Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market: Overview
- Mobile energy storage systems enable a modular, smarter, and more resilient grid infrastructure through peak demand management. In mobile energy storage systems, increased integration of renewable energy is possible.
- Mobile energy systems are modular, robust, flexible, reliable, and cost-effective electric capacity resources that help in providing a broad spectrum of electricity-related services
- Mobile energy storage systems are able to provide additional electricity generation during peak shifting. They can also support grid networks at a short notice, for any period of time or seasonally if required.
- Traditionally, mobile energy storage systems are designed with robust electric connections, at a single location, mounted on a container that includes a single grounding connection point and a connection typically provided for an external generator so as to support off-grid applications
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market
- Key drivers of the global market for mobile energy storage systems include increasing usage of smart grid services, aging electricity grid infrastructure, and increasing requirement for digitization of the power sector
- Moreover, developing economies need to offer reliable access to electricity in remote areas. The traditional centralized grids are not capable to provide cost-effective basic electricity supply to underserved areas in a reasonable amount of time. Remote and distributed power systems have potential to supply electricity across the world. Hence, deployment of more mobile energy storage systems is likely to boost the market in developing economies across the world during the forecast period.
- Growing concerns about emissions of CO2 and greenhouse gases across the world have shifted substantial investments toward the renewable energy generation. Mobile energy storage systems are largely used for storage of renewable energy. Thus, technological shift toward renewable electricity generation is estimated to promote growth of the global market for mobile energy storage systems during the forecast period.
- Rising awareness about energy conservation is also estimated to boost the global mobile energy storage systems market during the forecast period
Restraints of Global Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market
- Lack of awareness among developing economies about utility of mobile energy storage systems to reduce energy costs is a key restraint of the global market. Most companies are not fully aware of the costing structure as well as benefits of mobile energy storage systems.
- Financing for initial cost is another challenge, as vendors are unable to provide upfront costs and equity leasing firms are reluctant to enter the marketplace
Major Developments in Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market
- In February 2020, GreenChoice, a Netherlands-based renewable energy retailer, announced its partnership with a Germany-based engineering startup called Greener Engineering for transforming containerized energy storage systems into mobile power sources. As per the partnership, ten mobile systems with a total capacity of 3,360 kWh form the latest project. These systems would be charged by GreenChoice’s wind farms. These mobile batteries can be charged in 43 minutes and they can be ‘wheeled’ to customers that need a mobile or emergency power source.
- In July 2015, Northern Reliability Inc., a U.S.-based integrator of energy storage systems, was selected by Renewable NRG Systems (RNRG), a manufacturer and designer of decision support tools for the global renewable energy industry, for supply of mobile energy storage systems that deliver reliable power for remote sensing wind measurement devices.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market
- Based on region, the global mobile energy storage systems can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global mobile energy storage systems market between 2019 and 2027, due to rising investments and advancements in the renewable energy sector in the region, especially in developing economies such as China and India. An article published by the United Nations Environment Program on total renewable energy investments in 2018 states that China leads the global investment in renewable energy (US$ 91.2 Bn) and that investments in the country are anticipated to increase further, with a larger number of renewable energy projects planned during the forecast period.
- The mobile energy storage systems market in Europe is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, owing to use of a remarkable number of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and electric vehicles (EVs) in the region. The total investment in the renewable energy sector in the region was valued at US$ 61.2 Bn in 2018.
- North America is likely to hold a considerable share of the global mobile energy storage systems market from 2020 to 2030, owing to high electricity consumption, stringent federal policy directives and regulations concerning greenhouse gas emissions, rising energy costs, and increasing awareness about benefits of mobile energy storage systems in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market
Some of the major players operating in the global mobile energy storage systems market are:
- Power Edison
- Greener Engineering Inc.
- Renewable Energy Systems Ltd.
- LG Chem
- NEC Energy Solutions
- NRG Energy
- Amperex Technology
- Boston Power
- China Aviation Lithium Battery
- GE Energy Storage
Global Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market, by Product
- Lead–Acid Battery
- Li-ion Battery
- Sodium-based Battery
Global Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market, by Application
Global Mobile Energy Storage Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.