Submerged Arc Furnace: Introduction
- Submerged arc furnace is a type of electric furnace mainly used for production of phosphorous and ferroalloys. The major function of a furnace is to reduce the metal level in slag. The global submerged arc furnace market is anticipated to show significant growth in the coming years owing to numerous applications in chemical and metallurgical industry such as extraction of ferroalloy, phosphorus, and other non-ferrous elements, recycling of metals etc. Submerged arc furnaces are the most commonly used furnace type for slag cleaning operations and for increasing metal recoveries.
- The global submerged arc furnace market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for submerged arc furnace mainly in developing countries across Asia Pacific and in Middle East & Africa.
Key Drivers of the Global Submerged Arc Furnace Market
- Increasing metal extraction industries and other refineries across the globe, and advancement in furnace technology are anticipated to be key factors driving the global submerged arc furnace market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, rising industrialization and urbanization is surging the demand for submerged arc furnaces. This is expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global submerged arc furnace market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted several business strategies such as development of new products, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and expansion to cater to the increasing demand for submerged arc furnaces in different regions. For instance, SMS group GmbH, a major machine and plants supplier for nonferrous and steel industry provides modification in machines or plants with upgraded technology, which is expected to help the company increase its customer base.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Submerged arc furnace anticipated to offer attractive opportunities
- Operational cost of a submerged arc furnace is less compared to other types of furnaces which is an encouraging factor for furnace manufacturers. Increasing demand for metal products and other alloys across developing countries is expected to create lucrative opportunities for submerged arc furnace manufacturers in the coming years. Several countries in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa are expected to show increasing demand for submerged arc furnaces in future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Submerged Arc Furnace Market
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market for submerged arc furnaces, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for major share of the market for submerged arc furnaces in this region. Increasing demand for submerged arc furnaces in metal industries across Asia Pacific is due to continued urbanization and industrialization. This is expected to be a driving factor for the regional market.
- North America and Europe hold major share in the submerged arc furnace market. Large number of industries and increasing demand for metal components support the dominance of the North America and Europe market.
- Several countries in Middle East and Africa region are witnessing a significant surge in metal industries and demand for metal products. This is expected to be a major factor that drives the demand for submerged arc furnaces, thereby boosting the submerged arc furnace market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global submerged arc furnace market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 15%-20% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global submerged arc furnace market are:
- SMS Group
- Hammers Industries
- Tenova Core
- Xi'an Abundance Electric Technology
- Prakash Industries
- Ghalsasi Smelting
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Submerged Arc Furnace Market, ask for a customized report
Global Submerged Arc Furnace Market: Research Scope
Global Submerged Arc Furnace Market, by Type
- AC Submerged Arc Furnace
- DC Submerged Arc Furnace
Global Submerged Arc Furnace Market, by Application
- Ferrous Metallurgy (Ferrous Alloys)
- Ferro Chrome
- Ferro Nickel
- Ferro Manganese
- Ferro Niobium
- Nonferrous Metallurgy
Global Submerged Arc Furnace Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.