Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market: Introduction
- Stewart-Treves syndrome is very rare and a deadly condition. This disorder is characterized by the occurrence of cutaneous angiosarcoma, which grows in long-standing chronic lymphedema. At present, only about 400 cases have been reported cases of the Stewart-Treves syndrome. This syndrome is also called radical mastectomy. Its global incidence rate is between 0.03%–0.5%.
- The syndrome is observed in women who have grown lymphedema in upper extremity inferior to axillary lymph node dissection after the breast cancer surgery. It is exceptionally uncommon in lower extremities due to result of idiopathic chronic lymphedema. Diagnosis is very important for angiosarcoma due to chances of metastatic spread and poor prognosis. For instance, poor prognostic aspects include depth invasion (greater than 3 mm) and large tumor size. Usually, 25% to 45% of patients who are diagnosed with angiosarcoma already have distant metastasis, contributing to the belligerent nature of this neoplasm. These can affect numerous locations, such as breasts, skin, soft tissue, and liver. Currently, it occurs in 0.03% of patients surviving 11 or more years after radical mastectomy.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market
- Global Stewart-Treves syndrome treatment market is expected to grow rapidly in the near future due to increase in the adoption of unhealthy lifestyle, which leads to change in sleeping as well as eating habits
- Rise in demand for personalized medicines, as well as radiotherapy and mastectomy for breast cancer, which may lead to the Stewart-Treves syndrome, is expected to drive the global Stewart-Treves syndrome treatment market
- Treatment for Stewart-Treves syndrome is amputation of the affected part; for instance, limb or large resection of the part. Tumors, which have advanced locally or which have metastasized are usually treated with polychemotherapy or monotherapy. However, research findings suggest that radiation therapy and chemotherapy have not been observed to improve survival of the patient decently. In cases of upper limbs, amputation is preferred.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market
- Due to technological advancements and high adoption rate, North America dominates the global Stewart-Treves syndrome treatment market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is expected to be the most lucrative market for Stewart-Treves syndrome treatment in the near future due to developing medical infrastructure, medical tourism, rise in acceptance of technologically advanced surgical procedures, and increase in government initiatives.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global Stewart-Treves syndrome treatment market is highly consolidated with major manufacturers adopting various research strategies to gain market share. Only a few companies have their presence in the market, while others have their products in the pipeline.
Some of the key players operating in the global Stewart-Treves syndrome treatment market are:
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Pfizer, Inc.
- EISAI Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd
Global Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market, by treatment
- General Surgery
- Radioactive Iodine (RAI)
Global Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Stewart-Treves Syndrome Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.