UV Air Purifiers Market
UV Air Purifiers Market (Mounting Type: Fixed and Portable; Power [Watt]: Less than 70, 70 – 100 , 100 – 140, and More than 140; Air Flow Range: Less than 0.7 m3/sec, 0.7-1.4 m3/sec, 1.4-2.0 m3/sec, and More than 2.0 m3/sec; Application: Residential, Commercial, and Industrial; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Factory Automation
- 190 Pages
UV Air Purifiers Grow Popular in Cold Regions to Combat COVID-19
Ultraviolet C (UV-C) light air purification is gaining prominence to help protect against potential airborne pathogens such as COVID-19, pneumonia, and influenza. Such trends are creating incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the UV air purifiers market. Though facemasks and social distancing are effective in combating the spread of coronavirus, UVC light disinfection is emerging as an efficacious method to prevent airborne transmission.
Companies in the UV air purifiers market are scurrying to leverage incremental opportunities in severe cold weather areas where such devices are in demand, since recommendations for socializing outdoors is not practical. An increasing number of COVID-19 positive cases after first dose of vaccine is another driver of the UV air purifiers for indoor air sterilization.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the UV Air Purifiers Market
Medical Grade HEPA Filtration Solves Issues of Low UV Dosage, Interference
Despite many advantages of UV air purifiers, these devices are under scrutiny by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for their practical efficacy in the killing of pathogens and viruses including COVID-19. Issues such as low dosage due to bulb coatings and too much interference with the HEPA (High-efficiency Particulate Air) filter result in the germs to stay unaffected by the device. Such problems have led to the adoption of medical grade HEPA filtration as a safe alternative.
The UV air purifiers market is expected to reach US$ 2.5 Bn by the end of 2031. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D efforts to combine UV light with medical grade HEPA filtration to gain approval by the CDC for future UV air purifiers.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
UV with HEPA Filter Air Purifiers Work More Effectively than Conventional Devices
Online reviews of UV air purifiers are playing an instrumental role in sales opportunities for manufacturers. These devices are being highly publicized in India, as researchers are emphasizing that UV with HEPA filter air purifiers work more effectively when the UV light is on as compared to conventional devices. Some of popular devices are GermGuardian AC5250PT, EnviroKlenz Mobile UV, and InvisiClean Aura II that are grabbing consumer attention through online sales and eCommerce.
The UV air purifiers market is estimated to grow at a robust CAGR of ~8% during the assessment period. Manufacturers in the UV air purifiers market are increasing efforts to incorporate a 3-stage filtration system involving pre-filter and charcoal filter that traps large particles such as dust and pet hair.
European Airports Demand UV Air Purifiers with Wet Air Pollution Control Technology
European innovations are intensifying competition in the UV air purifiers market. Italy-based Is Clean Air company is increasing its focus in the wet air pollution control technology, a process inspired by the rain cycle and coupled with UV treatment. Such technologies have the capability to treat indoor air at airports, and are being used for outdoor experiments to treat fine particles, nitrogen oxides, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), and ozone.
Ultra silent UV air purifiers are translating into revenue opportunities for manufacturers in the UV air purifiers market. These are smart devices with digital dual ionic filters, which help to automatically detect airborne pollutants.
Easy Interfaces in Certified Air Purifiers Preferred by Users
Companies in the UV air purifiers market are increasing their production capabilities in devices that not only trap germs but also kill them. They are increasing efforts to increase the availability of the medical-grade purification technology using a combination of HEPA filters and powerful UV C lamps to trap particles and kill microorganisms. Such technologies are becoming increasingly commonplace in homes, office spaces, retail stores, salons, and boutiques.
Easy-to-use button interface, wide five-level fan speed, and sleep mode are features being highly preferred by users. Manufacturers are aiming to produce AHAM verified, Energy Star certified, and CARB approved devices to boost their credibility in the UV air purifiers market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on UV Air Purifiers Market
The UV germicidal irradiation is being employed for air disinfection in many indoor applications amidst the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. Companies are producing energy-efficient and low-power motors in air purifiers. However, UV air purifiers are under scrutiny for issues such as inefficacy in reducing allergens and highly toxic mercury in UV-C bulbs. Hence, companies in the UV air purifiers market should combine true HEPA filters with UV-C lamps to overcome issues of conventional devices. Manufacturers are incorporating compact designs in purifiers to increase the availability of portable devices. Whisper-quiet operation at low fan speed and CARB approved devices are being preferred by end users.
UV Air Purifiers Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global UV air purifiers market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2021–2031, rise in demand for air care and increase in concern over indoor air quality have led to high demand for UV air purifiers worldwide
- UV air purifiers are air purification devices and utilize UV-C light to deactivate the microbes and filter the air in an enclosed space. The device uses UV lamps that can potentially alter the DNA of microorganisms and deactivate or destroy them. UV air purifiers are available in different sizes, price range, capacity, and weight across the world.
- In terms of revenue, the global UV air purifiers market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 2.5 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period
Development of Multi-functional UV Air Purifiers a Key Trend in Global Air Purifiers Market
- Rising population and large number of middle class families in emerging countries with increasing disposable income influence consumers to invest in home care and personal care products. Moreover, end users tend to use UV air purifiers for protection against allergens and contaminants that directly affect breathing efficiency.
- Air pollution causes health hazards such as severe asthma, throat irritation, burning sensation in eyes, bronchitis, and allergic respiratory disorders. Therefore, it is vital to maintain clean and healthy air in residential and commercial environments. This is likely to boost the demand for UV air purifiers.
- Rapid urbanization and industrialization is anticipated to adversely affect air quality, thereby affecting the health of people. It is projected to augment the need for UV air purifiers across the globe.
- In addition, technological advancements in electronics is responsible for the demand for smart UV air purifiers across the world. In the last decade, the UV air purifiers market has witnessed smart and energy efficient products whether in terms of features, designs, or functionalities. This is likely to enhance the demand for portable UV air purifiers across the globe during the forecast period.
- Growing adoption of smart appliances and user-friendly features are expected to fuel the demand for smart UV air purifiers during the forecast period. Smart UV air purifiers come with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies, and can be easily operated through smartphones.
- However, higher cost of UV air purifiers is a major challenge restricting rapid adoption of these systems
Increasing Demand for UV Air Purifiers from Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific held a prominent share of the global UV air purifiers market in 2020, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to be a key upcoming market for air purifiers during the forecast period.
- As compared to other regions, South America and Middle East & Africa are projected to witness slower growth rate in the UV air purifiers market during the forecast period
- Rapid urbanization and growing industrialization are key factors driving the demand for UV air purifiers in Asia Pacific. The market is likely to register substantial CAGR with high demand for UV air purifiers from hotels, restaurants, hospitals, clinics, and corporate offices.
- Moreover, the global outbreak of COVID-19 is anticipated to have a positive impact on the UV air purifiers market during the forecast period
UV Air Purifiers Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of UV air purifiers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global UV air purifiers market are
- Alcochem Hygiene
- Eureka Forbes
- Resideo Technologies Inc.
- LG Electronics
- Vystar Corporation
- Guardian Technologies
- ACCO Brands Corporation
- Air Oasis LLC
- HoMedics, etc.
UV Air Purifiers Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of UV air purifiers such as Alcochem Hygiene, Eureka Forbes, Resideo Technologies Inc., and LG Electronics are focusing on product development to attract more customers. Companies are focusing on strategic acquisitions and partnerships to enhance their technical expertise, operational efficiency, and production capacity. Cost effective product offerings, online marketing and promotions, and distribution through eCommerce channels are the key strategies of UV air purifier companies.
- Some other key developments in the global UV air purifiers market are highlighted below:
- Air Oasis LLC aims to expand its production capacity to overcome the current disruption in supply chain due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Furthermore, the company is aiming to achieve supply chain stability through advance production plans.
- In November 2020, ACCO Brands Corporation launched two new TruSens air purifiers - the Medium Smart Room Air Purifier (Z-2500) and the Large Smart Room Air Purifier (Z-3500). These new purifiers feature enhanced SensorPod Technology and remote capability for constant monitoring through the TruSens mobile app.
UV Air Purifiers Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global UV air purifiers market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global UV air purifiers market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global UV air purifiers market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global UV air purifiers market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global UV air purifiers market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global UV air purifiers market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global UV air purifiers market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s UV Air Purifiers Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the UV air purifiers market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global UV air purifiers market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and current trends in technologies of the global UV air purifiers market?
- What is the revenue of the global UV air purifiers market based on segments?
- Which key strategies are used by top players of the global UV air purifiers market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global UV air purifiers market?
Research Methodology – UV Air Purifiers Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global UV air purifiers market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global UV air purifiers market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, eCommerce websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the UV air purifiers market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from UV air purifier industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global UV air purifiers market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global UV air purifiers market more reliable and accurate.
UV Air Purifiers Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global UV air purifiers market includes information categorized into six sections ? mounting type, power (watt), air flow range, application, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the UV air purifiers market are discussed in detail.
|Air Flow Range||