High Purity Hydrogen Market: Introduction
- Hydrogen is produced by natural gas steam reforming or electrolysis of water. It offers various qualities. For instance, it is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Hydrogen is lighter than air and burns with an invisible and clean flame. It is the only fuel gas that does not contain any carbon atoms.
- Hydrogen has the highest thermal conductivity of all gases. When hydrogen is combined with oxygen, the flame reaches a temperature of 2834°C. Therefore, it is used extensively in metalworking and steel industries.
- When mixed together, hydrogen and argon create a range of argon/hydrogen shielding gases for tungsten inert gas and plasma welding. These shielding gases are primarily employed to weld stainless steels and nickel alloys. Led by these properties, hydrogen is used in stainless steel and aluminum industries.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the High Purity Hydrogen Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of High Purity Hydrogen Market
- Rapid globalization and industrialization is one of the key drivers of the high purity hydrogen market. Demand for metalworking has been increasing significantly in various industries across the world. This is expected to drive the high purity hydrogen market.
- Rise in demand for high purity hydrogen in the chemical industry is a prominent factor boosting the high purity hydrogen market. More than two-thirds of the global hydrogen production is used in the chemical industry, primarily for the synthesis of ammonia and methanol.
- Rise in demand for high purity hydrogen in food & beverages and electronic industries is another factor propelling the high purity hydrogen market. Hydrogen can be used in high purity standards of food & beverages and electronics industries, as hydrogen purities of 99.99% and above can be achieved.
- High production cost is a major factor restraining the high purity hydrogen market. Hydrogen is expensive to produce in sufficient quantities through the current technology. A few inexpensive methods are available for extraction of hydrogen. However, these are expected to require high amount of energy.
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market Segmentation
- The global high purity hydrogen market can be segmented based on type and end-user
- In terms of type, the high purity hydrogen market can be segmented into below 99.9% and above 99.9%. Demand for above 99.9% is high in chemical and electronics industries; hence, these segments are estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the high purity hydrogen market can be divided into chemicals, refinery, metalworking, food & beverages, automobile, aerospace, and others. The chemicals segment dominated the high purity hydrogen market with high CAGR. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global high purity hydrogen market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global high purity hydrogen market in 2018. The market in the region is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, as demand for hydrogen is high in chemical and electronics industries in countries such as China and Japan.
- North America is projected to account for important share of the high purity hydrogen market in the near future. The U.S. is estimated to lead the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period. Germany and France are likely to lead the high purity hydrogen market in Europe during the forecast period.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of High Purity Hydrogen Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
- In February 2019, Linde signed a contract with Praxair Inc., a U.S.-based industrial gas company, to supply high purity hydrogen to the latter’s plant. The new plant is anticipated be a part of Praxair's hydrogen system in Louisiana, the U.S. The plant has production capacity of more than 190,000 Nm3/h of high purity hydrogen per annum.
- In September 2018, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. announced plans to build a new liquid hydrogen plant at its Texas industrial gas facility. The plant is estimated to help the company meet the increase in demand from customers. The plant is projected to produce approximately 30 tons of liquid hydrogen per day, and would draw its hydrogen to be liquefied from Air Products’ existing Gulf Coast hydrogen pipeline system network.
Key Players Operating in Market:
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.
- Air Liquide
- Praxair Technology, Inc.
- TAIYO NIPPON SANSO CORPORATION
- AIR WATER INC
- Messer Group
- Yingde Gas Group Co., Ltd.
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market: Research Scope
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market, by Type
- Below 99.9%
- Above 99.9%
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market, by End-user
- Food & Beverages
Global High Purity Hydrogen Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.