Superfast DC Circuit Breakers Market: Introduction
- Superfast DC circuit breaker is a type of DC circuit breaker that is used for the protection of electrical devices that operate with direct current. It is an essential component of DC electrical grid, as it protects an electrical circuit from damage caused by excess current from a short circuit or overload.
Key Drivers & Restraints of Superfast DC Circuit Breakers Market
- Rise in investments in development of electrical grid infrastructure in developing and developed countries is expected to drive the global superfast DC circuit breakers market during the forecast period. Superfast DC circuit breakers plays a vital role in electrical network, as they interrupt the flow of current after a fault is detected.
- Increase in spending on modernization of existing and obsolete infrastructure to ensure safe and secure distribution of electrical systems is anticipated to stimulate the global superfast DC circuit breakers market during the forecast period. Additionally, growth in capital expenditure on expansion of transmission and distribution infrastructure to meet the rising demand for electricity in developed countries is projected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Technological innovation in design of circuit breakers to enhance operational efficiency is also likely to augment the global superfast DC circuit breakers market. Furthermore, several investments have been made by U.S. Government to develop superfast DC circuit breakers in the country. This is expected to further boost the market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Transmission & Distribution Utilities Application Segment Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- The global superfast DC circuit breakers market can be segmented based on application and region
- In terms of application, the global superfast DC circuit breakers market can be divided into transmission & distribution utilities, power generation, renewables, marine, and others. Superfast DC circuit breakers are extensively used in transmission & distribution utilities due to their ability to transmit power safely and securely.
North America to Account for Significant Share of Global Superfast DC Circuit Breakers Market
- In terms of region, the global superfast DC circuit breakers market can be classified into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The superfast DC circuit breakers market in North America is predicted to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in efforts to develop superfast DC circuit breakers for medium voltage direct current grids. For instance, in February 2019, GE Research received funding worth US$ 5.8 Mn from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency – Energy (ARPA-E) to develop and demonstrate a superfast DC circuit breaker for MVDC grids.
- The superfast DC circuit breakers market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the increase in investments in electrification projects, and refurbishment & upgrade of existing electric networks to meet the rising demand for electricity, primarily in developed and developing economies such as Japan, South Korea, India, and China
- The superfast DC circuit breakers market in Europe is also projected to expand significantly during the forecast period due to increase in investments in installation of renewable energy-based power plants in the region. Furthermore, increase in efforts to upgrade existing alternating current (AC) distribution grids into MVDC grids is anticipated to propel the market in the region in the near future.
- The superfast DC circuit breakers market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period due to increase in demand for electricity in residential and commercial establishments
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global superfast DC circuit breakers market include:
- General Electric
- Knorr-Bremse AG
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
Global Superfast DC Circuit Breakers Market: Research Scope
Global Superfast DC Circuit Breakers Market, by Application
- Transmission & Distribution Utilities
- Power Generation
Global Superfast DC Circuit Breakers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.