Increase in Incidence of Spinal Stenosis to Drive Global Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market
- Lumbar stenosis is a neurologically symptomatic disease, which arises as a result of contraction of nerve roots and cauda equina nerve bundle. Contraction of the lumbar canal of the spine from which the bundle of the spinal nerve passes, causes degeneration, which occurs with aging.
- Specific reasons related to contraction and compression are spondylolisthesis, thickening of a vertebral arch, degenerative bulging of an intervertebral disk, and yellowing of a ligament or an apophyseal joint. All these factors cause spinal canal compression, which results in narrowing of spinal nerves within the lumbar spinal canal and causes neurological symptoms.
- Main symptoms are intermittent claudication and sciatica treatment of which is based on the severity of the stenosis. They vary from conservative treatment in hospitals for pain and recovery to surgical treatment. Lumbar stenosis is mainly treated in the elderly.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market
- Rise in Prevalence of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis
- Major factor driving the global lumbar stenosis treatment market is the rise in epidemiology of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Osteoporosis is an alarming health issue, especially in elderly population. The disease is associated with weakening of spinal bones and joints. It is responsible for around 8.6 million fractures annually worldwide, and is more prevalent in women. According to an estimate by the International Osteoporosis Foundation, 75 million people are diagnosed with osteoporosis in Europe, the U.S., and Japan.
- Osteoarthritis is one of the 10 most disabling diseases in developed countries. Approximately 25% of individuals suffering from arthritis have difficulty in performing everyday activities. According to the statistics published by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 50 million people in the Unites States are diagnosed with arthritis. Several of these individuals have activity limitation.
- Rise in prevalence of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis is expected to boost the global lumbar stenosis treatment market
Surgery Type Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on treatment, the global lumbar stenosis treatment market can be segmented into drug class and surgery type. The drug class segment can be sub-categorized into corticosteroids, analgesics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and others.
- The surgery type segment can be sub-divided into laminectomy, discectomy, foraminotomy, facetectomy, and minimally invasive surgery
- The surgery type segment is expected to dominate the global lumbar stenosis treatment market between 2019 and 2027
North America to Lead Global Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global lumbar stenosis treatment market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global lumbar stenosis treatment market. Thus, the region is likely to lead the global market during the forecast period due to presence of significant patient population suffering from lumbar stenosis in the region.
- According to the CDC, currently, approximately 250,000 to 500,000 people in the U.S. have spinal stenosis symptoms. This represents that approximately one person in 1,000 people over 65 years of age and approximately five per 1,000 people under 50 years of age have these symptoms.
- Approximately, 70 million individuals in the U.S. are over 50 years of age, and this figure is expected to rise by 18 million over the next decade, indicating an increase in spinal stenosis prevalence
- Lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) appears to be the leading preoperative condition for adults over the age of 65 undergoing spine surgery
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that the incidence rate of lateral nerve trapping is between 8% and 11%. Some findings include lateral recess stenosis as the pain source of 60% of patients with failed surgical syndrome symptomatology.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global lumbar stenosis treatment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global lumbar stenosis treatment market are:
- Alphatec Spine, Inc.
- DePuy Synthes
- Zimmer Biomet
- NuVasive, Inc.
- Orthofix Holdings, Inc.
- Globus Medical Inc.
- Vertiflex Inc.
Global Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Drug Class
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Surgery Type
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
Global Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Orthopedic Clinics
Global Lumbar Stenosis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.