Canola Meal Market Outlook
Rising in the livestock and the consumption of animal products globally make an essential contribution to the economic and nutritional well-being of people worldwide. Animal feeds play a foremost part in the global food industry coupled with feed is the most crucial factor to ensure safe, abundant, and affordable animal proteins. Over the last few years, there is a continued increase in the demand for animal protein worldwide including for dairy, livestock, and fish. Thus, canola meal is used as a feed for poultry, swine, cattle, and also usually used in fish feed as a protein source. Canola meal is a by-product which is developed after the extraction of canola oil. Canola meal is edible with an excellent amino acid as well as low level of glucosinolates and erucic acid. Canola seeds are traditionally processed using prepress solvent extraction method to separate the oil from the meal. Canola meal helps in increasing milk production by 1 liter of milk, per cow, per day. Most of the countries that produce or imports canola primarily do so for the oil extraction. After soybean meal, canola meal is the second most widely traded protein ingredient used in compounded livestock rations globally.
Reasons for Covering Canola Meal Market Title
Steadily increasing in the production of canola due to rise in global demand, accelerating demand for animal feed products with high-quality protein source around the world, growing awareness of health benefits associated with canola meal used as an animal feed, and frequently launch of novel products. Additionally, growing trend of product premiumization, as well as consumers, are demanding for premium edible vegetable oil and increasing trade of canola seed, and canola meal products worldwide are some of the factors fueling the growth of the canola meal market during the forecast period. However, canola meal has low protein content compared to soybean meal, increasing market competition from the alternative oilseeds meal manufacturers, the high cost of transportation related to canola meal, and growing industrial standards may hinder to the global canola meal market in the near future.
Global Canola Meal: Market Segmentation
On the basis of livestock, the global canola meal market has been segmented as –
Global Canola Meal Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Canola Meal market are Archer Daniels Midland, Cargill, Incorporated, Bunge Limited, CHS Inc., Wilmar International Limited, DowDuPont Inc., Pacific Coast Canola, Union Point Custom Feeds, and others.
The Canola Council of Canada has entered into a strategic partnership with Chinese aquaculture and swine nutritionist experts to research and develop canola meal products for livestock and fish rations. Canada accounts for around more than half of the global trade of canola meal, canola seed, and oil owing to which Canadian producers continue to increase canola area and production. Growing demand for vegetable oils in developing countries such as India and China and expanding animal feed industry are some of the leading factors driving the growth of the global canola meal market. Increasing use of canola meal in the healthy diet of finishing pigs owing to the presence of low levels of glucosinolates in the canola meat product and rise in demand for protein meal for animals that do not have high energy and lysine requirements is expected to grow the canola meal market during the forecast period.
Opportunities for Global Canola Meal Market Participants
The canola seed is processed and form canola meal which is used in animal feeds in various countries globally. Canada, Australia, China, the European Union, and India are the major producers of canola meal worldwide. According to the Canola Council of Canada, In Canada, canola seed production was approximately 17 million metric tonnes in 2014 which is steadily increasing per year. Around 80% of Canada’s canola meal exported to fish farms in China. Moreover, the rise in demand for healthiest culinary oils and nutritional products, expanding hog industry coupled with expanding oil crop production globally are the factors due to which canola meal market revenue is expected to grow at a rapid growth rate, over the forecast period.
Brief Approach to Research
TMR will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the type, application, and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Canola Meal Report
Some of the key data points covered in our Canola Meal report include:
- An overview of the Canola Meal market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.