Power Supply Market
Power Supply Market (Output Power: Low Output [500 W and Below], Medium Output [500 W to 1500 W], and High Output [More than 1500 W]; Type: AC-DC Power Supplies and DC-DC Converters; Technology: Silicon [Si], Silicon Carbide [SiC], and Gallium Nitride [GaN]; and Industry Vertical: Industrial, Transportation, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, Consumer Electronics, Telecommunication, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Companies Realize Need for Resilient Power Systems amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The impact of COVID-19 has not yet been as prolific in sub-Saharan Africa as it has been in other parts of the world. However, a large population living under and close to the poverty line has led to vulnerability of the fragile public health system, inadequate infrastructure, and limited fiscal space. Hence, companies in the global power supply market should unlock opportunities in Africa to establish resilient power systems and steer economic development in the continent.
Companies in the power supply market need to conduct an assessment of the region regarding socio-economic factors, risks, and opportunities for long-term benefits. In order to revive the demand for power in the sub-Saharan Africa, semiconductor companies need to collaborate with discoms to establish a robust infrastructure.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Power Supply Market
Standardization of AC, DC Power to Drive Global Market
The power supply market is predicted to cross the value mark of US$ 40.8 Bn by 2030. However, technicians in semiconductor companies need to be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of AC power and DC power. For instance, DC power is susceptible to long distance transmission losses and voltage drops in the lines. Hence, companies should make developments in the transformer and AC transmission to pave the way for efficient general electrical power supply.
AC power is prone to interference with the neighboring communication lines. Hence, standardization of the AC power and DC power, especially in the utilities sector, has become a starting point for companies in the power supply market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Smart Energy Gains Prominence in IoT, Automotive Interior Applications
The power supply market is estimated to clock a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. The Internet of Things (IoT) is creating value grab opportunities for semicons in low power applications within automotive and industrial sectors. The EnerCera ultra-small/ultra-thin Li-ion rechargeable battery is being highly publicized for its potentially large discharging current and high heat resistance.
Smart and innovative batteries are revolutionizing wireless communications with up to several hundred mA. Companies in the power supply market are increasing efforts to include wide operating temperature ranges in cutting-edge Li-ion rechargeable batteries. They are collaborating with electronic hardware engineers and circuit design engineers to expand their business in IoT and automotive interior applications.
Manufacturers to Combine Over-performing Power Systems with Medical Devices
State-of-the-art medical devices need dedicated power supply systems. Alpha Innovations— a specialist in the field of power technology, is equipping healthcare professionals with over performing power systems that are safe, reliable, and cost efficient. Companies in the power supply market are increasing the availability of custom power solutions that can be combined with innovative medical technologies.
Medical device manufacturers are pressured to ensure safety compliance during end-to-end production processes. Electrical leakage to either the patient or the operator can increase risks of morbidity and mortality. Hence, stakeholders in the power supply market are working with med-tech companies to create technologies that deliver safety and flexibility in devices.
Multi-output Power Systems Lower Cost of PECVD Processes in Production of Solar Cells
The dynamic growth of the renewable energy sector is generating revenue streams for companies in the power supply market. Advanced Energy— a designer and manufacturer of highly engineered and precision power conversion systems has announced the launch of its Ascent® MS five-output power supply system for the photovoltaic (PV) manufacturing industry.
With the help of innovative five-output power supply, companies in the power supply market are making an attempt to lower the cost of crystalline silicon Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD) processes in the production of solar cells. Semicons are developing power systems that deliver quick connect power outputs that provide a single point of control and minimize need of input power connections that make for an optimized coater infrastructure.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Power Supply Market
As the power industry contracts in the Middle East due to the COVID-19 crisis, companies are making an effort to revive industry growth by leveraging solar technology in the region. UPS (uninterruptible power supply) is eliminating the need for manual operation and automation, and is deploying switching between supply modes. However, in many cases, UPS systems may deploy narrow input range and poor quality output power supply. Hence, companies in the power supply market should deliver customization in UPS systems, and educate individuals about easy installation and compactness to offset its disadvantages. Flexibility and scalability of power supply systems are being considered by medical device operators to prevent electrical leakage during processes.
Power Supply Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global power supply market for the historical period of 2018–2019 and forecast period if 2020–2030, rise in consumer inclination toward building automation, owing to increase in disposable income and demand for new services in power supplies, is expected to boost the global power supply market during the forecast period. However, some factors also hamper the expansion of the power supply market. These include growing adoption of high voltage direct current and renewable energy sources.
- In terms of revenue, the global power supply market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 40.8 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Rise in Consumer Trend Toward Building Automation Due to Rise in Disposable Income: Key Driver of Power Supply Market
- Growing consumer focus on building automation due to rise in disposable income is likely to lead to major growth in smart homes. A smart home refers to a residence equipped with a communication network, high-tech household appliances, and devices and sensors that can be remote controlled, monitored, and accessed that provide services responding to consumer needs.
- Developments in wireless Internet and smartphones have led to the concept of a smart home services that can be remotely controlled anytime and anywhere, which is likely to lead to the significant growth of power supply modules, and help boost the power supply market across the globe
- Rapid developments in the field of artificial intelligence is anticipated to increase the application of power supplies in the field of building automation, which is likely to translate to noteworthy growth of the power supply market
High Demand for New Services in Power Supplies to Offer Opportunities to Power Supply Market
- Growth in demand for new services is leading to the establishment of a substantial number of data centers across the globe. In the upcoming years, data center growth statistics are not only expected to increase by 12-14 percent per year, but a staggering 50 percent of all data traffic in the world is expected to pass through the largest facilities alone.
- Various industries are investing in the construction of new data centers and retrofit existing facilities to incorporate the latest industry standards. This is likely to boost the power supply market across the globe.
- This growing demand for new services in data centers, electrical industries, retrofit existing facilities, and electronic industries is expected to offer lucrative opportunities and introduce new innovations to the market of advanced power supply equipment.
Power Supply Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of power supply have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global power supply market are
- COSEL ASIA LTD
- Delta Electronics Inc.
- General Electric
- MEAN WELL Enterprises Co. Ltd
- Murata Power Solutions
- Phoenix Contact
- Phoenix Contact
- Siemens AG
- TDK-Lambda Corporation
- XP Power among others
Power Supply Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of power supplies, such as General Electric, Siemens AG, Murata Power Solutions, Phoenix Contact, and TDK-Lambda Corporation are focusing on the creation of cost-effective and new power supply equipment to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global power supply market are highlighted below:
- In March 2019, Siemens AG expanded its range of DC/DC converters with the launch of its new range of Sitop PSU3400 devices for the lower output range of up to 120 watts. The new power supply units ensure stable output voltage even with voltage fluctuations of +/-25%. User benefits include a high degree of efficiency of 92% as well as high safety during operation due to the broad input range with reverse polarity protection.
- In January 2019, TDK-Lambda Corporation acquired Switzerland-based Nextys SA. Nextys SA engages in the design and manufacture of a portfolio of DIN rail power supplies and accessories, which complement TDK-Lambda's product portfolio. The acquisition is estimated to enable TDK-Lambda to consolidate its position in the rapidly expanding DIN rail power supply business.
- In the global power supply market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of power supply systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global power supply market.
Power Supply Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global power supply market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global power supply market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global power supply market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2018 - 2030
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global power supply market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global power supply market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global power supply market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global power supply market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Power Supply Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global power supply market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the global power supply market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of power supply over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global power supply market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global power supply market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the global power supply market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global power supply market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global power supply market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global power supply market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global power supply market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global power supply market more reliable and accurate.
Power Supply Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global power supply market divides the market based on output power, type, technology, industry vertical, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global power supply market is discussed in detail in TMR’s study.