District Energy Pipeline Market: Introduction
- District energy pipeline refers to a network of cold and hot water pipes, typically buried underground, that are used to efficiently cool and heat buildings. District energy pipes are equipped with electric wires for moisture surveillance.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global District Energy Pipeline Market
- Increase in investments in adoption of district heating systems to cater to several heating requirements such as space heating and water heating is expected to drive the global district energy pipeline market. District energy pipeline is used to distribute the heat generated in a centralized location from district heating systems to establishments.
- Introduction of several regulations to reduce carbon emissions by enhancing the utilization of renewable technologies and increase in demand for space heating systems are anticipated to fuel the global district energy pipeline market during forecast period. Prevalence of extreme climatic conditions in the U.S., China, and Europe is also expected to boost the market. According to the Norwegian Meteorological Institute, the average temperature in Southern Finland ranges between 000C to -400C during winters.
- Need for low operation & maintenance costs, decrease in heat losses, high efficiency, and longer shelf life is boosting the district energy pipeline market. Surge in demand for low carbon emission materials and corrosion free materials is propelling the district energy pipeline market. Furthermore, rise in adoption of renewable technology based heating is promoting the adoption of global district energy pipelines.
- Lack of awareness about the benefits of district heating & cooling system is a key factor that is expected to hamper the global district energy pipeline market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Polybutene-1 Material Segment to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- The global district energy pipeline market can be segmented based on material, application, end-user, and region
- In terms of material, the global district energy pipeline market can be classified into polybutene-1, cross-linked polyethylene, and others. Polybutene-1 is extensively used in the district energy pipeline market. The segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, as polybutene-1 exhibits high pressure capability, flexibility, no corrosion, and low heat loss features.
- In terms of application, the global district energy pipeline market can be bifurcated into district heating and district cooling
- Based on end-user, the global district energy pipeline market can be divided into residential, commercial, and others. Increase in investments in construction of housing units owing to the migration of the population from rural to urban areas; and rise in per capita disposable income of the people are estimated to propel the demand for district energy pipelines in residential establishments.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Europe to Dominate Global District Energy Pipeline Market
- In terms of region, the global district energy pipeline market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- The market in Europe is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period due to the rise in investments in construction of green buildings. Introduction of stringent regulations to restrict GHG emissions by enhancing the adoption of renewable technologies is a key factor attracting investments in the development of green building construction. The European Commission has introduced Energy Performance of Building Directive to minimize carbon emissions. As per the directive, all new buildings need to be nearly zero-energy by 2020.
- North America is also projected to hold large share of the global market during the forecast period owing to the increase in focus on enhancing energy security and improving air quality
- The district energy pipeline market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Growth in construction activities in developed and developing nations, including India and China, is anticipated to boost the market in the region. Rapid industrialization, increase in purchasing power, and rise migration of the people from rural to urban areas are further likely to augment the market.
- The district energy pipeline market in Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for small scale cooling systems in residential establishments along with government assisted R&D initiatives. Furthermore, efforts of policymakers to diversify energy mix are also anticipated to boost the market in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global district energy pipeline market include:
- CPV Ltd
- Perma pipe
- Golan Plastic.
Global District Energy Pipeline Market: Research Scope
Global District Energy Pipeline Market, by Application
- District Heating
- District Cooling
Global District Energy Pipeline Market, by End-user
Global District Energy Pipeline Market, by Material
- Cross-linked polyethylene
Global District Energy Pipeline Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.