Insider Threat Detection and Management – Introduction
- Insider threat is a risk that arises from a person within an organization who has access to all the organizational sensitive data and equipment.
- Insider threats are familiar with inside data operations of an organization, which makes it easy for the insider to enter the security controls of an organizational network to operate the data as per their need.
- Insider threats are hard to handle than outsider threats, as they have the access to an organization’s information. This causes more damage than an outsider threat.
- The insider threat detection and management process plays a vital role in an organization’s data security process, as it secures the loss of sensitive data via all the exit points such as USB devices, Outlook, Skype, and Microsoft Teams.
Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market: Dynamics
Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market: Key Drivers
- Implementation of data security systems in companies and in the government sector to protect data privacy is expected to create demand for insider threat detection and management during the forecast period.
- Increasing digitization creates the risk of cyber-attacks, which affects crucial company data and information. Insider threat detection and management is used to protect companies from these disruptions.
- The need for insider threat detection and management is attributed to increase in awareness about information security in order to prevent cybercrimes and inside and outside hacking activities.
- The lack of security and detection of advanced threats are the factors that restrain the growth of the insider threat detection and management market.
- High cost of adoption in SMEs also restrains the growth of the market.
- Demand for insider threat detection and management in emerging cyber security companies is increasing constantly.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market
- Most countries across the globe are facing lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which results in economic slowdown. This results in many enterprises adopting the work-from-home model temporarily during the pandemic.
- Companies are unable to detect insider threats because of the sudden shift of workplaces, employees, and contractors. This may cause misuse of personal devices and data.
- Hence, the work from home model has increased the demand for insider threat detection and management solutions during the pandemic situation.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market
- In terms of region, the global insider threat detection and management market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is projected to be the largest market for insider threat detection and management due to increase in digitalization in all industrial sectors.
- Penetration of digital technologies in the corporate and government sector in Asia-Pacific drives the growth of the insider threat detection and management market in the APAC region.
- Adoption of insider threat detection and management is rising due to increasing number of data breach cases in companies in Europe.
- Rising demand for cyber-security solutions in Middle East & Africa propels the growth of the insider threat detection and management market.
Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market: Competition Landscape
- Several participants in the insider threat detection and management market have strong presence in the market with rapid technological advancements.
- Ekran System is the key player in the insider threat detection and management market that delivers management services such as monitoring, recording, and auditing critical configurations and insider threats within an organization
Key Players Operating in the Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market Include:
- Code42 Software, Inc.
- CyberArk Software Ltd.
- Cyberhaven, Inc.
- Dell Technologies
- Digital Guardian, Inc.
- Ekran System
- Fortinet, Inc.
- FireEye, Inc.
- Forcepoint™ LLC
- Inside Out Security Pty Ltd.
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Netwrix Corporation
- Raz-Lee Security, Inc.
- Sophos Ltd.
- Teramind Inc.
- Veriato Inc.
Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market: Research Scope
Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market, by Component
- Insider threat protection solution
- Professional services
- Managed services
Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market, by Application
- IT & Telecommunications
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Aerospace & Defence
Global Insider Threat Detection and Management Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.