SMT Inspection Equipment – Introduction
- SMT stands for Surface Mount Technology. Widespread usage of this technology in PCB (Printed Circuit Boards) assembly has resulted in continued down-sizing of components.
- This constant miniaturizing of electronic components and its advanced packaging with finer lead pitches coupled with growing component densities have been driving the demand for advanced SMT inspection systems in order to accurately identify the defects in PCB assemblies
- At the same time, newly emerging manufacturing assembly lines equipped with higher production rates are also fuelling the need for highly effective testing equipment.
- Some of the quality standards required for electronic devices include IPC, and ANSI-JSTD Apart from the conventional electric tests such as in-circuit test (ICT), other SMT inspections include AOI (Automatic Optical Inspection), and automatic X-ray inspection.
Rapidly evolving AOI technology to drive the demand for AOI equipment, subsequently driving the global SMT inspection equipment market
- AOI systems are used for inspection of the quality of electronic devices at each stage of their manufacturing process
- The AOI inspection method is relatively faster, more accurate, and more cost effective. Hence its demand in the coming years is expected to remain highly promising.
- AOI system providers are also evolving at a speedy pace owing to a rapidly transforming industry. This has attracted several manufacturers to invest in procurement of AOI systems, which would not only allow them to maintain the quality of their products but also comply with superior quality standardizations
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Market Growth Opportunities Aligned with Rising Automotive and Electronics Industry
- Rapidly growing automotive and electronics industry in developing nations are projected to offer the SMT inspection equipment market with promising growth opportunity during the forecast period
- Modernization trend in the automotive industry and amalgamation of PCBs in vehicles is likely to foster the demand for compliant SMTs in the industry, which in response is expected to generate demand growth opportunity for SMT inspection equipment providers
Lack of Skilled Workforce a Major Challenge to the Market
- Vendors in the SMT industry face critical challenges in terms of adoption of latest technological updates and at the same time comply with its dynamic regulatory ecosystem
- Moreover, in case of lack of aptly skilled professionals, vendors are likely to face the threat of not being able to deliver desired results to their end customers. This might impede the adoption of SMT inspection equipment.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market
- In terms of geography, the global SMT inspection equipment market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the SMT inspection equipment market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The SMT inspection equipment market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018, owing to presence of leading industry players as well as an exponentially growing automotive industry across China, Japan, India, and South Korea
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Europe and North America during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on SMT Inspection Equipment Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the SMT Inspection Equipment Market
The global SMT inspection equipment market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global SMT inspection equipment market are:
- Omron Corporation
- Saki Corporation
- Camtek Ltd.
- Nordson YESTECH
- Shenzhen Zhenhuaxing Technology Co., Ltd.
- SCREEN Holdings Co., Ltd.
- AOI Systems Ltd
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Equipment Type
- Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI)
- Automated X-Ray Inspection (AXI)
- Solder Paste Inspection (SPI)
- In-Circuit Test (ICT)
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Dimension
- Two Dimension
- Three Dimension
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Configuration
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Phase
- Incoming Inspection
- In-Process Inspection
- Product Inspection and Rework
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by End-user
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Others (Energy & Power, etc.)
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.