Hose Pump Market
Hose Pump Market (Maximum Pressure: Below 2 Bar, 2 to 4 Bar, 4 to 6 Bar, 6 to 8 Bar, 8 to 16 Bar, 16 to 32 Bar, and 32 to 64 Bar; Hose Material: Natural Rubber, Nitrile Rubber, Neoprene, PVC, Silicone, Polyurethane, and Others; Maximum Flow: Up to 2 m³/h, 2 to 4 m³/h, 4 to 6 m³/h, 6 to 8 m³/h, and 8 to 10 m³/h; End Use: Water & Wastewater Treatment, Chemicals Metering, Hydrocarbons Metering, and Food & Beverage with Abrasive Ingredients; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Demand for Specialized Fluid Path Technologies Surges for COVID-19 Vaccine Development
Companies in the hose pump market are directly and indirectly involved in fighting the coronavirus outbreak. The Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) - a provider of pharmaceutical industries with specialized fluid path technologies, is gaining recognition for its single-use technologies and process development systems that are crucial for vaccine manufacturers. This is evident since research institutes, healthcare, and pharmaceutical companies have entered the completion to develop COVID-19 vaccines and effective drugs.
Economic and business activities in the global hose pump market have potentially slowed down such as most industries. However, stakeholders in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors have raised the demand for agile & reliable partners supplying hose pumps & specialized fluid path technologies for the development of vaccines. Such trends are helping companies to keep economies running during unprecedented times of the pandemic.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hose Pump Market
Peristaltic Hose Pumps Help Maintain Fixed Flow Rates in Mining Operations
The peristaltic hose pump technology is gaining recognition in precious metal mining. This explains why the hose pump market is estimated to cross US$ 1 Bn by 2031. Advantages such as reduced pump downtime with peristaltic hose pumps and safety in handling of aggressive chemicals are translating into incremental opportunities for manufacturers and suppliers. This has led to the unlocking for revenue opportunities in the mining for precious metals sector.
A strong focus on water consumption is present within filtration-based mining as large volumes are required in the process. Companies in hose pump market are increasing their production capabilities in heavy-duty peristaltic pumps that help to maintain accurate fixed flow rates in mining operations.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Hose Pumps Save Cost for Effluent Management at U.K. Fuel Stations
Apart from product innovations, companies in the hose pump market are increasing efforts to solve sewerage issues at fuel stations in the U.K. With years of experience in environmental and industrial sectors, hose pump manufacturers and suppliers are tapping into revenue opportunities at the U.K. fuel stations, since they are not connected directly to mains sewerage. Hose pumps are emerging as a suitable solution to this issue for users seeking an effective way to empty septic tanks and keep toilets clean at fuel service stations.
Due to increased footfall at the U.K. fuel stations on highways following the opening of new food outlets and hotels, users are decreasing their dependence on underground holding tanks for their effluent and are opting for hose pumps that are connected directly to the mains sewerage. Since regular external tank emptying is expensive, latest pump technologies are being preferred as a commercially attractive alternative.
Peristaltic Hose Pumps Enable Cost-efficient Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants
Peristaltic hose pumps are being associated with reduced waste in wastewater treatment. Verderflex - a manufacturer of peristaltic hose pumps and tube pumps is being publicized for its pump technology, which enables the dosing of sodium hypochlorite and gaining prominence at wastewater treatment plants worldwide. Companies in the hose pump market are boosting their manufacturing capacities in peristaltic hose pumps, since wastewater plant need to run cost efficiently. They are increasing the availability of pumps with a long hose life with the ease of maintenance when the hose needs to be changed.
Manufacturers in the hose pump market are realizing that reliability, superior design, and exceptional hose life are preferred by end users. The positive feedback from users are helping manufacturers and suppliers gain more customers.
Chemical Dosing Requires Peristaltic Hose Pumps with Lowest Life-cycle Cost
Chemical metering applications are predicted to dictate the second highest revenue among all end use in the hose pump market. Convergent Water Controls (CWC) - a supplier of automated water treatment solutions, is publicizing its product portfolio in tubing and hose for chemical dosing applications. On the other hand, Albin Pump - a machining manufacturer in Montélimar, France, is acquiring popularity for its peristaltic hose pumps that offer the lowest life-cycle cost compared to other pump technologies.
It has been found that most peristaltic hose pumps have no seals or stuffing boxes that present challenges and added costs. Due to this, companies in the hose pump market are realizing the importance of R&D investment to develop pumps that offer the lowest life-cycle cost, and are capable of handling slurries, suspended solids, and abrasive materials without upset.
Easy Maintenance, Leak Detection Attributes Bolstering Hose Pump Sales
Companies in the hose pump market are boosting their production capabilities in machines with cutting-edge design and that make pumping easier. They are developing machines consisting of an elastomeric tube that is squeezed along its length by rollers that push the fluid contained within. This ensures a gentle pumping action that does not cause damage to the machine. Manufacturers are making pumps available for a range of applications, including food products, abrasives, chemicals, and solids.
High performance and easy maintenance pumps are preferred by customers. Manufacturers in the hose pump market are developing pumps that deploy reversible flow and suction lifts. Simplified maintenance with easy hose replacement and easy leak detection are being preferred by users.
Cutting-edge Hose Pumps Offer 24/7 Operation in Demanding Environments
There is a growing demand for hose pumps that facilitate the transferring of difficult chemicals and liquids. AbaqueTM peristaltic hose pumps are gaining prominence for operations in some of the most demanding environments, including waste & wastewater treatment and chemical processing end use cases. Companies in the hose pump market are expanding their revenue streams in mining, energy, and OEM applications. They are offering pumping solutions meant for abrasive products containing suspended particles.
Heavy-duty ductile iron and steel are being used to design the pump housing, which provides reliable 24/7 pump operation. They are developing pumps that utilize a rugged close-coupled gear reducer. The handling of the toughest pumping challenges is being achieved with cutting-edge hose pumps, including solid loaded liquids, aggressive fluids as well as viscous materials.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hose Pump Market
Essential applications including single-use technologies and process development systems are generating income streams for companies in the hose pump market during the COVID-19 outbreak. The market is expected to clock a modest volume CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. This is evident since there is a need for robust peristaltic hose pumps that meet demanding requirements in the chemical industry. In order to gain market dominance in the chemicals industry, machine manufacturers should develop pumps that result in no adverse effect on the metering performance. Paint & coatings, building industry, and balneology are helping to broaden income streams. Greater operator safety and easy access to monitoring are the main focus areas for hose pump manufacturers.
Hose Pump Market: Overview
- According to the latest market report published by Transparency Market Research on the hose pump market for the period of 2021–2031 (wherein 2021 to 2031 is the forecast period and 2020 is the base year), rising investment in water & wastewater treatment plants is a key factor propelling the demand for pumping solutions, thus driving the hose pump market
- Globally, revenue generated by the hose pump market valued over US$ 800 Mn in 2020, which is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~5%, in terms of value, during the forecast period
Rising Investment in Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants: Key Driver of Hose Pump Market
- Hose pumps are a crucial part of water treatment systems for municipal, industrial, residential, commercial, and other process applications. Traditional methods of water and wastewater treatment, such as filtration, are being replaced by systems that integrate peristaltic pumps with flow meters, modern digital control, and monitoring systems. These new water systems that comprise hose pumps enable accurate chemical dosages to maximize the output of conditioned water. Maintaining an adequate drinking water supply, with groundwater levels declining and the available reserves contaminated by pollutants and industrial effluents, is a key challenge faced by several countries around the world. Therefore, hose pumps are highly essential for the water treatment process, and this is estimated to boost the hose pump market consistently in the near future.
- Rise in population, increase in demand for freshwater, shrinking sources, and expansion of the industrial sector are major factors that are increasing water scarcity across the globe. These factors, besides rising investments in the industrial sector are anticipated to boost the hose pump market.
Growth of Emerging Economies: Significant Opportunity for Hose Pump Market
- Expansion of developing economies and rapid urbanization & globalization have led to more opportunities in countries where the demand for food is high, but the supply of quality food is lagging. This has resulted in greater focus on developing economies such as Brazil, China, India, Argentina, and Malaysia by pumps manufacturers, due to an increase in the demand for food, fewer local advanced pumps manufacturers, and lower cost of food production. Rising population creates opportunities for more food production and propels the demand for freshwater as well as wastewater treatment, which is expected to further fuel the hose pump market in these countries.
- Additionally, modernization and making consumers aware of the advantages of hose pumps are estimated to drive the market. Advancements in miniature hose pumps and changes in the price of hose pumps can create more opportunities for manufacturers to cater to untapped markets, which, in turn, are projected to propel the hose pump market during the forecast period.
Rising Demand for Miniature Hose Pumps: Key Trend of Market
- Increase in demand for water treatment systems is likely to boost the demand for hose pumps and subsequently, propels the hose pump market. Shrinking water resources, rise in population, and increase in demand for freshwater are key factors boosting the demand for water treatment processes and consequently, fuels the hose pump market globally.
- Usage of hose pumps in applications in various industries such as wastewater, food & beverage, and chemicals is increasing, as hose pumps are ideal for dosing or metering chemicals, liquid ingredients, and flavorings. Several end-use industries prefer miniature hose pumps that are small micro pumps. These microfluidic devices are designed to operate peripheral equipment for liquid handling that increase the cost and complexity of these systems. Miniature hose pumps offer low-cost solutions to these microfluidic devices that can be manufactured with a combination of 3D printed parts and common hardware.
Failure, Replacement of Hoses, Tubes: Restraint of Hose Pump Market
- Hose pumps require low maintenance; however, hose and tubes may require frequent replacement after handling corrosive or reactive fluids. The replacements are inexpensive, but frequent replacements may result in shutting down of the process and may lead to contamination of fluids. When hoses are exposed to extreme temperatures, they begin to lose their flexibility and stiffen. High temperatures cause the plasticizers in the elastomeric inner tube to break down, which subsequently hardens and begins to crack. Over time, those cracks can eventually reach the exterior of the hose. Hose failure causes the shutdown of machines and entire systems, resulting in downtime, expensive repairs, and other financial losses. Additionally, operating the pumps above their design pressure would result in the rupture of the tube or hose. These are major factors that may hamper the hose pump market.
Hose Pump Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of hose pumps have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the hose pump market include
- Flowrox Oy
- Graco Inc.
- Ingersoll Rand
- TAPFLO AB
- Aalborg Instruments
- Verder Liquids B.V.
- Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group
- WDT Werner Dosiertechnik GmbH & Co. KG.
Hose Pump Market: Key Developments
- Prominent players in the hose pump market are increasing investments in innovative products to fulfill the needs of end users and offer them customized solutions. Manufacturers are also planning to expand their product portfolio and presence in various regions through mergers & acquisitions, and offer advanced hose pumps to end users.
- Some other key developments in the hose pump market are highlighted below:
- On May 27, 2021, the Verder Group announced the acquisition of the pump product line from Xylem. This acquisition will help the company to strengthen its portfolio of offerings in the pharmaceutical and food & beverage segments. The Verder Group is focusing on increasing its footprints in the market, expanding its product portfolio and increasing & intensifying focus on the hygiene market that will enable it to further penetrate expanding markets.
- On September 1, 2020, Ingersoll Rand acquired France-based company Albin Pump SAS (Albin). The company’s main intention is to expand its offering of fluid management technologies and drive more sustainability into pump applications. Electric peristaltic pumps are one of the fastest growing positive displacement technologies, creating strong aftermarket opportunities. Ingersoll Rand is strategizing on using Albin’s strong technological expertise in niche applications and end markets, which will help it to strengthen its presence in the global market.
- On March 12, 2020, the Verder Group launched the Rapide 5000 peristaltic pump, which combines the advanced Vantage 5000 pump head with the simplicity of a single or three phase powered industrial gear motor. The pump is suitable to dose and transfer abrasive and corrosive liquids such as inks, chemical additives, paints, and off gassing liquids.
Hose Pump Market – Scope of Report
A new study on the global hose pump market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global hose pump market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global hose pump market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2021 - 2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global hose pump market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global hose pump market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global hose pump market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global hose pump market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Hose Pump Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the hose pump market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global hose pump market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global hose pump market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global hose pump market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global hose pump market?
Research Methodology – Hose Pump Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global hose pump market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global hose pump market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the hose pump market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from hose pump market industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global hose pump market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global hose pump market more reliable and accurate.
Hose Pump Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global hose pump market includes information categorized into six sections - maximum pressure, hose material, maximum flow, end use, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the hose pump market are discussed in detail.