Polypropylene Market for Packaging, Automotive, Consumer Products, Electrical & Electronics, Construction and Other End-user Industries - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- Chemicals & Materials
- 129 Pages
Global Polypropylene Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for polypropylene stood nearly US$ 100 Bn in 2018 and is projected to reach over US$ 164 Bn by 2027. Increasing demand for polypropylene in the food & beverages packaging industry coupled with rising demand for lightweight vehicles is expected to boost growth of the polypropylene market in the next few years.
- Polypropylene, a thermoplastic polymer, is manufactured by catalytic polymerization of propylene. Polypropylene possesses beneficial properties such as high surface hardness, good tensile strength, and strong chemical resistance. Hence, it is one of the most versatile polymers used in packaging, automobile, construction, electrical & electronics, and medical industries.
- Rising awareness about usage of plastics and replacement of sustainable packaging solution is likely to hamper the growth of polypropylene in coming years. However, manufacturers are focusing on developing competent biobased polypropylene which is anticipated to bring immense opportunities in the market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample?
Global Polypropylene Market: Segmental Insights
- Automotive, packaging and construction are major growth contributor to global polypropylene market. Superior barrier properties, good surface finish and high tensile strength make ideal material for packaging. However, polypropylene is facing strong competition from polyethylene.
- In terms of volume, packaging accounted for more than 45% share in global polypropylene market in 2018. Polypropylene has distinguished utilities in both flexible and rigid packaging due to its ability to resist strong chemicals and high temperature. Polypropylene films offer phenomenal optical clarity and low moisture transmission and hence preferred material for food packaging.
- Robust demand for lightweight motor vehicles in emerging as well as developed regions is estimated to accelerate growth of the polypropylene market. Polypropylene is lightweight and offers optimal balance of mechanical properties and excellent surface finish to vehicles. Hence, it easily replaces metal. Polypropylene is 15% to 20% lighter than other plastics. Thus, it considerably reduces the overall weight of vehicles. This, in turn, reduces fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions.
- Other end-use industries include electronics, graphic arts, logos, sports equipment, medical devices & packaging, etc.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global Polypropylene Market: Regional Insights
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific accounted for nearly 55% share of the global polypropylene market in 2018 and is estimated to increase its share by 2027. High demand for polypropylene is anticipated in China, India, Brazil, and countries in ASEAN due to increasing demand for food containers. However, consumer shift to ecofriendly material is likely to hamper the growth of the market in the coming years.
- The market in Latin America is expected to expand at an above-average rate due to high demand for polypropylene in packaging, automotive, and construction industries. Evolving expenditure style that is inclined toward purchase of packaged materials in BRICS economies has driven demand for polypropylene.
- Demand for polypropylene is high in Europe especially from packaging and automotive segment. Germany, France and UK accounted for major share in Europe polypropylene market in 2018. European market is highly volatile due to upstream activities and dynamic demand of polypropylene.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Polypropylene Market, ask for a customized report
Global Polypropylene Market: Competition Landscape
- Leading players in market include
- BASF SE
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Total S.A.
- Borealis AG
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- INEOS Group Holdings
- Japan Polypropylene Corporation
- Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- In March 2020, LyondellBasell licensed its Spheripol technology to Hyosung Vina Chemicals Co., Ltd. which will be used to produce 300 Kilo Tons of polypropylene plant to be built in Cai Mep Industrial Zone, Vung Tau Province, Vietnam.
- In October 2019, LyondellBasell announced that Ulsan PP Co., Ltd., a joint venture between PolyMirae Company Ltd, a 50-50 partnership of LyondellBasell and Daelim, and SK Advanced broke ground for new polypropylene facility in the southeastern port city of Ulsan, South Korea.
- In October 2019, Braskem America launched biobased polypropylene as per their commitment to Circular Economy concept. The new product launched is as good as virgin polypropylene.
- In March 2019, Braskem America partnered with U.S. distributor PolyQuest Inc. for expanding its reach and presence for polypropylene in U.S. market.
- In January 2019, SABIC opened a dedicated technology & innovation center in Netherlands. This center would be committed to develop new materials for caps & closures.
- In December 2018, SABIC expanded its polypropylene product portfolio by offering new impact copolymer suitable for home appliances and consumer goods with aesthetically appealing surface finish.
Global Polypropylene Market: Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the global polypropylene market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global polypropylene market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global polypropylene market enclosed in the study. The report on the global polypropylene market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancement made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global polypropylene market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much volume sales is expected to be generated in the global polypropylene market by the products during the forecast period?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global polypropylene market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global polypropylene market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global polypropylene market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global polypropylene market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global polypropylene market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on polypropylene that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global polypropylene market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global polypropylene market based on end-use and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global polypropylene market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, region-wise, and segment-wise analysis helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the polypropylene report.
The study on the global polypropylene market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global polypropylene market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
Gglobal Polypropylene Market: Research Methodology
The TMR’s report on the global polypropylene market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global polypropylene market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global polypropylene market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global polypropylene market. Readers can access the study of the global polypropylene market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Global Polypropylene Market: Segmentation
Electrical & electronics
Middle East & Africa