Global Wind Turbine Scrap Market: Introduction
- Demand for wind turbines has been increasing significantly since the last few years. Wind turbines are cleaner and cheaper alternatives to fossil fuels. As a result, demand for wind turbines is expected to rise substantially in the near future.
- Wind turbines have average life of 20 years to 22 years. After that, these turbine are either repowered or decommissioned. Under the decommissioning process, reusable materials such as steel and other valuable metals are recovered. The recycling of material reduces wastes and also provides economic benefits.
- Wind turbine blades are made up of fiber glass composite, which are comparatively difficult to recycle or reuse. Currently, these blades are dumped into landfills, which are not green solutions. Hence, companies are now focusing on providing better solutions or methods through which the recovery of these blades would be easy, enviroment-friendly, and economical.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Wind Turbine Scrap Market
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization is a key driver of the global wind turbine scrap market. Rise in number of industries is driving the demand for electricity. Wind turbines are being considered in order to meet this demand. Hence, increase in number of wind turbines is anticipated to generate more wind turbine scrap. Thus, industrialization and urbanization is projected to drive the global wind turbine scrap market during the forecast period.
- Implementation of stringent government regulations to reduce carbon emissions is a major factor driving the global wind turbine scrap market. Favorable government incentive schemes to promote the installation of wind turbines is also fueling the market. Furthermore, majority of industries and government bodies are focusing on wind turbines for electricity generation due to environmental concerns. Thus, implementation of stringent government regulations to lower carbon emissions is likely to be a key driver of the global wind turbine scrap market.
- The unavailability of technology to recover fiber glass composites from the blades is a major factor restraining the global wind turbine scrap market. The current technology makes it difficult to recover fiber glass composites from the blades. Furthermore, significant investment in R&D would be needed to develop the technology. Thus, the unavailability of technology to recover fiber glass composites is a major factor hampering the global wind turbine scrap market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Wind Turbine Scrap Market: Segmentation
- The global wind turbine scrap market can be segmented in terms of service and product type
- Based on service, the global market can be divided into collection & segregation, recycling, and disposal. The disposal segment can be further segregated into landfill and incineration.
- In terms of product type, the global wind turbine scrap market can be classified into iron & steel, plastic, precious metals, fiber glass composites, and others
Global Wind Turbine Scrap Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global wind turbine scrap market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global wind turbine scrap market during the forecast period. Dominance of Asia Pacific can be ascribed to the development of new wind farms in the region. Furthermore, development of infrastructure related to wind farms is increasing at a rapid pace in Asia Pacific.
- China accounted for leading share of the wind turbine scrap market in Asia Pacific in 2018 primarily owing to the increase in number of wind farms in the country. The country is estimated to invest significantly in wind energy generation in the near future. This is projected to drive the wind turbine scrap market in China during the forecast period.
- In terms of market share, Europe follows Asia Pacific in the global wind turbine scrap market. Increase in government policies to promote wind energy production in Europe is anticipated to propel the wind turbine scrap market in the region during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Belson Steel Center Scrap Inc
- Global Fiberglass Solutions
- Renewable Parts Ltd
Global Wind Turbine Scrap Market: Research Scope
Global Wind Turbine Scrap Market, by Service
- Collection & Segregation
Global Wind Turbine Scrap Market, by Product Type
- Iron & Steel
- Precious Metals
- Fiber Glass Composites
Global Wind Turbine Scrap Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.