Welding Products Market
Welding Products Market (Consumables: Stick Electrodes, Solid Wires, Flux-cored Wires, SAW Wires & Fluxes, and Gases; Technology: Arc Welding, Resistance Welding, Oxy-fuel Welding, Laser Beam Welding, and Ultrasound Welding; and Application: Automobile & Transportation, Building & Construction, Marine, and Repair & Maintenance) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Welding Products Market: Overview
- Rapid growth in the building & construction industry is anticipated to boost the global welding products market. Welding products are widely used in construction of bridges, pipelines, and buildings. Demand for welded steel is high, especially in the residential segment. This is propelling the welding products market. Additionally, new construction and infrastructure developments in Asia Pacific and the Middle East are likely to boost the global welding products market.
- Technological advancements and innovation in welding processes have been occurring in the welding products market since the last few years. Arc welding accounted for a substantial share of the global welding products market in 2018. The versatility of arc welding technique plays an important role in adoption of this technology. Other emerging technologies are primarily used in application areas, where precision welding is a prime factor. These include robotic welding, laser welding, and stud welding.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Welding Products Market
- Metals used in the automobile industry are joined through different methods. These include temporary methods such as bolts, screws, and rivets; and permanent methods such as welding. Welding technologies such as arc welding, laser beam welding, resistant welding, and hybrid welding are primarily employed in the automobile industry. Changes in automobile designs and rise in demand for automobiles, especially in developing countries, are likely to drive the global welding products market. Additionally, repair and maintenance of automobiles is projected to add to the global demand for welding products. Hence, the welding products market is estimated to expand considerably during the forecast period.
- Welding manufacturers offer a wide range of consumables and welding equipment designed specifically for the oil & gas industry. Submerged arc welding (SAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), tungsten inert gas welding (TIG) and gas metal arc welding (GMAW) are the commonly used welding methods for welding operations in the industry.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Rehabilitation of existing oil infrastructure; and construction of new pipelines and gas manufacturing facilities are expected to increase due to the rise in demand for oil and gas across the globe. Thus, rise in demand for welding products in the oil & gas industry is likely to augment the welding products market.
Major Challenges for Welding Products Market
- High cost of labor, especially in developed countries, has been a major concern among the manufacturing industries. Increase in cost of labor has been escalating the cost of production, thereby adversely affecting manufacturers.
- Introduction of robotic or automated welding machines is anticipated to overcome this challenge in the global welding products market in the near future
High Use of Stick Electrodes Consumables in Welding Processes
- Welding consumables account for larger share of the global welding products market. Electrodes and filler metals are the key consumables used in different welding processes. Molten melt tends to spill out during the process of out-of-position welding. Electrode helps avoid the spill through fast freezing deposit. Stick electrodes are commonly used in the shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) process.
- Stick electrodes has strong demand from Asia Pacific region owing to large heavy industries in the region. However, stick electrodes face competition from flux-cored wires and solid wires, which are cost efficient in nature. Hence, stick electrodes is likely to decline its market share at the end of the forecast year.
Upcoming Welding Technologies in Welding Products Market
- Resistant welding, oxy-fuel welding, and laser beam welding are projected to be most attractive segments if the global welding products market. Oxy-fuel welding includes any welding operation that uses combustion with oxygen as a heating medium. It is a versatile and affordable welding technique. Oxy-fuel welding is ideally suited for repair welding and welding thin sheets, tubes, and small diameter pipes.
- Resistant welding is an economical welding technique. It does not require a filler material and is ideal for joining vehicle body parts, fuel tanks, domestic radiators, pipes of gas, oil and water pipelines, wire ends, turbine blades, and railway tracks.
- Other techniques such as ultrasound welding can be used to join all rigid thermoplastics, synthetic fabrics, and films. Ultrasound welding is cost-effective and green technology-based welding technique. Demand for this welding technology is likely to increase during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Welding Products Market
- Asia Pacific held a major share of the global welding products market in 2018. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Asia Pacific constituted more than 40% share in 2018. High investments in end-user industries such as automobile and building & construction are anticipated to boost the welding products market in the region.
- China, Japan, and India were key contributors to the welding products market in Asia Pacific in 2018
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Welding Products Market , ask for a customized report
Leading Players Engage in New Product Launch in Welding Products Market
- The global welding products market is moderately fragmented. Large players accounted for nearly 35% share of the global welding products market in 2018. Key companies operating in the welding products market include
- Lincoln Electric
- ESAB, ITW
- Panasonic Welding India (PWI)
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies Inc.
- Sonics & Materials Inc.
- Fronius International GmbH
- Daihen Corp
- Voestalpine AG
- Arcon Welding
- OBARA Corp.
- Of late, Lincoln Electric has launched several new welding products. In 2019, the company offered new stainless steel flux-cored, gas-shielded wires that are widely used for austenitic grades for flat and all-positional applications. It also launched a product line of premium arc gouging carbon electrodes. These premium arc gouging carbon electrodes are ideal for a variety of fabrication applications including the removal of defective welds, preparing joints for welding, severing, pad washing, and beveling.
- In 2019, Lincoln Electric introduced POWER MIG 360MP welder, which has advanced features ideal for metal fabrication, maintenance and repair, and auto body and light industrial applications. The company offers an inverter-based arc welding power source for AC/DC TIG and stick welding.
- In 2019, AMI, an ESAB brand, collaborated with Wolfram Industrie to offer an exclusive line of tungsten electrodes for orbital TIG welding
Welding Products Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the global welding products market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global welding products market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global welding products market enclosed in the study. The report on the global welding products market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancements made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global welding products market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much revenue is expected to be generated in the global welding products market by the end of the forecast period?
- Which consumables segment is likely to generate the maximum revenue by 2027 in global welding products market?
- Which application segment of the global welding products market is projected to expand at a high rate by 2027?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global welding products market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global welding products market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global welding products market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global welding products market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global welding products market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on welding products that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global welding products market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global welding products market based on consumables, technology, application, and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global welding products market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, country-wise, and segment-wise analysis pertaining to individual regions helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the welding products report.
The study on the global welding products market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global welding products market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
The TMR’s report on the global welding products market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global welding products market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global welding products market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global welding products market. Readers can access the study of the global welding products market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Welding Products Market: Segmentation
SAW Wires & Fluxes
Laser Beam Welding
Automobile & Transportation
Building & Construction
Repair & Maintenance
Middle East & Africa