Sodium Sulfate Market
Sodium Sulfate Market (Form: Salt Cake, Glauber’s Salt, and Niter Cake; Type: Solution and Powder; and Application: Pharmaceutical, Textile, Chemical, Paper, Detergents, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Chemicals & Materials
- 270 Pages
Sodium Sulfate Trending for Its Uses in Detergent, Glass Production
Sodium sulfate is a white crystalline solid or powder used as a raw material for the production of various products such as Kraft paper, paperboard, glass, detergents, and chemicals. Sodium sulfate is mostly found in nature either collected from sediments of the sodium sulfate minerals including Mirabilite and Thenardite or can be produced artificially by the processing of sodium chloride with sulfuric acid. When hydrated, it can be used by photographers to fix developed negatives and prints, which is contributing to the growth of the sodium sulfate market across the world.
Sodium sulfate is used mostly in the application of detergents, and has been trending in the production of glass, pulping, and textile applications. The use of sodium sulfate in detergents shows rising demand for the global market and was accounted for around 40% of the global detergent market in 2020. Sodium sulfate allows the detergent powder to flow freely and helps in reducing the cost of detergent powder. Moreover, sodium sulfate is utilized as a finning agent in the production of glass, as it supports refrain bubble formation by picking up the scums. The growing demand for detergents and glass across the world anticipates the growth of the global sodium sulfate market during the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Rising Demand for Glass, Constructional Projects Drives Sodium Sulfate Market
The applications of sodium sulfate have expanded toward the energy industry. The solar thermal power plants concentrate incoming light with reflectors to store energy in the form of heat and as sodium sulfate takes a high amount of energy to change from solid to liquid form. With rise in the use of sodium sulfate across several industries, the sodium sulfate market is expected to witness rapid growth in the near future.
The growing need for glass in construction plans, and various infrastructural projects in developed and developing countries are fueling the demand for the sodium sulfate market during the forecast period. Moreover, rise in construction activities with glasses required in modern and smart buildings is fueling the growth of the sodium sulfate market globally. However, one of the major challenges for manufacturers and distributors of sodium sulfate is the convincing capability in developed countries. The demand for artificial sodium sulfate involves high R&D costs and thorough research to generate new products.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Processing of Sodium Sulfate Advantageous in Various Industrial Applications
One of the major products of sodium sulfate is obtained during the hydrochloric acid production. The salt cake, which is mainly used in the sulfate process for wood pulp and in the making of glass and chemicals, is obtained through sodium chloride (salt) and sulfuric acid in the Mannheim process, or from sulfur dioxide in the Hargreaves process. The salt cake form is anticipated to hold a major share of the global sodium sulfate market during the forecast period.
Glauber’s salt, also known as mirabilite, is the decahydrate form of sodium sulfate. The Glauber’s salt form segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period, owing to its laxative properties in various medications. It has also been found effective in removing excess drugs in the body when overdosed. Moreover, as Glauber's salt produces a comparatively high heat storage capacity, it is remarkably valuable to store low-grade solar heat when it is shifting from solid phase to liquid phase. This composite can also be used during the chill mats manufacturing for laptop computers.
China Dominates Regional Market, Vital to Fulfil Global Demand
The global sodium sulfate market is expected to cross US$ 2.6 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the various uses of sodium sulfate as a basic raw material used in detergent, paper, glass, textile, and chemical industries, and used in all types of detergents as a filling material. Moreover, sodium sulfate is frequently being used for small-scale purposes such as an inert drying agent for the removal of traces of water from organic solutions. With the economic growth of nations and demand for less expensive laxatives and dying agents, the global sodium sulfate market is expected to further grow in the near future.
China, being the world's largest market for sodium sulfate, holds the largest reserves of mirabilite or Glauber's salt and is expanding its capacity to meet the global demand. With low production costs, China is a major supplier of sodium sulfate. Due to these factors, the sodium sulfate market in the Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Moreover, the demand for products such as soaps, detergents, paper, and glass is increasing due to the booming population in the region, helping to boost the demand for the sodium sulfate market. Moreover, other APAC countries including India and Vietnam are expected to significantly contribute to the growth of the sodium sulfate market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Sodium Sulfate Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Sodium sulfate is the sodium salt of sulfuric acid significantly utilized in the textiles, construction, automotive, and surfactants industries in major emerging countries such as India, China, Bangladesh, and Vietnam. An essential driving agent of the sodium sulfate market is the rise in construction projects, expanding to cater to the rapidly growing population and supporting economic growth. Moreover, there is a surging demand for glass, principally for modern constructions using glass in their exteriors, as it provides a luxurious and modern look to the buildings. Sodium sulfate is employed in the glass industry as a fining factor in the high-tonnage glass technology to assist in eliminating small air bubbles from molten glass. These factors are contributing to the growth of the global sodium sulfate market during the forecast period.
Sodium Sulfate Market: Overview
- Sodium sulfate is an inorganic compound with formula Na₂SO₄ as well as several related hydrates. All forms are white solids that are highly soluble in water. Sodium sulfate has unusual solubility characteristics in water. Its solubility in water rises more than tenfold between 0°C and 32.384°C, where it reaches a maximum of 49.7 g/100 ml. About one third of the world's sodium sulfate is produced as byproduct of other processes in the chemical industry. Most of the production is chemically inherent to the primary process and only marginally economical. Therefore, production of sodium sulfate as byproduct has been declining.
- Major applications of sodium sulfate include pharmaceutical, textile, chemical, paper, detergents, and others. It is largely used as filler in powdered home laundry detergents, accounting for approximately 50% of the global production. This use is waning, as domestic consumers are increasingly switching to compact or liquid detergents that do not include sodium sulfate.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global sodium sulfate market for the historical year 2020 and the forecast period of 2021 to 2031, rise in usage of sodium sulfate in detergents is a key factor that is expected to boost the global sodium sulfate market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global sodium sulfate market is estimated to cross US$ 2.6 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Rise in Usage of Sodium Sulfate in Detergents Application: Key Driver
- Sodium sulfate is used in glass manufacturing as a finning agent, which helps in removing small air bubbles from molten glass. The sodium sulfate market is expected to expand during the forecast period due to growth in consumer preference for artificial façades. Growth of the construction industry is fueling the demand for glass, particularly in modern buildings, where it is largely used in exteriors, instead of the conventional bricks and cement.
- Sodium sulfate is increasingly being used in small-scale applications. In laboratories, anhydrous sodium sulfate is widely used as an inert drying agent for the removal of traces of water from organic solutions. It is more efficient, but slower acting than a similar agent: magnesium sulfate. It is only effective below about 30°C, but it can be used with a variety of materials, since it is chemically inert.
Increase in Demand for Salt Cake Sodium Sulfate in End-use Industries
- The salt cake form is expected to hold major share of the global sodium sulfate market during the forecast period. The most important chemical sodium sulfate production is during hydrochloric acid production, either from sodium chloride (salt) and sulfuric acid, in the Mannheim process or from sulfur dioxide in the Hargreaves process.
- The Glauber’s salt form segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of& 4.3% during the forecast period. Decahydrate sodium sulfate, known as the Glauber's salt, widely used in the chemical industry. It is also known as mineral mirabilite. Glauber's salt is used as a raw material in the industrial production of soda ash (sodium carbonate) by reaction with potash (potassium carbonate).
Growth in Application of Sodium Sulfate in Adhesives, Sealants
- The detergents application segment accounted for major share of the global sodium sulfate market in 2020. This can be primarily ascribed to its properties, which enable detergent powder to flow freely. Sodium sulfate is used as a filler in detergent powder that enables adjustment of the concentration of the active matter in powder, as required.
- The chemical application segment is projected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period, owing to the increase in usage of salt as a raw material in the manufacture of various products, including soaps & detergents and glass; as well as in the Kraft process for paper pulping
Sodium Sulfate Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of sodium sulfate have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global sodium sulfate market are
- ECOBAT Technologies Ltd
- Godavari Biorefineries Ltd
- The Aditya Birla Group
- Borden & Remington Corp
- JSC Kuchuksulfate
- S.A.U. SULQUISA
- Alkim Alkali Kimya
- Lenzing AG
- Hunan Xiangheng Salt Chemical Co. Ltd
- MINERA DE SANTA MARTA S.A.
- Saskatchewan Mining and Minerals Inc.
- Cordenka GmbH & Co. KG
- GRUPO INDUSTRIAL CRIMIDESA S.L.
- Elementis plc
- Nafine Chemical Industry Group Co. Ltd.
Sodium Sulfate Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of sodium sulfate, such as ECOBAT Technologies Ltd, Godavari Biorefineries Ltd, and The Aditya Birla Group are focusing on capacity expansion and cost-effective production of sodium sulfate. Major developments in the global sodium sulfate market are highlighted below:
- In 2018, Elementis plc acquired Mondo Minerals B.V. It was the largest transaction in the company's history that helped it broaden its portfolio with new high quality, high-performance additive materials used in coatings, plastics, life sciences, and paper applications.
- In the global sodium sulfate market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of sodium sulfate. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global sodium sulfate market.
Sodium Sulfate Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global sodium sulfate market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global sodium sulfate market so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global sodium sulfate market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global sodium sulfate market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global sodium sulfate market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global sodium sulfate market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (kilo tons).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global sodium sulfate market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global sodium sulfate market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Sodium Sulfate Market
The report provides detailed information about the global sodium sulfate market on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global sodium sulfate market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global sodium sulfate market would emerge as major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues out of advantages of sodium sulfate?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global sodium sulfate market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global sodium sulfate market?
- Which type segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global sodium sulfate market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global sodium sulfate market?
Research Methodology – Sodium Sulfate Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global sodium sulfate market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global sodium sulfate market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global sodium sulfate market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global sodium sulfate market.
Sodium Sulfate Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global sodium sulfate market in terms of form, type, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global sodium sulfate market.