Cellulose Films Market: Natural and Renewable Plastic-like Films
- Cellulose films are used in various applications such as packaging, mulch films, containers, adhesives, textile sizing agents, and others. Among these, packaging is the dominant segment of the global cellulose films market.
- Cellulose films are employed in various end-use industries such as food & beverages, infrastructure, personal care, pharmaceuticals, and paints. Food & beverages is the dominant segment of the cellulose films market.
- Bags & pouches, labels, tapes, release liners, and wrapping films are some of the products derived from cellulose films. Cellulose films are highly utilized for packaging of bags & pouches, typically in food and personal care industries.
- Cellulose films are transparent films manufactured from cellulose. Cellulose is an organic compound containing polysaccharides. These films are hydrophilic, and insoluble in water and several organic solvents.
- Cellulose is found in cells of plants. It is commonly derived from plants such as sugar beet, hemp, and flax; and woods such as spruce, pine, and bamboo.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Cellulose Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of Cellulose Films Market
- Cellulose films are ‘plastic-like,’ but possess several advantages over plastic films. Based on natural and renewable raw materials, cellulose films are biodegradable and hence are safe for the environment when disposed of, unlike plastic films that are difficult to degrade. Therefore, plastic films lead to pollution.
- Plastic films based on resins and petrochemicals are non-recyclable and non-renewable. Cellulose films have low calorific value. This reduces the risk of secondary pollution caused due to combustion gases released on burning cellulose films.
- Consumers across the globe are becoming increasingly aware about the plastic products and their impact on the environment. This has prompted the switch toward bio-degradable, natural, and environment-friendly products. Acceptance form end-use consumers is a factor driving the adoption of cellulose films.
Surge in Production of Sustainable Products to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Wood and cotton pulp are the major raw materials used in the manufacture of cellulose films. Rise in production of sustainable products derived from renewable source coupled with low environment impact is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the cellulose films market.
- Increase in research activities in terms of usage of cellulose films in niche applications, improvement in biodegradability properties, and rise in awareness about environmental concerns are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers in the near future.
Stiff Competition from Bio-Polylactic Acid (PLA) likely to Restrain Market
- Bio-polylactic acid (PLA) is derived from chemically treated renewable biomass such as starch and sugar. It has excellent mechanical properties as compared to cellulose films. Rise in production of PLA across the globe is expected to restrain the cellulose films market during the forecast period.
- Cellulose films possess poor resistance to moisture. This is likely to restrain its usage in certain applications. However, growth in research activities in the field of nano-composite technology is anticipated to fuel the market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Cellulose Films Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Grow at Significant Pace
In terms of region, the demand for cellulose films can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is the major region of the global cellulose films market. Demand for cellulose films is high in the region, due to the growth in manufacturing and packaging industries in the region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing region of the cellulose films market during the forecast period. Countries such as India, China, and South Korea are estimated to lead the growth of the cellulose films market in the region.
- North America and Europe are also projected to be the key consumers of cellulose films. Shift in consumer interest towards bio based packaging products likely to fuel the cellulose films demand in both the regions.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for cellulose films during the forecast period. Most of the growth in Latin America is likely to be concentrated in Brazil and Mexico.
Key players operating in the Cellulose Films Market:
New product launches and mergers & acquisitions are key strategies adopted by top players operating in the market. For instance, recently, Futamura Group developed cellulose film packaging material with trade name NatureFlexTM. This material is resistant to oil & fats and can be safely used in microwave or oven applications. Furthermore, in 2018, the company partnered with Bio4Pack GmbH, a sustainable packaging manufacturer based in Germany, in order to improve its presence in plastic free packaging business by providing cellulose based Tipa and NatureFlex films for the packaging industry.
Key players operating in the global cellulose films market include
- Eastman Chemical
- Futamura Group
- Innovia Films
- Celanese Corporation
- China Lucky Film Corp.
- Chengdu Huaming Cellophane Co.,Ltd
- Ningbo Jiangdong Credit
- Shaoxing Chunming Cellulose Film Co.
- Weifang Henglian Films Co
- Zhejiang Koray New Material Co., Ltd.
- INTERPLEX INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
- IPI GmbH
- Rengo Co., Ltd.
Global Cellulose Films Market: Research Scope
Global Cellulose Films Market, by Type
- Colorless Cellulose Films
- Colored Cellulose Films
Global Cellulose Films Market, by Product Type
- Bags & Pouches
- Release Liners
- Wrapping Films
Global Cellulose Films Market, by Applications
- Mulch Films
- Textile Sizing Agents
Global Cellulose Films Market, by End-user
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
- Paints & Coatings
- Building & Construction
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.