SMT Inspection Equipment – Introduction
- SMT stands for Surface Mount Technology. Widespread usage of this technology in PCB (Printed Circuit Boards) assembly has resulted in continued down-sizing of components.
- This constant miniaturizing of electronic components and its advanced packaging with finer lead pitches coupled with growing component densities have been driving the demand for advanced SMT inspection systems in order to accurately identify the defects in PCB assemblies
- At the same time, newly emerging manufacturing assembly lines equipped with higher production rates are also fuelling the need for highly effective testing equipment.
- Some of the quality standards required for electronic devices include IPC, and ANSI-JSTD Apart from the conventional electric tests such as in-circuit test (ICT), other SMT inspections include AOI (Automatic Optical Inspection), and automatic X-ray inspection.
Rapidly evolving AOI technology to drive the demand for AOI equipment, subsequently driving the global SMT inspection equipment market
- AOI systems are used for inspection of the quality of electronic devices at each stage of their manufacturing process
- The AOI inspection method is relatively faster, more accurate, and more cost effective. Hence its demand in the coming years is expected to remain highly promising.
- AOI system providers are also evolving at a speedy pace owing to a rapidly transforming industry. This has attracted several manufacturers to invest in procurement of AOI systems, which would not only allow them to maintain the quality of their products but also comply with superior quality standardizations
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Market Growth Opportunities Aligned with Rising Automotive and Electronics Industry
- Rapidly growing automotive and electronics industry in developing nations are projected to offer the SMT inspection equipment market with promising growth opportunity during the forecast period
- Modernization trend in the automotive industry and amalgamation of PCBs in vehicles is likely to foster the demand for compliant SMTs in the industry, which in response is expected to generate demand growth opportunity for SMT inspection equipment providers
Lack of Skilled Workforce a Major Challenge to the Market
- Vendors in the SMT industry face critical challenges in terms of adoption of latest technological updates and at the same time comply with its dynamic regulatory ecosystem
- Moreover, in case of lack of aptly skilled professionals, vendors are likely to face the threat of not being able to deliver desired results to their end customers. This might impede the adoption of SMT inspection equipment.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market
- In terms of geography, the global SMT inspection equipment market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the SMT inspection equipment market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The SMT inspection equipment market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018, owing to presence of leading industry players as well as an exponentially growing automotive industry across China, Japan, India, and South Korea
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Europe and North America during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on SMT Inspection Equipment Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the SMT Inspection Equipment Market
The global SMT inspection equipment market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global SMT inspection equipment market are:
- Omron Corporation
- Saki Corporation
- Camtek Ltd.
- Nordson YESTECH
- Shenzhen Zhenhuaxing Technology Co., Ltd.
- SCREEN Holdings Co., Ltd.
- AOI Systems Ltd
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Equipment Type
- Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI)
- Automated X-Ray Inspection (AXI)
- Solder Paste Inspection (SPI)
- In-Circuit Test (ICT)
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Dimension
- Two Dimension
- Three Dimension
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Configuration
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Phase
- Incoming Inspection
- In-Process Inspection
- Product Inspection and Rework
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by End-user
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Others (Energy & Power, etc.)
Global SMT Inspection Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.