Pyrolysis Oil Market
Pyrolysis Oil Market (Feedstock: Plastic, Rubber, Biomass; Process: Fast Pyrolysis and Flash Pyrolysis; and Fuel: Diesel, Gasoline, Fuel Oil, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Increase in Demand for Energy-efficient and Eco-friendly Fuel Alternatives to Aid Market Growth
Over the past couple of decades, the energy sector is increasingly moving toward sustainable and efficient path due to mounting environmental concerns and rapid depletion of fossil fuel reserves. Due to research and development activities, a number of alternative fuels has garnered immense popularity in recent years due to which, the demand for pyrolysis oil is on the rise. In addition, the increasing demand for pyrolysis oil, particularly for multipurpose agricultural diesel engines, has led to fuel the growth of the global pyrolysis oil market during the forecast period.
The promising outcome from R&D activities is likely to shape the growth of the global pyrolysis oil market during the assessment period. Significant rise in energy expenditure, stringent emission regulations, and fluctuating cost of petroleum products in several regions of the world are likely to play an imperative role in boosting the overall prospects of the global pyrolysis oil market during the assessment period. Tire pyrolysis oil has emerged as an ideal alternative fuel for diesel engines due to which, the demand for pyrolysis oil has witnessed a steady growth in recent years– a trend that is projected to continue during the forecast period.
At the back of these factors, the global pyrolysis oil market is on course to surpass the value of US$ 460 Mn by the end of 2030. A significant rise in the number of infrastructure development projects worldwide coupled with increasing focus on industrialization is a major factor likely to augment the demand for pyrolysis oil during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Pyrolysis Oil Market
Growing Popularity as Alternative Fuel Source for Diesel Engines to Bolster Market Growth
In the wake of climate change and increasing demand for environmental protection, disposal of hazardous waste diesel engine oil (WEO) has emerged as a key challenge due to which, recycling of pyrolysis oil using various pyrolysis techniques have gained considerable momentum. The increasing demand for pyrolysis oil extracted using various techniques, including microwave pyrolysis and electrical pyrolysis as an alternative fuel for compression ignition (CI) engine is a major factor that is likely to boost the growth of the global pyrolysis oil market during the assessment period. The low emission levels of pyrolysis oil in comparison with conventional fuel alternatives are anticipated to drive the demand for pyrolysis oil during the forecast period. As the demand and price of the conventional petro fuels is on the rise, researchers are increasingly focusing on the discovery of alternative fuels to cater to the future demand for petro fuels. Furthermore, increasing emphasis on utilizing renewable energy sources is another factor that is projected to contribute to the growth of the global pyrolysis oil market. Increasing consumer confidence and market acceptance of alternative fuels, including pyrolysis oil, are projected to fuel market growth.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Demand to Remain Steady amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The onset of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong impact on the overall growth of the global pyrolysis oil market in 2020. The challenge in terms of storage and transportation of pyrolysis oil is projected to pose as a major threat to the overall growth of the market for pyrolysis oil during the COVID-19 pandemic. Restrictions on transportation, cross-border trade, and ongoing trade war between the U.S. and China are some of the other factors likely to hinder the growth of the global pyrolysis oil market during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Market players are expected to focus on expanding their production capacity in the post COVID-19 era to cater to the demand for pyrolysis oil from various end-use sectors, including agriculture and automotive.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Pyrolysis Oil Market
The global pyrolysis oil market is expected to expand at a moderate CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period due to increasing demand for energy-efficient & green fuel alternatives, mounting environmental concerns, stringent regulatory framework, and rising adoption of pyrolysis oil from agriculture and automotive sectors. The promising outcome of research activities coupled with increasing awareness pertaining to the benefits of using renewable energy resources will aid the overall growth of the global pyrolysis oil market.
Pyrolysis Oil Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global pyrolysis oil market for the historical period 2019 and the forecast period of 2020 to 2030, increase in focus on reducing dependence on utilization of fossil fuel resources is a key factor expected to boost the global pyrolysis oil market during the forecast period. Pyrolysis technology is used to transform non-recycled plastic, tire, and biomass into pyrolysis oil that can be used as a substitute for petroleum products.
- In terms of revenue, the global pyrolysis oil market is estimated to surpass US$ 460 Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% throughout the forecast period. In terms of feedstock, biomass is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment of the global pyrolysis oil market during the forecast period.
Overdependence on Fossil Fuel: Key Driver of Pyrolysis Oil Market
- Rise in efforts to maintain the sustainability of fossil fuels is driving the global pyrolysis oil market
- Global consumption of crude oil has increased significantly over the last few years. According to the BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2020, global crude oil consumption stood at 100.9 million barrels daily in 2019, which is 1.1% higher than that in 2018.
- Rise in infrastructure development activities leads to significant increase in demand for crude oil all across the world. This boosts the need for import of fossil fuels due to the mismatch between demand and supply of fossil fuels.
- Several efforts have been made by researchers in terms of development of sustainable technology for the production of crude oil in order to decrease the mismatch between demand and supply
- Pyrolysis technology is able to transform non-recycled plastic, tire, and biomass into pyrolysis oil and fuel, which can be used as feedstock in olefin crackers or as transportation fuel. This is driving the adoption of pyrolysis technology across the globe. In turn, this is boosting the global pyrolysis oil market.
Increase in Applications of Pyrolysis Oil in Industrial Sector
- Usage of pyrolysis oil has been increasing significantly in several industries such as glass, cement, boiler, and brick. Pyrolysis oil is used as industrial fuel to substitute furnace oil or industrial diesel. Thus, growth of end-use industries is directly impacting the expansion of the global pyrolysis oil market.
- Cement industry is one of the major end users of pyrolysis oil. The cement industry has been expanding significantly across the globe, primarily in developing economies such as China and India, due to the rise in investment in the infrastructure sector. Growth in the cement industry is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the pyrolysis oil market across the globe.
Pyrolysis Oil Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of companies operating in the global pyrolysis oil market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global pyrolysis oil market are
- Agilyx, Inc.
- Alterra Energy
- Plastic2Oil Inc.
- Nexus Fuels
- Plastic Advanced Recycling Corporation
- Brightmark LLC.
- OMV Aktiengesellschaft
- Agile Process Chemicals LLP.
- Klean Industries Inc.
- BTG Biomass Technology Group
- Trident Fuels (Pty) Ltd.
- Pyro-Oil Nig. Ltd.
Pyrolysis Oil Market: Strategic Partnerships
- Prominent companies operating in the global pyrolysis oil market, such as OMV Aktiengesellschaft, Plastic2Oil Inc., and Agilyx, Inc., are focusing on strategic partnerships and acquisition activities to expand their global footprint. Other key strategies in the global pyrolysis oil market are highlighted below:
- In October 2020, OMV Aktiengesellschaft acquired 39% stake in Borealis AG. This acquisition enabled OMV Aktiengesellschaft to own 75% interest in Borealis AG. The total deal was valued at around US$ 4.68 Bn.
- In January 2017, Agilyx Inc. announced plans to construct a 10 ton-per-day production facility near Portland, Oregon, the U.S. The facility is expected to use the company’s proprietary commercial pyrolysis system to convert polystyrene scrap (foam cups, packaging materials, and styrofoam) into styrene monomers. The new facility is anticipated enable Agilyx Inc. to expand its market presence in the U.S.
- In December 2017, Plastic2Oil Inc. (P2O) announced it had signed a 20-year master agreement with Veridisyn Technologies LLC to license its technology and purchase P2O processors. The new strategic partnership combines Veridisyn Technologies LLC’s extensive experience in processing scrap plastics with P2O’s proprietary technology for deriving ultra-clean and ultra-low sulfur fuel.
- In the global pyrolysis oil market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of pyrolysis oil. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global pyrolysis oil market.
Pyrolysis Oil Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes historical and present-day scenario of the global pyrolysis oil market to accurately gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for growth of the global pyrolysis oil market in order to identify opportunities for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global pyrolysis oil market would expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global pyrolysis oil market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the global pyrolysis oil market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global pyrolysis oil market and estimates statistics related to the market in terms of volume (kilo gallons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the global pyrolysis oil market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global pyrolysis oil market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced by these players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Pyrolysis Oil Market
The report provides detailed information about the global pyrolysis oil market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the global market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which feedstock segment of the global pyrolysis oil market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- Which fuel segment of the global pyrolysis oil market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- Which process segment of the global pyrolysis oil market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues in the global pyrolysis oil market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global pyrolysis oil market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global pyrolysis oil market?
Research Methodology – Pyrolysis Oil Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global pyrolysis oil market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global pyrolysis oil market.
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global pyrolysis oil market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global pyrolysis oil market.
Pyrolysis Oil Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global pyrolysis oil market based on feedstock, process, fuel, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing growth prospects of the global pyrolysis oil market.