High Purity Hydrogen Market: Introduction
- Hydrogen is produced by natural gas steam reforming or electrolysis of water. It offers various qualities. For instance, it is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Hydrogen is lighter than air and burns with an invisible and clean flame. It is the only fuel gas that does not contain any carbon atoms.
- Hydrogen has the highest thermal conductivity of all gases. When hydrogen is combined with oxygen, the flame reaches a temperature of 2834°C. Therefore, it is used extensively in metalworking and steel industries.
- When mixed together, hydrogen and argon create a range of argon/hydrogen shielding gases for tungsten inert gas and plasma welding. These shielding gases are primarily employed to weld stainless steels and nickel alloys. Led by these properties, hydrogen is used in stainless steel and aluminum industries.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the High Purity Hydrogen Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of High Purity Hydrogen Market
- Rapid globalization and industrialization is one of the key drivers of the high purity hydrogen market. Demand for metalworking has been increasing significantly in various industries across the world. This is expected to drive the high purity hydrogen market.
- Rise in demand for high purity hydrogen in the chemical industry is a prominent factor boosting the high purity hydrogen market. More than two-thirds of the global hydrogen production is used in the chemical industry, primarily for the synthesis of ammonia and methanol.
- Rise in demand for high purity hydrogen in food & beverages and electronic industries is another factor propelling the high purity hydrogen market. Hydrogen can be used in high purity standards of food & beverages and electronics industries, as hydrogen purities of 99.99% and above can be achieved.
- High production cost is a major factor restraining the high purity hydrogen market. Hydrogen is expensive to produce in sufficient quantities through the current technology. A few inexpensive methods are available for extraction of hydrogen. However, these are expected to require high amount of energy.
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market Segmentation
- The global high purity hydrogen market can be segmented based on type and end-user
- In terms of type, the high purity hydrogen market can be segmented into below 99.9% and above 99.9%. Demand for above 99.9% is high in chemical and electronics industries; hence, these segments are estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the high purity hydrogen market can be divided into chemicals, refinery, metalworking, food & beverages, automobile, aerospace, and others. The chemicals segment dominated the high purity hydrogen market with high CAGR. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global high purity hydrogen market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global high purity hydrogen market in 2018. The market in the region is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, as demand for hydrogen is high in chemical and electronics industries in countries such as China and Japan.
- North America is projected to account for important share of the high purity hydrogen market in the near future. The U.S. is estimated to lead the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period. Germany and France are likely to lead the high purity hydrogen market in Europe during the forecast period.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of High Purity Hydrogen Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
- In February 2019, Linde signed a contract with Praxair Inc., a U.S.-based industrial gas company, to supply high purity hydrogen to the latter’s plant. The new plant is anticipated be a part of Praxair's hydrogen system in Louisiana, the U.S. The plant has production capacity of more than 190,000 Nm3/h of high purity hydrogen per annum.
- In September 2018, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. announced plans to build a new liquid hydrogen plant at its Texas industrial gas facility. The plant is estimated to help the company meet the increase in demand from customers. The plant is projected to produce approximately 30 tons of liquid hydrogen per day, and would draw its hydrogen to be liquefied from Air Products’ existing Gulf Coast hydrogen pipeline system network.
Key Players Operating in High Purity Hydrogen Market:
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.
- Air Liquide
- Praxair Technology, Inc.
- TAIYO NIPPON SANSO CORPORATION
- AIR WATER INC
- Messer Group
- Yingde Gas Group Co., Ltd.
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market: Research Scope
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market, by Type
- Below 99.9%
- Above 99.9%
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market, by End-user
- Food & Beverages
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.