Hybrid Turbocharger for Marine Engines
- Marine turbochargers are add-on mechanical equipment used to facilitate better combustion in marine engines. Turbochargers in marine engines tend to contribute more than 75% of the power of the engine.
- Marine hybrid turbocharger helps eliminate harmful emissions from the ship. It also helps lower fuel consumption and operating costs.
- Marine hybrid turbocharger consists of a two-part shell made from cast steel that is fitted to the blower side scroll, which is built up with higher rigidity, in order to support alternator within the turbocharger silencer
- Marine hybrid turbocharger requires a conventional turbocharger with extended shaft to accommodate alternator at the blower end. A cooling system is also required for the alternator, as it is compact in size and the rate of heat generation is high.
- The working of a hybrid turbocharger for marine engines is similar to that of a generator. The only difference is the prime mover, which is a turbocharger in itself.
- Hybrid turbocharger in marine engines helps reduce emission, saves fuel, and can generate enough power from the main engine operation
Key Drivers of Global Hybrid Turbocharger for Marine Engines Market
- Demand for hybrid turbocharger for marine engines has been increasing owing to the rise in automation, increase in tourism activities, and growth in per capita income. Furthermore, steady rise in seaborne trade and recreational activities around the globe is anticipated to propel the demand for hybrid turbocharger in marine engines.
- Implementation of strict emission norms in the maritime sector to reduce carbon emission is also likely to boost the demand for hybrid turbocharger in marine engines
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Hybrid Turbocharger for Marine Engines Market
- Based on region, the global hybrid turbocharger for marine engines market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global hybrid turbocharger for marine engines market in 2019. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the projected period. This can be ascribed to enactment of stringent regulations on emission levels by the governing bodies in the region. Companies in Europe are investing in the renewables sector to reduce carbon emissions. Demand for yachts and cruiser powerboats is also high in the region. This, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for hybrid turbocharger for marine engines.
- North America held vital share of the market in 2019 owing to the large fleet size and increase in seaborne trade in the region. Growth in tourism and recreational activities is estimated to boost the demand for hybrid turbocharger for marine engines during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific held moderate share of the global hybrid turbocharger for marine engines market in 2019. The market in the region is expected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. Furthermore, the sea tourism industry in Asia Pacific is developing at a rapid pace.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America held low share of the hybrid turbocharger for marine engines market in 2019. The market in these regions is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Key Player in Market
- Currently, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. is the only company operating in the global hybrid turbocharger for marine engines market
Global Hybrid Turbocharger for Marine Engines Market: Research Scope
Global Hybrid Turbocharger for Marine Engines Market, by Engine Layout
- Single Turbo
- Twin Turbo
- Variable Geometry Turbo
Global Hybrid Turbocharger for Marine Engines Market, by Application
- Cargo Ships
- High Speed Boats
- Naval Ships
Global Hybrid Turbocharger for Marine Engines Market, by Operation
Global Hybrid Turbocharger for Marine Engines Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!