As can be gleaned from the name, ‘dry type’ transformers refer to air-cooled devices that lack liquids to cool the electrical coils. Fire-resistant dry type transformers are best suited to be installed in high-rise buildings, underground tunnels, steel factories, hospitals, school, chemical plants, and other places where fire safety is of paramount importance. Not causing any type of environmental deterioration, dry type transformers have proven to be highly reliable over the years.
The report segments the global dry type transformer market on the basis of product and geography. The report analysis provides a definitive perspective of trends, market drivers, and market restraints that will be prevalent in the global dry type transformer market during the forecast period. With a snapshot of the recent technological advancements in the industry, the report charts the technological growth map during the forecast period to comprehend the industry’s growth rate.
The market study analyzes the dry type transformer market from a competitive standpoint as well. The key participants in this market are mentioned and a detailed competitive profiling is provided for each of the players. The analysis given in the report helps in leveraging gainful opportunities for market participants, which will help change the traditional market dynamics.
Overview of Global Dry Type Transformer Market
Dry type transformers are characterized by lack of fire risk, light weight, less volume, and low installation and maintenance cost, which make these transformers advantageous over oil type transformers.
Worldwide, increasing manufacturing, industrial and natural resource exploration activities related with oil production, chemicals, and marine applications are some of the areas fueling the dry type transformer market.
However, low voltage and power ratings of these transformers, not being suitable for more than 2000KVA, limits the utilization of these devices. Thus, the growth of the dry type transformer market is impeded. Nevertheless, the flourishing oil and gas and chemicals sectors, which need a hazard-free operational environment, will offer ample opportunities to this market in the coming years.
sResin impregnated type and cast resin type are the two types of dry type transformers. Between the two, resin impregnated transformers have the advantage of not requiring replacement of the entire LV and HV winding of the electrical circuitry in the event of an accident; changing just the affected part of the winding suffices.
Some of the applications of dry type transformers are in the commercial sector, the industrial sector, the automobile industry, motor generators, and resistance heating.
Major Companies in Global Dry Type Transformer Market
The major companies that have a significant presence in the global dry type transformer market are Virginia Transformer Corp. and ABB Kotsons.
Global Dry Type Transformer Market, by Type
- Cast Resin
- Resin Impregnated
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.