Glassy Carbon Electrode: Introduction
- Glassy carbon is a commonly used carbon-based electrode in an analytical laboratory. This is due to its low electrode response and high background current. Thus, modification of this electrode can be completed using various techniques and materials. Ionic liquid (IL) is covalently cross-linked onto glassy carbon surface. Glassy carbon is activated in the sulfuric acid solution by cyclic voltammetry. It generates surface oxygen containing functional groups (for example, OH group), through which ionic liquid is covalently bonded on the surface of glassy carbon.
- Glassy carbon electrode disk is a pristine surface for analytical electrochemistry. It is highly popular in various research programs. Glassy carbon electrode offers a homogeneous surface, and the same electrode can be utilized repeatedly with polishing. Carbon is the predominant material used to manufacture glassy carbon electrode. Glassy carbon electrode is a disposable element, and the entire electrochemical cell could be printed into a very small area.
- Glassy carbon is primarily used as an electrode material in the electrochemistry, for high temperature crucibles, and as part of prosthetic devices
- Crystalline carbon electrode is a widely used working electrode. It is a superior inert electrode with good electrical conductivity, high brightness, high hardness, high hydrogen potential, and chemical stability. It also possesses a wide range of polarization. It can be utilized as an inert electrode directly for anodic solution. Furthermore, it can be employed as chemically modified electrode.
Key Drivers of Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market
- High demand for glassy carbon as an electrode material in electrochemistry is a key factor estimated to drive the global glassy carbon electrode market in the near future
- Increase in demand for glassy carbon electrode in electrical & electronics applications is also estimated to boost the global glassy carbon electrode market during the forecast period
- Growth in adoption of glassy carbon electrode as working electrode is another important factor projected to propel the global market during the forecast period
Significant Opportunity in Working Electrode Applications
- Based on size, the global glassy carbon electrode market can be bifurcated into below 3mm and above 3mm. In terms of value, the above 3mm segment is anticipated to hold significant share of the global market during the forecast period owing to the rise in demand for glassy carbon electrode in various applications in industries such as electrical & electronics.
- Based on application, the global glassy carbon electrode market can be divided into chemically modified electrode, anodic solution, working electrode, and others. Increase in demand for glassy carbon electrode products in the working electrode manufacturing industry in various developed as well as developing countries is a major factor likely to augment the global glassy carbon electrode market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market
- In terms of region, the global glassy carbon electrode market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is estimated to account for major share of the global glassy carbon electrode market during the forecast period. Demand for glassy carbon electrode is increasing at a rapid pace in the electronics industry in Asia Pacific. Glassy carbon electrode products are used in electrochemistry owing to their properties of high temperature resistance, low density, hardness, and low electrical resistance. This is augmenting the glassy carbon electrode market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
- The global glassy carbon electrode market was highly fragmented in 2018. Rapid growth of the global electronics industry is likely to augment the glassy carbon electrode market during the forecast period. Several major players are engaged in R&D activities in order to expand their product portfolios.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market:
- Metrohm India Limited
- Rongsheng Group
- BioLogic Sciences Instruments
- RVC Foams
- Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.
- Alfa Aesar
- Pine Research Instrumentation
- Eliteck Industries Private Limited
- Wuhan Corrtest Instruments Corp., Ltd.
Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market: Research Scope
Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market, by Size
- Below 3mm
- Above 3mm
Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market, by Application
- Chemically Modified Electrode
- Anodic Solution
- Working Electrode
Global Glassy Carbon Electrode Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.