RDX and HMX Market
RDX and HMX Market (Application: RDX [Military and Civilian] and HMX [Military and Civilian]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Growing Pace of End-use Segments Drive Demand for RDX, HMX
Explosive materials are energetic substances that act as an initiating factor in clusters of warfare-related strategies. HMX and RDX are common constituents of military explosives. RDX and HMX are classified as a nitroamine and is a more energetic explosive than TNT. They were widely used in World War 2, and remain common in explosion and military applications. Both RDX and HMT are a subject of much consideration and listed as high melting explosive, her majesty's explosive, and high-velocity military explosives. While RDX is produced by using the Bachmann Process, which usually contains 8–10% HMX. HMX, however, is complicated to manufacture than most explosives, and this confines it to professional applications. RDX and HMX are most commonly used in various end-use industries such as defense, mining, and construction industries. As these industries are growing at a rapid pace, the RDX and HMX market is anticipated to grow during the forecast period.
RDX and HMT have grown in popularity due to their relative stability, which is slightly less than TNT. The explosive power is much greater than TNT and hence, it is commonly used in detonators, primers, mines, rocket boosters, and plastic explosives. However, there is a difference between commercial dynamite and military dynamite, in terms of energy. Military dynamite such as M1, M2, and M3 have a strength of 60 percent of commercial dynamite, but military explosives are relatively insensitive to friction, drop impact, and rifle bullet impact. Among various forms of military explosives, 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene (TNT), hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine (RDX), and octahedron-1,3,5,7-tetranitro- 1,3,5,7-tetrazocine (HMX) are increasingly researched and studied to increase their use in other industrial applications. Military expenditure is increasing worldwide, and the rising demand for RDX and HMX for military applications is boosting the global RDX and HMX market in the upcoming years.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Halt in Industrial, Mining Activities Hampers Demand for Explosives Worldwide
The outbreak of the COVID-19 crisis created an unprecedented impact on global industries and the economy. While governments, industries, and the wider society are working together to recognize and approach the challenges caused by the crisis to support COVID-affected families, and stakeholders, the search for treatments and a vaccine took a while. Reasonably, the ongoing impact of the pandemic on the RDX and HMX market remains uncertain, as it might take a while to restore end-use industries. The COVID-19 pandemic has transformed the explosive segment in a variety of ways. Industrial operations have been affected through isolated outbreaks and government-mandated shutdowns, and the demand for many commodities remains low with lower near-term demand on the horizon. The RDX and HMX market report explores the potential long-term impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the future demand for industrial applications as well as the next steps businesses can take to ensure their response to this pandemic is swift and effective.
The ongoing phase of the RDX and HMX market is characterized by the manufacturers responding to new supply-and-demand dynamics by shutting down high-cost supply and high grading, resulting in a new supply-demand equilibrium, often at lower levels than seen previously. Moreover, with the pandemic nearing its end in most regions, the market is witnessing global recovery being led by larger economies and prices rebounding as shortages begin to appear. However, lack of capital expenditures, depletion of existing assets, and differentiated demand patterns lead to commodities reacting differently. As the phase progresses, government investments toward defense, construction, and mining projects are expected to prove propitious for the global RDX and HMX market in the near future. Thus, the RDX and HMX market will expect heavy demand from construction and mining industries.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Rising Applications of RDX, HMT in TNT Propels Market Growth
RDX, also known as hexogen, can be used with other explosives such as HMX, waxes, or oils to make military munitions. The production process of RDX comprises multiple stages varying from raw materials storing and feeding, nitration, decomposition, filtration, and transportation. Businesses are spending extensively on R&D activities to develop innovative products to support defense forces and cater to the ever-increasing product demand. RDX and HMX as a military explosive can either be used with explosives such as TNT to make cyclotrons that create bursting charges for aerial bombs, mines, and torpedoes or can be used as a base charge for detonators. RDX in the civilian application is popularly used as a heating fuel, in fireworks, occasional rodenticide, and in the demolition of blocks. Furthermore, the civil engineering industry plays a major role in economic growth, which is driven by rise in the demand for smart infrastructure and increase in expenditure on infrastructure development in developing countries. This is likely to fuel the demand for RDX and HMX market during the projected timeline.
Explosive materials such as RDX and HMX are energetic substances, when discharged into the atmosphere, contaminate by posing toxic hazards to the environment and biota. Across the world, soils are polluted by such contaminants either due to manufacturing operations, military activities, conflicts of different levels, open burning/open detonation (OB/OD), dumping of munitions, etc. Moreover, these explosives are highly toxic, as various government organizations have recommended restrictions for lifetime contact through drinking water. However, as there are several utilitarian aspects in anthropogenic activities, effective remediation of explosives is very important. Nevertheless, rise in the necessity to defend national borders and increase in safety concerns are the major factors that are compelling governments of different countries to spend more on arms and ammunition, thus driving the global RDX and HMX market.
Increasing Number of Industries in Asia Pacific Fuels Regional Market Demand
The demand for RDX and HMX is comparatively greater in North America and Asia Pacific, owing to a large number of mining activities and the presence of various international mining companies in these regions. Moreover, presence of major end-use industries and growing demand for mining gold, iron, tin, manganese, coal, tungsten, copper, antimony, mica, lead, zinc, aluminum, silver, and precious stones in the Asia Pacific is aiding the region to grow at highest CAGR during the forecast period. The global RDX and HMX market is projected to reach US$ 22 Bn by 2031, at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in RDX and HMX Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
The global RDX and HMX market is primarily being driven by the rising demand for metals and minerals across the globe. RDX and HMX have major applications in quarrying, metal mining, coal mining, and non-metal mining. Coal mining is an essential application of RDX and HMX explosions. In addition, China is anticipated to be a highly attractive country of the RDX and HMX market in the Asia Pacific region. End-use industries such as defense and mining are witnessing strong growth across the world. This is most likely to boost the demand for RDX and HMX during the forecast period.
RDX and HMX Market: Overview
- RDX and HMX are used as an explosive in various end-use industries such as defense, mining, and construction industries. These industries have been expanding significantly across the globe. This has created lucrative opportunities for the RDX and HMX market.
- Research Department Explosive or Royal Demolition Explosive, abbreviated as RDX, is an organic compound with the formula (O2N2CH2)3. RDX is a white crystalline solid, which is insoluble in water and slightly soluble in some other solvents. RDX is used as an explosive on a primarily in military. It is also used civilian applications particularly in mining industry.
- High Melting Explosive (HMX) or Her Majesty's Explosive is a powerful and relatively insensitive nitroamine high explosive, which is chemically related to RDX. HMX is used to implode fissionable material in nuclear devices to achieve critical mass and as a component of plastic-bonded explosives, solid fuel rocket propellants and booster charges in military munitions.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global RDX and HMX market for the actual year 2020 and the forecast period of 2021 to 2031, rise in demand for RDX and HMX in defense and mining industries is a key factor that is anticipated to boost the global RDX and HMX market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global RDX and HMX market is expected to reach US$ 22 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Growth of Arms & Ammunition Industry: Key Driver of RDX and HMX Market
- Rise in terrorist activities across the globe is expected to drive the procurement of arms and ammunition by prominent militaries across the globe. This is anticipated to boost the arms & ammunitions industry, thus propelling the demand for explosives such as RDX and HMX during the forecast period.
- Majority of emerging economies such as India, China, Russia, and Saudi Arabia are engaging in modernization of defense forces. This has led to an increase in defense expenditure for ammunition procurement and R&D activities across the globe over the past few years. In turn, this is estimated to augment the RDX and HMX market during the forecast period.
Rise in Investments in Infrastructure Development to Boost RDX and HMX Market
- The global construction/civil engineering industry has expanded significantly over the past decade. It plays a major role in economic growth, driven by the rise in the demand for smart infrastructure and increase in expenditure on infrastructure development in developing countries.
- Rise in spending on infrastructure development such as construction of highways, dams, and bridges is projected to propel the civil engineering industry during the forecast period. This, in turn, is likely to boost the RDX and HMX market in the near future.
- Growth of the construction industry in BRICs and the U.S. is also likely to drive the demand for explosives such as RDX and HMX, as these explosives are used for demolition purposes during the construction of highways and dams
Military Dominates RDX and HMX Market
- Based on application, the military segment accounted for a prominent share of the global RDX and HMX market in 2020. Demand for large RDX and HMX has been rising across the globe. Demand for RDX and HMX is primarily driven by the growth of the arms & ammunition industry.
- RDX and HMX are utilized in the manufacture of melt-castable explosives, nuclear devices, plastic explosives, rocket fuels, and booster charges that are employed in military applications. Rise in need to protect the national borders and increase in safety concerns are the major factors that are driving governments of various countries to spend more on arms and ammunition. This is further expected to create new opportunities for the RDX and HMX market.
- RDX and HMX are also extensively used in quarrying, metal mining, coal mining, and non-metal mining industries. Coal mining is an essential application of mining explosives. This is estimated to drive the market for explosives for mining application. Manufacturers can also focus on the mining industry, as the share held by the end-use industry in the RDX and HMX market is likely to increase during the forecast period.
RDX and HMX Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of RDX and HMX have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global RDX and HMX market are
- Chemring Group PLC.
- PRVA ISKRA - NAMENSKA A.D.
- BAE Systems
- NITRO-CHEM S.A
- Austin Powder
- Nuberg EPC
- Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company
- Key providers such as Chemring Group PLC., Dahana, and Eurenco are focusing on expanding their facilities, owing to the rise in demand for RDX and HMX in various applications and end-use industries. These vendors have adopted various organic and inorganic growth strategies to expand their product portfolio and geographical footprint in the global RDX and HMX market.
- In the global RDX and HMX market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of RDX and HMX. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global RDX and HMX market.
RDX and HMX Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global RDX and HMX market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global RDX and HMX market so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global RDX and HMX market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global RDX and HMX market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global RDX and HMX market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global RDX and HMX market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global RDX and HMX market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global RDX and HMX market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on RDX and HMX Market
The report provides detailed information about the global RDX and HMX market on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global RDX and HMX market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global RDX and HMX market would emerge as major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of RDX and HMX?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global RDX and HMX market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global RDX and HMX market?
- Which application segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global RDX and HMX market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global RDX and HMX market?
Research Methodology – RDX and HMX Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global RDX and HMX market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global RDX and HMX market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global RDX and HMX market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global RDX and HMX market.
RDX and HMX Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global RDX and HMX market in terms of application and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects of the global RDX and HMX market.