Double Glazing Glass Market: Introduction
- Double glazing glass unit is a combination of two panes of glass spaced apart with a spacer bar and sealed with a primary and secondary sealant to form a single airtight unit with an air space in between
- Double glazing glass units create comfortable homes and buildings, as they offer benefits that enhance the building. They provide solutions to a range of issues such as heat in rooms, stopping unwanted excessive heat from the sun, keeping noise out, or making home more secure. The transparent coating on one surface of the glass reflects heat back into the building, thereby reducing heat loss through the window.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Double Glazing Glass Market
- Rapid expansion of the building & construction sector in emerging countries and energy saving characteristics of double glazing glass are driving the global double glazing glass market. Double glazing glass is designed to reduce heat loss in a building, while reducing visible light transmittance. It improves thermal performance and reduces energy costs.
- Lack of awareness about long-term energy-efficient solutions offered by double-glazing glass among consumers is likely to hamper the double-glazing glass market in the near future
Double Glazing Glass Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the double glazing glass market can be divided into window & door, façade, and others
- The window & door segment dominates the double glazing glass market
- Double-paned windows solutions are proven high-performance, energy-efficient, and glazing systems that significantly cut energy consumption and pollution sources. Their advantages include less air leakage, reduced heat loss, and warmer window surfaces that improve comfort and minimize condensation.
- Similarly, double glazed doors enhance interior elegance while offering a seamless experience with all the benefits
COVID-19 Impact on Global Double Glazing Glass Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected the demand for double glazing glass in the construction & infrastructure sector. Disruption in the supply chain has resulted in delays or non-arrival of raw materials, disrupted financial flows, and growing absenteeism among production line workers. This has compelled construction & infrastructure companies to operate at zero or partial capacities, resulting in lower demand for double glazing glass.
- China, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, is a major link in the supply chain of raw materials of double glazing glass. The main constituent of glass is soda ash. It is primarily found in China.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is likely to compel players in Europe and North America to consider alternative sourcing options. This is estimated to have important tax, transfer-pricing, and customs implications.
Europe to Hold Leading Share of Global Double Glazing Glass Market
- In terms of region, the double glazing glass market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to hold major share of the global double glazing glass market, followed by North America and Asia Pacific, during the forecast period
- Europe is the largest double glazing glass market across the globe. This trend is expected to continue during the forecasted period. Rise in energy consumption and costs, requirements for legislative building compliance, and the need to manage greenhouse gas emission are driving the demand for double glazing glass products in Europe.
- Government initiatives for green buildings and energy-efficient performance have made double glazing glass a prominent choice among contractors. This is also boosting the market in Europe.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Double Glazing Glass Market
The double glazing glass market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. key manufacturers operating in the double glazing glass market include:
- Metro Performance Glass
- CN Glass Limited
- Adrian Welch Glass and Glazing
- T & I Sealed Units Limited
- Clayton Glass Ltd
- Shenzhen Sun Global Glass Co., Ltd.
- TAMCO Gulf Ltd.
- Weatherbeater Windows
- Abbey & Burton Glass
- VELUX Group
- Glass & Glazing Systems Pvt. Ltd
- Stevenage Glass
- Rene Turck and Associates
- Gunj Glass
- Harrogate Glass Solutions
Double Glazing Glass Market: Research Scope
Double Glazing Glass Market, by Material
- Frame & Spacer
Double Glazing Glass Market, by Thickness
- Less than 10mm
- 10mm to 12mm
- More than 12mm
Double Glazing Glass Market, by Application
- Window & Door
Double Glazing Glass Market, by End-use
Global Double Glazing Glass Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.