Robotic Welding: Introduction
- Robot welding is the use of mechanized programmable tools (robots), which completely automate a welding process by both performing the weld and handling the part.
- Robot welding is commonly used for resistance spot welding and arc welding in high production applications, such as the automotive industry.
- Robotic welding is being increasingly used to improve welding efficiency, to compensate for the lack of skilled workers and to stabilize the quality. Robotic welding provides higher efficiency, faster welding, lower spatter and lower cost.
- Technical innovations in robotic welding have facilitated conventional manual welding processes in severe working conditions where enormous heat and fumes are to be replaced. Moreover robotic welding has greater capability to control robot motion, welding parameters and have the capability for enhanced wrong detection and wrong correction.
- Robotic welding system mainly consists of a robot, welding equipment, controller, a work clamping devices and motion devices to grasp work pieces precisely in position, robot motion equipment’s to move round the robot and good weld orientations, sensors, and safety equipment’s.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Robotic Welding Market
- The global automotive industry is considered as one of the key drivers for robotic welding market over the forecast period, robotic welding is key in producing new, advanced, and high quality cars. Robots used in the auto industry can complete not just one task but a variety of tasks such as painting, welding, finishing, and many more. Some of the top robot models used by automotive manufacturers include the Motoman UP130, UP6, and UP20.
- In Aerospace industry most of the tasks require precision and rigidity on big parts, these are now executed by industrial robots. In addition, aircraft programs last from 10 to 30 years thus the payback on a simple welding task can be very critical & beneficial for aircraft manufacturers, with rapid growing aerospace industry the global need for robotic welding witness a great scope over the forecast period for new entrants.
- Moreover, Numerous safety risks exist for welders such as electric shock, exposure to gases and toxic fumes, and welder’s flash burns to the eyes cornea. Robotic welders have proven themselves in reducing the number of accidents to workers in the metal fabrication industry with the less number of injuries.
- Advanced robotic welding have a decade long history in electronics and electrical components industries. Like any manufacturer, those in the electronics industry do what they can to adapt to the ever-changing technology in their field. That means automating many of their applications such as welding. By using robotic welding electronic manufacturers are able to improve their testing processes for their electrical components, including equipment tests, and add capacity for the product line to meet the demand of the consumers.
- ABB has added the TIP TIG process to its platform of robotic welding technologies. Developed by TIP TIG International AG, the process is a variation of gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW). Instead of supplying the filler wire into the weld pool at a continuous rate, the feeder agitates the wire back and forth. Electrical current, supplied by a secondary power source, is also applied to the filler wire. Coventionally, GTAW is extremely slow, but with robotic TIP TIG, you can approach gas metal arc welding (GMAW) speeds.
- On October 2019, Vectis Automation has teamed up with Universal Robots to create the Vectis Cobot Welding Tool, aimed to help manufacturers boost productivity by reducing the learning curve, deployment time, risk, and cost of robotic welding. The tool is powered by an UR10e cobot, and is also available as a low-risk, rent-to-own option. These two companies have planned to show off the tool at the upcoming FABTECH show in Chicago, on November 11.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Robotic Welding Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Market:
Some of the major key players operating in the robotic welding market are
- Kuka AG
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries ltd.
- FANUC Corporation
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Carl Cloos Schweisstechnik GmbH
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Comau S.P.A
- IGM Robotic Systems
- Nachi-Fujikoshi Corp
- Daihen Corporation
Global Robotic Welding Market, by type
- Spot welding
- Arc Welding
Global Robotic Welding Market, by end user
- Automotive & Transportation
- Aerospace and Defense
- Metals & Machinery
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Robotic Welding Market, by Payload
- <50 kg
- 50-150 kg
Global Robotic Welding Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.