer Healthcare, Novartis, Eli Lilly, and Bristol-Myers Squibb amongst other significant players.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments