Wind Energy Equipment Logistics: Introduction
- In wind energy, electricity is produced by using wind. Wind energy is a renewable form of energy which is extensively used globally. Wind energy equipment logistics deals with housing, transportation, and supply of equipment related to the production of wind energy.
- Logistics of wind energy equipment is a complicated process due to the massive size of equipment. Logistics of such equipment requires proper coordination with local authorities and permits to carry oversized loads.
- The wind energy equipment logistics market is expected to grow at an exponential rate during the forecast period due to a growing global trend of shifting toward renewable energy.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Wind Energy Equipment Logistics Market
- Growth of the wind energy equipment logistics market is directly dependent on a region’s wind energy production capability and its plans for future production and expansion. According to the Global Wind Energy Council, as many as 10,000 new turbines are expected to be installed around the world in the coming 15 – 20 years.
- Wind energy projects are capital intensive and come under the government of a particular country. Wind energy is one of the fastest growing sectors and a widely used form of energy in many countries. Its adoption rate is high as it is a clean form of energy, has low operating cost, and is space sufficient, which is projected to drive the wind energy equipment logistics market during the forecast period.
- Logistics providers usually tend to have long term contracts with manufacturers and governments. Logistics providers are upgrading their vehicles along with efficient supply chain coordination for streamlined operations and to gain prominent market share. The problem the logistics industry faces is in finding qualified drivers to pilot vehicles with such massive equipment.
- The global wind energy market has seen exponential growth in the last decade due to increasing wind energy installation capabilities in developing countries. All these factors are likely to drive the global wind energy equipment logistics market during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Wind Energy Equipment Logistics Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Wind Energy Equipment Logistics Market
- Geographically, the global wind energy equipment logistics market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific holds dominant share of the global wind energy equipment logistics market. China and India are the major markets in the region. By the end of 2017, China had installed 188,392 mw of wind power capacity and has plans to install another 10GW of wind capacity by 2020.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to be followed by Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Based on country, the U.S. generates maximum energy after China, but due to increasing capacity in Germany, Spain, the U.K, France and Italy, Europe holds the second spot in the global wind energy equipment logistics market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global wind energy equipment logistics market include:
- A. P. MOLLER – MAERSK
- BLG Logistics Group AG & Co. KG
- DHL International GmbH
- Global Shipping Services, LLC
- Scheuerle Vehicle Factory GmbH
- STS Heavy Hauling
- TIBA Group
- TNO (Nederlandse Organisatie)
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Wind Energy Equipment Logistics Market: Research Scope
Global Wind Energy Equipment Logistics Market, by Transport Type
Global Wind Energy Equipment Logistics Market, by Application
Global Wind Energy Equipment Logistics Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.