Wellhead Systems Market: Introduction
- A wellhead is the component at the surface of an oil or gas well that provides the drilling and production equipment with a structural and pressure-containing interface. The wellhead system is where casing and tubing strings are concluded. As a result, these systems regulate pressure and give access to the casing or tubing's main bore or annulus. Drilling and completion activities may be carried out securely and with minimum environmental risk due to this pressure-controlled access. Several barriers, such as primary and secondary seals are utilized to reduce the risk of equipment failure. The market for wellhead systems is expected to witness growth in the upcoming years across the globe.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Wellhead Systems Market
- During the forecast period, the increasing use of automatic and electronic sensors in operations is expected to contribute to the growth of the wellhead systems market. These sensors help control and monitor operating conditions, minimizing damage caused by internal factors such as corrosion, stress, and high pressure. Furthermore, the wellhead system has changed over time. Improved features such as ease of maintenance, lifespan, increased dependability, and cost efficiency is likely to contribute to rising demand for wellhead systems throughout the forecast period.
- Various technological developments are expected to boost the growth of the wellhead systems market as evolving technologies such as monitoring systems and pressure control systems enhance the functionalities of the wellhead system. Furthermore, more focus from the manufacturers’ side on technological developments is expected to drive the wellhead systems market during the forecast period.
- Over the forecast period, the growing number of drilling activities in offshore regions such as the North Sea, Gulf of Mexico, and Brazil is likely to fuel the expansion of the wellhead systems market. Market development prospects are also expected to be furthered by rising investment in exploration operations by key companies such as Royal Dutch Shell plc (UK) and Chevron Corporation (US).
North America and Middle East & Africa to Hold Major Share of the Global Wellhead Systems Market
- In terms of region, the wellhead systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- The worldwide wellhead systems market is expected to be dominated by North America, and Middle East & Africa during the forecast period. These regions are leading producers of oil and gas, with extensive exploration underway. Furthermore, various petrochemical industries in these prominent regions are projected to add to the rising demand for wellhead systems. Major market players are delivering wellhead system equipment to these regions due to rising demand, and this trend is likely to continue over the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Wellhead Systems Market are Listed Below:
- Baker Hughes Company
- FMC Technologies, Inc.
- Forum Energy Technologies, Inc.
- GE Grid Solutions Company
- Nabors Industries Ltd.
- National Oilwell Varco Inc.
- Plexus Ocean Systems Ltd
- Schlumberger Limited
- Shanghai Wellhead Equipment Manufacture Co. Ltd.
- Wellhead Systems, Inc.
Global Wellhead Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Wellhead Systems Market, by Component
- Master Valves
- Others (Adaptors, Casing Heads and Spools, etc.)
Global Wellhead Systems Market, by Category
- Gas Drilling Wells
- Oil Drilling Wells
Global Wellhead Systems Market, by Application
- Surface Location Offshore
Global Wellhead Systems Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Wellhead Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!