Silk Gel Market Outlook
Silk gel is popular among dairy manufacturers as it finds wide application in ice creams and sorbets. The silk gel has a very appealing role in the formation of the final product. When a small amount of silk gel is added to the traditional base, it allows production of smooth, silky, soft ice cream or sorbent that is smooth to the human taste and mouthfeel. Thus it is widely used as an emulsifier and texture improver in many products, such as baked goods, upon addition of small quantity it improves the texture of the dough, bread, and sponge. Silk gel is widely used globally and used by the bakery processors, dairy processors as well as the cosmetics and personal care manufacturers.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Silk Gel is a texture improver and an emulsifier which enhances the overall appeal of the final product providing a silky texture in some cases and while on the other it improves the quality of the mixtures/ dough as in the case of the baked products. In the personal care products it facilitates skin massage and results in improved skin properties such as skin tightening and as a mild exfoliate. Wide usage in the food innovations majorly in the dairy industry owing to changing demographics of rising millennial population, is expected to grow the market demand for silk gel as an ingredient in dairy and baked products globally.
Global Silk Gel: Market Segmentation
On the basis of the end use, the Global Silk Gel market has been segmented as –
- Food Processing
- Dairy products
- Bakery products
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
On the basis of packaging type, the Global Silk Gel market has been segmented as –
- Jars/ Containers
On the basis of the distribution channel, the Global Silk Gel market has been segmented as –
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
- Hypermarket/ Supermarket
- Convenience Store
- Online Retail
Global Silk Gel Market: Key Players
Some of the key players manufacturing end products containing Silk Gel are Palsgaard, Ashland, ALZXO International Inc., Lubrizol, TRI-K Industries, Inc., Rahn AG, Special ingredients Limited, John E. Koerner Company, NeoAsia (S) Pte Ltd. are some of the companies among others.
Extraction techniques to produce the Silk Gel naturally and quality certifications provided and practiced by the manufacturers are the key opportunities carried out to create awareness and reach to customers globally.
Silk Gel Market: Market Player Activities
- Palsgaard, a Danish-based company, is focused on expanding its business activities in Brazil, by acquiring the majority of the shares of Brazilian food ingredients company Candon Aditivos para Alimentos. This likely to strengthen the network in South America and also expand its product portfolio.
Opportunities for Market Participants
For food processing and personal care industry, Silk Gel finds wide application. It is a majorly used in dairy products, cosmetics, and personal care industry. The Silk Gel market is anticipated to be positively influenced by evolving consumer preferences for an improved texture of food products, innovations in the food industry and awareness of its soothing properties for the skin.
Silk Gel Market: Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the origin, source and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our Silk Gel Market report include:
- An overview of the Silk Gel market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Silk Gel market and its potential
- Silk Gel Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Silk Gel market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Silk Gel market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Silk Gel market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this Silk Gel market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.