Coal Water Slurry Market: Introduction
- Coal water slurry (CWS) is a type of fuel used to power gas turbines, boilers, and diesel engines and for heating in power stations. It is a mixture that contains fine coal particles suspended in water.
- Coal water slurry can be considered a clean energy fuel, as it produces a minimal amount of carbon (up to 1%) on combustion
- Key components of coal water slurry include water, coal, and additives. These components are fed in the coal wet milling process to create a liquid fuel that possesses properties similar to oil.
- Production of coal water slurry involves coal crushing if the original size of coal particles exceeds 10 mm. This crushed coal is then transferred to a wet milling machine for wet milling and homogenization.
- Performance of coal water slurry depends on various factors including its viscosity, calorific value, rate of sedimentation, ash content, and its ignition and combustion temperatures
- Coal water slurry is an explosion-proof and fire-proof fuel that can be used in a variety of applications such as diesel engines and boilers depending on size of the coal particle
Key Drivers of Global Coal Water Slurry Market
- Coal water slurry can be used to replace petroleum-based fuel in power generation applications. This, in turn, creates opportunities for new players entering the global coal water slurry market
- Growth of the global power sector is expected to be another major driver of the global coal water slurry market during the forecast period, as increase in the demand for uninterrupted power supply in developing countries such as China and India led by frequent blackouts, power cuts, and load shedding calls for usage of steam turbines for power generation, wherein CWS is used as an alternative source of fuel
- CWS fuel with its additives and additional filtration systems can be used in diesel-based 4-stroke and 2-stroke engines effectively. Diesel engines are used as mechanical engines and power generators in industrial applications. Thus, with rapid growth of the industrial sector in developing countries, the coal water slurry market in these countries is expected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Restraints of Global Coal Water Slurry Market
- Considering the environmental impact of using coal water slurry as an industrial burning fuel, two major factors are required to be studied:
- Carbon emissions: Various countries have passed regulatory measures for control of carbon and CO2 emissions. Also, industries using CWS as a fuel must use technologies that focus on the capture and disposal of particulate emissions.
- Water management: Water is one of the most important sources used in almost all industries and domestic applications. A careful study on water management and the magnitude of impact of using water for production of coal water slurry is required to be conducted.
Coal Water Slurry Market: Major Developments
- In October 2019, a detailed study was conducted by the Royal Society of Chemistry to determine the influence of different dispersants on rheological behavior of coal water slurry prepared from a low-quality coal. The study was focused on investigating factors such as surface properties of coal particles before and after the flotation treatment, solid content of CWS, and influence of dispersants on rheological behavior of CWS.
- In December 2015, LLC Amalthea-Service conducted pre-design combustion tests of CWS which was produced from coal fines in coal factories in Russia
- In 2014, the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) started conducting a feasibility study to retrofit the 300-MW oil-fired power plant at Krabi, Thailand by using coal water slurry. Coal water slurry is expected to become a key technology for Thailand and is likely to help the country in achieving the recently announced target of 40% fuel mix for coal in the next few years.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Offer Major Potential for Coal Water Slurry Market
- Based on region, the global coal water slurry market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific continues to be the key region for cold water slurry market across the world and it is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for new entrants, owing to the rapid growth of power and industrial sectors in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global coal water slurry market are:
- Coal Water Slurry Fuel Equipment & Services
- Effective Energy Technologies GmbH
- JGC HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- Chip Energy
- Cynergi Holding S.A.
- Tai An Xinhuanneng
- Pingxiang Shui Mei Jiang Co., Ltd.
Global Coal Water Slurry Market, by Product
- High-concentration CWS
- Medium-concentration CWS
Global Coal Water Slurry Market, by End use Industry
- Electric Power
Global Coal Water Slurry Market, by Sales Channel
- Direct Channel
- Distribution Channel
Global Coal Water Slurry Market, Application
- Power Plant Boilers
- Diesel Engines
- Industrial Boilers & Furnaces
- Industrial Kilns
Global Coal Water Slurry Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.