Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market (Power Rating: Up to 5 kVA, 6 – 10 kVA, 11 – 15 kVA, and 16 – 20 kVA; Fuel: Diesel, Natural Gas, and Others; Type: Stationary and Portable; Application: Prime & Continuous, Standby, and Peak Shaving; and End User: Residential (Residential Complexes/Apartments, and Individual Consumers), Commercial (Hospitals & Clinics, Universities & Educational Establishments, Commercial Complexes, Office Spaces, and Others), Industrial (Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Food & Beverages, Metal & Mining, Utilities & Power Rental, and Others), and Telecom) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Hybrid Gensets - Sustainable Option for Stakeholders in Construction Industry
Although diesel generators will account for the highest production of ~689,000 units by 2027 amongst all fuel-based generators in the generator (up to 20 kVA) market, hybrid technology is emerging as a key driver. Consumers in the generator (up to 20 kVA) supply chain prefer the silence of electrical unit suits. Hence, companies in the generator (up to 20 kVA) space are increasing their efficacy in hybrid gensets, as there is growing demand for hybrid gensets in the construction and events sectors. Companies are increasing the availability of hybrid power systems in the construction industry to help stakeholders achieve energy efficiency.
Manufacturers in the generator (up to 20 kVA) market are capitalizing on the growing popularity of hybrid technology. This technology is being used by stakeholders in the construction landscape to replace conventional diesel generators, and reduce the runtime of generators. Thus, the cost-efficiency of hybrid gensets is creating vast scope for incremental opportunities, due to reduction in fuel consumption. Hybrid gensets are emerging as a sustainable solution to traditional generators, are less noisy, and contribute towards lesser emissions. Companies in the generator (up to 20 kVA) market are providing other value-added services to customers, such as site power requirement audits, equipment training, and technical support, to increase the sales of their gensets.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Generator Market
Portfolio Expansion in Portable Generators, Focus on African Countries - Profitable Avenues for Manufacturers
The Middle East & Africa currently accounts for the third-largest value share amongst all regions in the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market, with a prediction of high growth potential in the coming years. Hence, manufacturers in the generator (up to 20 kVA) landscape are expanding their product portfolios to increase the availability of robust gensets that help supply electricity to mobile control towers at airports in various countries of Africa. These systems are strategically mounted on semi-trailer trucks with an elevation system above ground level, which allows controllers to have clear visibility. Manufacturers in the generator (up to 20 kVA) market are developing high-capacity generators fitted with telecom systems that are fully-operational for controllers.
The growing popularity of portable generator has further expanded the scope for cumulative opportunities in the generator (up to 20 kVA) space. Portable generators are being increasingly used for both, residential and commercial applications. Manufacturers in the generator (up to 20 kVA) ecosystem are delivering powerful generating solutions in portable petrol- and diesel-powered units. As such, 8 kVA portable generators are being increasingly used in heavy-duty applications.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies Abide by Strict Industry Norms and Explore Opportunities in Small-island Power Systems
Generators have become an indispensable part of the everyday life of customers. However, stringent regulations and technical limitations of generators are anticipated to affect the growth of the generator (up to 20 kVA) market.
For instance, Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the generator (up to 20 kVA) market, with an estimated output of ~370,500 units by the end of 2027. However, strict regulations concerning the noise level of systems have forced companies in the generator (up to 20 kVA) landscape to develop systems that comply with the laid down rules. India is a leading economy in Asia Pacific, but the country’s governing body - Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) - has issued stringent regulations related to the permissible noise limits of gensets in different regions and areas of the country. Hence, companies in the generator (up to 20 kVA) space are developing systems with acoustic enclosures. They are engineering box-like structures that minimize the noise generated by the machine enclosed within it.
Manufacturers in the generator (up to 20 kVA) market are tapping into new opportunities to transform small-island power systems. However, the effects of climate change and costly fuel imports are pressing challenges in this landscape. Thus, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to improve the energy security in gensets built on the principles of renewable energy.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Generator Market”
The generator (up to 20 kVA) market is highly dominated by seven major companies, owning a market share of more than 50%. Novel discoveries are giving rise to new business models to generate new sources of income. For instance, Chakr Innovation — a provider of sustainable energy solutions, developed a device by the name of 'Chakr Shield', which transforms particulate matter emitted by diesel generators into ink. This phenomena solves the problem of shortage of ink, worldwide, and converts by-products into a useful commodity.
However, strict rules laid down by governments are anticipated to impede market growth. As such, manufacturers should innovate hybrid-technology generators that are sustainable and comply with the norms. They should also increase their production capabilities in growing economies of Asia Pacific and the Middle East & Africa.
Description of Global Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market
- A generator set is a combination of two major components: an engine and an alternator. Its function is to generate electricity. An internal combustion engine is employed in a generator, which runs on either diesel, gasoline, natural gas, or duel fuel. Standby generators and prime/continuous power generators are two basic types of diesel generators.
- The global generator (up to 20 kVA) market was valued at ~US$ 2.2 Bn in 2018.
- Expanding at a CAGR of 5.5%, the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 3.5 Bn by 2027.
High Demand for Generators of Up to 20 kVA for Backup Power in Developing Economies Drives Market
- Inconsistent and fluctuating power supply during peak hours calls for the use of additional backup power solutions in residential and small commercial applications.
- Developing economies across the globe have high electrification rates, owing to rising power demand from urban and rural areas. Significant growth of industries such as infrastructure, information technology (IT), manufacturing, telecommunications, and IT-enabled services has driven the demand for backup power in residential and commercial sectors.
- Lower supply of electricity as compared to the current demand in Asia Pacific is likely to drive the generator (up to 20 kVA) market in the region during the forecast period.
Growing Off-grid Areas Provide Opportunities to Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market
- Generators play a vital role in power replenishment in off-grid areas. Off-grid areas have highly limited or no access to grid-connected electricity. These areas are entirely dependent on secondary sources of power, such as gensets and solar energy.
- Most regions across the globe have extremely large off-grid areas, which do not have access to grid-connected electricity. A majority of developing countries have large off-grid areas, which are completely dependent on generators for their power requirements.
- Most countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America register a low rate of electrification and poor infrastructure. This factor is projected to provide substantial opportunities to the generator (up to 20 kVA) market in these countries during the forecast period.
Growing Popularity of Solar Power Restraining Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market
- The growing popularity of solar power in urban as well as rural areas, led by supportive government policies and cost-effective generation, is anticipated to restrain the global generator (Up to 20 kVA) market during the forecast period.
- Low operating costs, low maintenance, clean energy, and government subsidies are estimated to increase the popularity of solar power in residential and small commercial sectors across the globe during the forecast period, which is expected to impede the growth of the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market.
Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts in Global Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market
- In January 2019, Yamaha Motor Corporation announced the launch of a new EF2200iS inverter generator.
- In February 2018, Generac Holdings Inc. signed a purchase agreement for the acquisition of Selmec Equipos Industriales, S.A. de C.V. (Selmec). Selmec is a manufacturer of industrial generators, with capacities ranging from 10 kW to 2,750 kW.
- In January 2017, Generac successfully closed the acquisition of Motortech Holding GmbH & Co. KG, which strengthened the former’s position in the power generation sector in Europe.
- In March 2016, Generac Holdings Inc. acquired a majority of ownership interest in PR Industrial S.r.l. and its subsidiaries (Pramac). PR Industrial S.r.l. is based in Siena, Italy. It is engaged in the manufacture of stationary, mobile, and portable generators, which are marketed under the brand name of Pramac. Pramac has its distribution channels in over 150 countries.
- In 2016, Cummins Inc. relocated its generator set assembly operations in Kent, the U.K. to Daventry, the U.K., in order to improve efficiency. With this move, the Kent site was transformed into an important regional distribution and logistics center.
Asia Pacific Prominent Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market in 2018. The generator (up to 20 kVA) market in the region is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Expanding telecommunications and commercial sectors, led by rise in the number of off-grid- and bad-grid-connected telecom towers and low commercial power backup requirements in the region, are fueling the generator (up to 20 kVA) market in the region.
- Furthermore, rapid economic growth and rise in the standards of living are another major factors driving the generator (up to 20 kVA) market in Asia Pacific. According to the Global Tracking Framework 2017 Regional Assessment Report, more than 421 million people in Asia Pacific did not have access to electricity. This creates a lucrative opportunities for players operating in the generator (up to 20 kVA) market in the region.
- The generator (up to 20 kVA) market in Middle East & Africa is expanding at a significant rate, due to the poor rate of electrification in Africa, underdeveloped power infrastructure, abundance of hydrocarbon reserves, expansion of the telecom industry, and growth of the off-grid industrial sector in the region.
- In terms of revenue, North America and Europe contributed significantly to the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market during the forecast period. The Rest of Europe accounted for a major share in the generator (up to 20 kVA) market in Europe in 2018. Its share is expected to increase by 0.2% by 2027 in the Europe generator (up to 20 kVA) market. Significant growth of the commercial sector, low prices of natural gas, expansion of the small-scale industrial sector, high demand during peak hours, high rate of incidence of power fluctuations, and growth of the telecom industry are major factors driving the generator (up to 20 kVA) market in Europe.
Highly Competitive Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market - Dominance of Top Players
- The global generator (up to 20 kVA) market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of local, regional, and global players.
- Key players operating in the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market have been profiled in this market study.
- Some of the main players in the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market are
- Yamaha Motor Corporation
- Cummins Inc.
- Kohler Co.
- Generac Holdings Inc.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Honda Siel Power Products Ltd
- Su-Kam Power Systems Ltd
- KOEL Green
- Greaves Cotton Limited
- FG Wilson
- Mahindra Powerol
- Jakson Group.
Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market: Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario, which offers forecasts for the period of 2019–2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market enclosed in the study. The report also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and developments made by players operating in the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market. This TMR report is divided into different sections that allow readers to gain better understanding of the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much revenue is the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which type segment of the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market is likely to be highly attractive by 2027?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics expected to drive the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market in the next nine years?
- Which regions are expected to provide growth opportunities to players operating in the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key market players in an attempt to expand their market presence?
The first section of TMR’s report on the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market begins with a premise that includes the report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. Following this is the executive summary that emphasizes the aspects of the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market covered in the study. The report also includes the market dynamics that offer an understanding of the market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The TMR study on the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market offers an assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. Regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, country-wise, and segment-wise analysis pertaining to individual regions helps readers of the report decipher the growth potential for the market in various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projections and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the report.
The study on the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, along with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market allows readers to understand the business of these competitors and strategies implemented by key players, along with their performance in the market.
TMR’s report on the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market is based on detailed estimation of the market, which includes comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market, in terms of competitive scenario, is supported by an individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Also, an analysis of the historical and current global market for generators (up to 20 kVA) is focused on key market segments, major regions, market drivers, and other qualitative inputs, which help TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecasts of the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market. Readers can access the global generator (up to 20 kVA) market study to gain a projected market analysis for the period of 2019–2027.
Global Generator (Up to 20 kVA) Market: Segmentation