Whiteness Meters: Introduction
- Whiteness meters are primarily used to measure the level of brightness of paper, cellulose, and other materials such as plastics, porcelain, and other non-metal products with flat surface. Whiteness meters are primarily used in applications wherein reliable, accurate, and exact measurements are required.
- A whiteness meter primarily comprises components such as an optical system, a light source, a display system, and a detection system. The whiteness calculation formula of the instrument is blue light whiteness R457.
- Whiteness meters are widely used to measure the level of brightness in dyeing, textile printing, and chemical building. They are also employed to measure the level of brightness of paints, materials, plastic products, paper boards, ceramics, white cement, talcum powder, cosmetics, enamel, salt, starch, flour, and detergents.
- The global whiteness meter market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increased demand for these meters from various industries such as food & beverages, construction, and paints
Global Whiteness Meter Market: Dynamics
Key Drivers of Global Whiteness Meter Market
- Rise in the demand for whiteness meters in the global food industry to measure the brightness level of starch, salt, and sugar is expected to drive the demand for whiteness meters worldwide in the next few years
- Furthermore, increasing demand for whiteness meters in construction and paints industries to measure whiteness of steel plates, concrete, white cement, paints, and paint coatings is estimated to drive the global whiteness meter market during the forecast period
- Growing adoption of portable or handheld and lightweight whiteness meters across the globe is also anticipated to drive the global market in the near future
- Growth of food & beverages and construction industries across the world and rapid adoption of whiteness meters in these industries is another factor estimated to boost the global whiteness meter market during the forecast period
High Prices of Advanced Whiteness Meters to Hamper Global Market
- High prices of advanced whiteness meters are anticipated to adversely impact the demand for whiteness meters during the forecast period
- Lack of awareness regarding whiteness meters in a few undeveloped regions is also projected to hamper the global market during the forecast period
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Whiteness Meter Market
- In terms of region, the global whiteness meter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global whiteness meter market in 2018, due to presence of well-established, technologically advanced manufacturers and increasing adoption of whiteness meters in construction, textile, paints, and food industries in the region
- Europe is anticipated to hold the second-largest share of the global whiteness meter market during the forecast period, due to expanding food & beverages industry and consistent capital investments in food & beverages and textile industries in the region
- The whiteness meter market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace between 2019 and 2027. This can be attributed to growth of construction and paints industries in the region.
Global Whiteness Meter Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Whiteness Meter Market
Several local, regional, and international players manufacture whiteness meters. Hence, the market is rather fragmented; intensity of competition is also high among players. Rapid technological advancements have led to threat of substitution in the global whiteness meter market. Manufacturers of whiteness meters are focusing on the production of whiteness meters that comply with the international testing standards. For instance, PCE Deutschland GmbH designs whiteness meters in compliance with the international testing standards such as ISO 3688 and ISO 2470. Key players operating in the global whiteness meter market are:
- PCE Deutschland GmbH
- Labtron Equipment Ltd.
- Mesu Lab Instruments (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd
- Caltech Engineering Services
- Optics Technology
- AROTEK SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS PVT. LTD.
- Mangal Instrumentation
- EIE Instruments
- Kett US
- A & E Lab Instruments (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd.
Global Whiteness Meter Market: Research Scope
Global Whiteness Meter Market, by Modularity
Global Whiteness Meter Market, by Operation
Global Whiteness Meter Market, by Industry
- Paper & Pulp
- Food & Beverages
Global Whiteness Meter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!