Ester Gum Market: Highlights
- Ester gum is a modified natural resin made from rosin that has been esterified by heating polyhydric alcohols such as glycerol. Ester gum contains glyceryl, methyl, and ethyl esters of rosin acids. These are lighter in color than rosin and have higher softening point but lower acid number.
- Rosin is a natural product derived from pine trees and consists of a complex mixture of mutually soluble organic compounds. Rosins are produced commercially through three methods: solvent extraction of aged and ground pine stumps (wood rosin); extraction of crude tall oil as a byproduct of the Kraft pulping process for making paper followed by acidification and fractional distillation (tall oil rosin); and tapping the living tree to collect oleoresin followed by distillation to yield turpentine and a resinous substance (gum rosin). Gum, tall oil, and wood rosins are obtained from pine trees. Therefore, they are similar in composition.
- Ester gum is used in various applications including chewing gum, beverages, paints, inks & coatings, adhesives, and cosmetics
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Ester Gum Market
- Rise in demand for ester gum in the paints & coatings industry is expected to fuel the global ester gum market in the next few years due to its characteristics such as usage in toluene-acetone blends and nitrocellulose lacquers. Additionally, ester gum is majorly modified with maleic anhydride for sealers and varnish applications to provide hardness. Increase in usage of pentaerythritol ester gum in coatings for lithography applications is a key factor expected to drive the market in the near future.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Ester Gum Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global ester gum market can be segmented into chewing gum, beverages, paints & coatings, adhesives, cosmetics, and others
- The chewing gum segment accounted for major share of the global ester gum market in 2019
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, beverages, paints, paints & coatings, and adhesives segments are expected to create significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
- In terms of demand, cosmetics and others segments are likely to expand at a moderate to high pace in the near future
Ester Gum Market: Covid-19 Impact
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the global economy. It has affected various industrial sectors by hampering the supply chain. With months of consumer lockdown; and international supply chains and retail business shuttered, purchase and consumption behavior has changed significantly across various sectors. This, in turn, has adversely impacted the ester gum market.
- The combination of extended lockdowns in developed market economies and domestic social distancing has deepened the adverse impact on emerging market economies. Longer lockdowns have severely hampered household income, corporations' liquidity, and banks' asset quality.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Ester Gum Market
- In terms of region, the global ester gum market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In Asia Pacific, China aims to promote investments in its respective end-use industries. This is expected to boost the ester gum market in the country.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific held major share of the global market in 2019. It was followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is one of the major regions of the global ester gum market due to high demand for chewing gum, cosmetics, and beverages in the region. The domestic personal care and cosmetics industry in China also expanded in 2018. Companies are striving to invest in the world’s largest consumer market for cosmetics to increase their production capacity. This, in turn, is driving the ester gum market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. End-use industries in Mexico have been expanding steadily. Apart from that, the UAE also exhibits tremendous growth potential. This is projected to drive the demand for ester gum in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, respectively, during the forecast period.
Prominent Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global ester gum market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Arakawa Chemical Industries, Ltd.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Foshan Baolin Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Mangalam Organics Limited
- PT. INDOPICRI
- Shree Resins
- The Cary Company
Global Ester Gum Market: Research Scope
Global Ester Gum Market, by Product
- Polymerized Rosins of Glycerol Ester (PRGE)
- Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosin (GEWR)
- Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosin (GEWR)
- Penta Ester Gum
Global Ester Gum Market, by Application
- Chewing Gum
- Paints & Coatings
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.