Textile Chemicals Market
Textile Chemicals Market (Product: Coating & Sizing Chemicals [Wetting Agents, Defoamers, and Others], Dyes & Dyestuff [Acid Dyes, Basic Dyes, Direct Dyes, Disperse Dyes, Reactive Dyes, Sulfur Dyes, Vat Dyes, and Others], Finishing Agents, Surfactants, De-sizing Agents, Bleaching Agents, Yarn Lubricants, and Others; and Application: Home Furnishing Textiles [Carpets & Rugs, Furniture, and Others], Technical Textiles [Agrotech, Geotech, Meditech, and Others], Apparel, and Industrial Textiles) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- Chemicals & Materials
- 391 Pages
Companies Adopting Synthetic Biology to Manufacture Sustainable Dyestuff
Innovations in the textile chemicals market are becoming increasingly mainstream. Due to high incremental opportunities in this market, companies are adopting new methods of sustainable textile chemical manufacturing.
The textile chemicals market is projected to account for a profitable revenue of ~US$ 33.4 billion by the end of 2027. Increasing awareness about the environment and water resources has pushed market players to adopt sustainable manufacturing practices. For instance, U.K. based company – Colorifix - adopted the method of synthetic biology to develop sustainable dyestuff. This trend is justified, since dyes and dyestuffs are estimated to account for the second-highest production output amongst all product offerings in the textile chemicals market, with a forecast volume of ~3,600 kilo tons by the end of 2027.
Companies are increasing research & development to grow microbes through proper fermentation processes that are capable of producing high performance-renewable dyes that cater to the mainstream textile industry. Microorganisms are orchestrated with advanced synthetic biology processes that alter agricultural by-products, such as sugar molasses, into colorants applicable for textile dyeing. The cost-effectiveness of the synthetic biology method has encouraged companies to fabricate colorful dyes in the most environmental-friendly manner. Sustainable chemical management is being actively talked about in the fashion industry. For instance, global apparel retailer - Gap - announced a process to manufacture denims using a waterless foam-dyeing technique, by teaming up with Banana Republic - an American premium clothing & accessories company, and Tejidos Royo - a Spanish denim mill.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Innovative Business Models in Apparel Industry Translate into Incremental Opportunities
Manufacturers in the textile chemicals market are seeking incremental opportunities in the apparel industry. The apparel industry is set to rank the second-highest in production amongst all applications in the textile chemicals market, with an estimated output of ~6,100 kilo tons by the end of 2027. As such, stakeholders in the textile chemicals value chain are capitalizing on innovative business models such as recommerce and clothing rental, which support textile recycling programs to incentivize product take-back.
Sustainability has emerged as a key trend in the textile chemicals market. Companies are aiming toward a circular economy, as consumers are growing increasingly aware about the hazardous consequences of conventionally-manufactured textile chemicals. For instance, DyeCoo - a Dutch textile technology company, announced the launch of a first-of-its-kind, commercially-available textile dyeing machine that alleviates the need for water and processing chemicals in the dyeing procedure.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Rapid growth of the apparel industry has driven manufacturers in the textile chemicals market to collaborate with stakeholders in the apparel industry value chain. These stakeholders are also growing conscious about sustainable chemical management, and are taking initiatives to chemically-recycle non-reusable textiles and plastic bottles into virgin-quality fibers. Thus, with the help of these initiatives, stakeholders in the textile value and supply chain are establishing an eco-friendly industry environment that seamlessly complies with regulatory norms.
Sustainable Chemistry Brings a Paradigm Shift in Responsible Manufacturing
The textile chemicals market is moderately consolidated, with 6 market players dominating the landscape. This aspect raises few barriers for the entry of emerging players into this market. However, one of the key challenges that is holding back the growth of the textile chemicals market is the growing need for sustainably-produced chemicals.
Health and environment authorities have imposed stringent regulations on the manufacturing of textile chemicals that fail to comply with the laid down norms. Growing incidence of health risks such as pulmonary edema and water logging in the lungs of workers has led to serious consequences in the textile chemicals landscape. To prevent health and environment risks, manufacturers are adopting the approach of responsible manufacturing through sustainable chemical management. Paradigm shifts in the manufacturing process include pro-active supply chain management beyond product development, and increased focus on environment protection.
Manufacturers in the textile chemicals market are introducing sustainable innovations in textile dyeing. They are adopting the non-aqueous dyeing of cotton textiles to reduce the pressure on water resources. The non-aqueous solution that only requires a little amount of water, can be easily absorbed by cotton textiles, without the need for accelerating salts during the dyeing process. This method serves as a sustainable option, since non-aqueous media can be washed easily from the surface using surfactants, and can be reused by flotation.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Textile Chemicals Market, ask for a customized report
Analysts of the textile chemicals market observe new trends at the ground level. Companies are increasing their efforts to onboard the best students from schools, and assimilating a talent pool of the best researchers, engineers, and chemists to innovate textile chemicals. Manufacturers are focusing on inorganic strategies such as mergers and acquisitions.
However, not all companies in the market practice environmentally-friendly manufacturing processes. Hence, market players should collaborate to introduce novel manufacturing techniques, such as CO2-dyeing, which eliminates the need for water and chemical dyes. Manufacturers should also focus on increasing their manufacturing capacities in Asia Pacific, since the region is projected to account for the highest revenue of ~US$ 22 billion by the end of 2027, in the textile chemicals market.
Global Textile Chemicals Market: Highlights
- In terms of value, the global textile chemicals market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~4% over the forecast period, to reach a valuation of ~US$ 33.4 Bn by 2027.
- Asia Pacific constituted a key share of the global textile chemicals market, in terms of consumption, in 2018, as the region is a major manufacturer of textiles. Asia Pacific is projected to gain a market share of 2%, in terms of value, by 2027, in the global textile chemicals market. China and India collectively accounted for more than 60% share of the textile chemicals market in Asia Pacific in 2018.
- The technical textiles segment is anticipated to present lucrative opportunities to the global textile chemicals market during the forecast period, due to the increasing demand for smart textiles across the globe. Smart textiles represent the next generation of textiles, with several applications such as furnishing and apparel. The aim of developing smart technical textiles is to produce textile products demonstrating dynamic functionalities, by combining smart materials and integrated computing power.
- The apparel segment dominated the global textile chemicals market in 2018, and its market share is likely to increase by 1.0% by 2027. The segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4% in the global textile chemicals market during the forecast period.
Global Textile Chemicals Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Apparel industry participants have been investing in value-added treatments to apparel to obtain unique selling points (USPs), such as wrinkle resistance, stain resistance, antimicrobial properties, and soft finish for additional comfort and performance. Modernization of the apparel industry, increase in population, improved standards of living, and rise in disposable income are anticipated to drive the apparel segment of the global textile chemicals market in the next few years.
- China, India, Vietnam, Bangladesh, and Indonesia are projected to be the global hubs for textile production during the forecast period. For instance, Bangladesh’s exports of apparel and clothing rose by more than three times between 2008 and 2018. The textile sector contributes around 13% to the country’s GDP. As per Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA), the number of spinning mills in Bangladesh rose to 430 in 2018 from 260 in 2006, with the overall spinning capacity increasing to 13,170 tons in 2018 from 5,500 tons in 2008.
- Significant penetration of smart textiles in North America and Europe is expected to boost the demand for textile chemicals from 2019 to 2027.
- The textile dyeing & finishing industry has created an issue of pollution, as it is one of the most chemically-intensive industries, worldwide, and is a major polluter of clean water. The World Bank estimates that, 17% - 20% of industrial water pollution comes from textile dyeing and finishing treatment. Regulatory authorities such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the European Union (EU) have set stringent regulations on dyestuff, which is anticipated to restrain the global textile chemicals market in the near future.
Global Textile Chemicals Market: Key Product Segments
- Based on product, the global textile chemicals market has been segregated into coating & sizing chemicals, dyes & dyestuff, finishing agents, surfactants, de-sizing agents, bleaching agents, yarn lubricants, and
- Coating & sizing chemicals, dyes & dyestuff, and finishing agents are expected to be leading product segments of the global textile chemicals market during the forecast period.
Global Textile Chemicals Market: Key Application Segments
- Based on application, the global textile chemicals market has been segmented into home furnishing textiles, technical textiles, apparel, and industrial textiles.
- The technical textiles segment in the global textile chemicals market is expected to expand at a CAGR ~3% during the forecast period. The demand for technical textiles in developed as well as developing regions is expected to substantially rise in the near future. Factors such as rise in disposable income, increase in the standards of living, advancements in medical technology, growth of the construction sector, awareness about the safety of dyes, and increased spending on healthcare are expected to drive the demand for technical textiles between 2019 and 2027.
Asia Pacific to be Highly Lucrative Region in Global Textile Chemicals Market
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific constituted a major share of the global textile chemicals market in 2018, and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period.
- China led the textile chemicals market in Asia Pacific, holding over 40% of the market share in 2018. The share of the country in the Asia Pacific textile chemicals market is expected to rise by 2% by 2027.
- The textile industry in India is estimated to reach US$ 223 Bn by 2021. Cotton production in the country reached 36.1 million bales in 2019. Initiatives such as ‘Make in India’ and growth of the chemical industry can play a major role in making India a manufacturing hub for chemicals, especially specialty chemicals. The Government of India has formulated the Draft National Chemical Policy, which aims to increase the chemical sector’s share in the country’s GDP. The presence of a well-established textile industry and availability of raw materials are expected to boost the textile chemicals market in India during the forecast period.
Global Textile Chemicals Market: Competition Landscape
- Major players operating in the global textile chemicals market include
- Evonik Industries AG
- Lonsen Inc.
- CHT Group
- Textile manufacturers across the world have been focusing on the development of new textiles with smart functions, which involves the use of high-performance protective materials, nanotechnology and biotechnology knowhow, specialty coating and lamination formulas, and ink-jet printing processes.
- The global textile chemicals market was moderately consolidated in 2018, and the trend is projected to continue throughout the forecast period.
Textile Chemicals Market: Scope of the Report
A new study on the global textile chemicals market was published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as structure of the global textile chemicals market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global textile chemicals market to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period, i.e. 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global textile chemicals market for the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the global textile chemicals market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee the growth of the global textile chemicals market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global textile chemicals market, which would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Global Textile Chemicals Market
- What is the scope for growth of textile chemical companies in the agricultural sector?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global textile chemicals market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global textile chemicals market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to remain the most profitable regional market for providers of textile chemicals in the near future?
- Which factors would impede the growth of the global textile chemicals market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global textile chemicals market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global textile chemicals market, and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the report on the global textile chemicals market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global textile chemicals market as a primary resource.
These primary and secondary resources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global textile chemicals market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global textile chemicals market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global textile chemicals market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of Global Textile Chemicals Market
TMR’s study on the global textile chemicals market segments the market based on product, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global textile chemicals market are discussed in detail.
Coating & Sizing Chemicals
Dyes & Dyestuff
Others (Including Scouring Agents, Leveling Agents, Fixing Agents)
Home Furnishing Textiles
Middle East & Africa