Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market: Overview
- A substation wide area monitoring system is used to continuously monitor the conditions of the transmission system with the use of data acquired through phasor measurement technology
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market
- Surge in investments in smart grid project is likely to drive the global substation wide area monitoring market during the forecast period. Substation wide area monitoring facilitates early detection of disturbances and degradation in the grid and helps prevent outages, by installing phasor measurement units (PMUs) at strategic locations on the grid.
- Increase in investments in development of aging transmission and distribution infrastructure due to continuous increase in demand for electricity is also expected to propel the substation wide area monitoring market during the forecast period. For instance, as per the U.S. Energy Information Administration, utility distribution spending increased from US$ 31 billion in 1997 to US$ 51 billion in 2017, in the U.S.
- Rise in investments in renewable power generation is anticipated to boost the global substation wide area monitoring market during the forecast period, as these systems utilize real-time synchro phasor data to measure the state of grid that enables improvement in stability and reliability of power grid
- Technological innovations and advancements in the design of wide area monitoring systems to improve their operational efficiency are anticipated to propel the global substation wide area monitoring market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market report
Industrial Segment to Hold a Major Share of Global Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market
- The global substation market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- In terms of type, the global substation wide area monitoring market can be classified into phasor measurement units, phasor data concentrator, communication network, and PDC solutions. A phasor measurement unit (PMUs) is used in substation wide area monitoring to provide synchronized measurements.
- In terms of application, the global substation wide area monitoring market can be classified into transmission substation, distribution substation, collector substation, converter substations, and switching station.
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts to Boost Global Market
- In 2018, GE Power Grid Solutions announced to provide Wide Area Monitoring System (WAMS) solution to Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) for the northern grid in India
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market
- The global substation wide area monitoring market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global substation wide area monitoring market during the forecast period, due to an increase in investments in refurbishment and replacement of aging grid infrastructure. Technological innovations in design of substation wide area monitoring system to enhance their operational efficiency is also expected to drive the market in the region from 2020 to 2030.
- The substation wide area monitoring market in Europe is likely to expand at a rapid pace between 2020 and 2030. The market in the region is driven by a shift in focus toward adoption of renewable technologies for power generation. For instance, Germany has set a target to phase out all 17 of its nuclear power plants and shift to renewable energy by 2022.
- The substation wide area monitoring market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to a rise in the demand for electricity, majorly in developing nations such as China and India. Rapid industrialization & urbanization and strong economic growth are key factors that are expected to propel the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The substation wide area monitoring market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, due to increase in focus among utility operators to provide reliable and secure power supply to their customers in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market
Key Players Operating in Global Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market
Leading companies operating in the global substation wide area monitoring market include:
- KEPCO KDN
- Kalki Communication Technologies Private Limited
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Schneider Electric
- Electric Power Group
- SCOPE T&M
Global Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market: Research Scope
Global Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market, by Type
- Phasor Measurement Units
- Phasor Data Concentrator
- Communication Network
- PDC Solutions
Global Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market, by Application
- Transmission Substation,
- Distribution Substation
- Collector Substation
- Converter Substations
- Switching Station
Global Substation Wide Area Monitoring Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.