Glassy Carbon Electrode: Introduction
- Glassy carbon is a commonly used carbon-based electrode in an analytical laboratory. This is due to its low electrode response and high background current. Thus, modification of this electrode can be completed using various techniques and materials. Ionic liquid (IL) is covalently cross-linked onto glassy carbon surface. Glassy carbon is activated in the sulfuric acid solution by cyclic voltammetry. It generates surface oxygen containing functional groups (for example, OH group), through which ionic liquid is covalently bonded on the surface of glassy carbon.
- Glassy carbon electrode disk is a pristine surface for analytical electrochemistry. It is highly popular in various research programs. Glassy carbon electrode offers a homogeneous surface, and the same electrode can be utilized repeatedly with polishing. Carbon is the predominant material used to manufacture glassy carbon electrode. Glassy carbon electrode is a disposable element, and the entire electrochemical cell could be printed into a very small area.
- Glassy carbon is primarily used as an electrode material in the electrochemistry, for high temperature crucibles, and as part of prosthetic devices
- Crystalline carbon electrode is a widely used working electrode. It is a superior inert electrode with good electrical conductivity, high brightness, high hardness, high hydrogen potential, and chemical stability. It also possesses a wide range of polarization. It can be utilized as an inert electrode directly for anodic solution. Furthermore, it can be employed as chemically modified electrode.
Key Drivers of Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market
- High demand for glassy carbon as an electrode material in electrochemistry is a key factor estimated to drive the global glassy carbon electrode market in the near future
- Increase in demand for glassy carbon electrode in electrical & electronics applications is also estimated to boost the global glassy carbon electrode market during the forecast period
- Growth in adoption of glassy carbon electrode as working electrode is another important factor projected to propel the global market during the forecast period
Significant Opportunity in Working Electrode Applications
- Based on size, the global glassy carbon electrode market can be bifurcated into below 3mm and above 3mm. In terms of value, the above 3mm segment is anticipated to hold significant share of the global market during the forecast period owing to the rise in demand for glassy carbon electrode in various applications in industries such as electrical & electronics.
- Based on application, the global glassy carbon electrode market can be divided into chemically modified electrode, anodic solution, working electrode, and others. Increase in demand for glassy carbon electrode products in the working electrode manufacturing industry in various developed as well as developing countries is a major factor likely to augment the global glassy carbon electrode market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market
- In terms of region, the global glassy carbon electrode market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is estimated to account for major share of the global glassy carbon electrode market during the forecast period. Demand for glassy carbon electrode is increasing at a rapid pace in the electronics industry in Asia Pacific. Glassy carbon electrode products are used in electrochemistry owing to their properties of high temperature resistance, low density, hardness, and low electrical resistance. This is augmenting the glassy carbon electrode market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
- The global glassy carbon electrode market was highly fragmented in 2018. Rapid growth of the global electronics industry is likely to augment the glassy carbon electrode market during the forecast period. Several major players are engaged in R&D activities in order to expand their product portfolios.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market:
- Metrohm India Limited
- Rongsheng Group
- BioLogic Sciences Instruments
- RVC Foams
- Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.
- Alfa Aesar
- Pine Research Instrumentation
- Eliteck Industries Private Limited
- Wuhan Corrtest Instruments Corp., Ltd.
Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market: Research Scope
Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market, by Size
- Below 3mm
- Above 3mm
Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market, by Application
- Chemically Modified Electrode
- Anodic Solution
- Working Electrode
Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.