Whiteness Meters: Introduction
- Whiteness meters are primarily used to measure the level of brightness of paper, cellulose, and other materials such as plastics, porcelain, and other non-metal products with flat surface. Whiteness meters are primarily used in applications wherein reliable, accurate, and exact measurements are required.
- A whiteness meter primarily comprises components such as an optical system, a light source, a display system, and a detection system. The whiteness calculation formula of the instrument is blue light whiteness R457.
- Whiteness meters are widely used to measure the level of brightness in dyeing, textile printing, and chemical building. They are also employed to measure the level of brightness of paints, materials, plastic products, paper boards, ceramics, white cement, talcum powder, cosmetics, enamel, salt, starch, flour, and detergents.
- The global whiteness meter market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increased demand for these meters from various industries such as food & beverages, construction, and paints
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Whiteness Meter Market: Dynamics
Key Drivers of Global Whiteness Meter Market
- Rise in the demand for whiteness meters in the global food industry to measure the brightness level of starch, salt, and sugar is expected to drive the demand for whiteness meters worldwide in the next few years
- Furthermore, increasing demand for whiteness meters in construction and paints industries to measure whiteness of steel plates, concrete, white cement, paints, and paint coatings is estimated to drive the global whiteness meter market during the forecast period
- Growing adoption of portable or handheld and lightweight whiteness meters across the globe is also anticipated to drive the global market in the near future
- Growth of food & beverages and construction industries across the world and rapid adoption of whiteness meters in these industries is another factor estimated to boost the global whiteness meter market during the forecast period
High Prices of Advanced Whiteness Meters to Hamper Global Market
- High prices of advanced whiteness meters are anticipated to adversely impact the demand for whiteness meters during the forecast period
- Lack of awareness regarding whiteness meters in a few undeveloped regions is also projected to hamper the global market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Whiteness Meter Market
- In terms of region, the global whiteness meter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global whiteness meter market in 2018, due to presence of well-established, technologically advanced manufacturers and increasing adoption of whiteness meters in construction, textile, paints, and food industries in the region
- Europe is anticipated to hold the second-largest share of the global whiteness meter market during the forecast period, due to expanding food & beverages industry and consistent capital investments in food & beverages and textile industries in the region
- The whiteness meter market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace between 2019 and 2027. This can be attributed to growth of construction and paints industries in the region.
Global Whiteness Meter Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Whiteness Meter Market
Several local, regional, and international players manufacture whiteness meters. Hence, the market is rather fragmented; intensity of competition is also high among players. Rapid technological advancements have led to threat of substitution in the global whiteness meter market. Manufacturers of whiteness meters are focusing on the production of whiteness meters that comply with the international testing standards. For instance, PCE Deutschland GmbH designs whiteness meters in compliance with the international testing standards such as ISO 3688 and ISO 2470. Key players operating in the global whiteness meter market are:
- PCE Deutschland GmbH
- Labtron Equipment Ltd.
- Mesu Lab Instruments (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd
- Caltech Engineering Services
- Optics Technology
- AROTEK SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS PVT. LTD.
- Mangal Instrumentation
- EIE Instruments
- Kett US
- A & E Lab Instruments (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd.
Global Whiteness Meter Market: Research Scope
Global Whiteness Meter Market, by Modularity
Global Whiteness Meter Market, by Operation
Global Whiteness Meter Market, by Industry
- Paper & Pulp
- Food & Beverages
Global Whiteness Meter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.