CAM Timers: Introduction
- A CAM timer is an electromechanical device that automatically controls the sequence of events
- A CAM in a device is a rotating part that transforms rotary motion into linear motion. It is connected to one or more switches. Series of such CAMs are arranged on a shaft that is driven by an electric motor. The motor rotates at a fixed speed, whereas the camshaft is driven by a speed-reducing gearbox at a low speed. Indentations or protrusions on CAMs operate switches at different times. Owing to the alignment of CAMs and switches, complex sequences of closing and opening of switches can be completed. These switches can then be made to run different components of the controlled system such as valves and motors.
Key Drivers of Global CAM Timers Market
- CAM timers are easier to set up and use and they do not always require any software programming. Also, they are easier to maintain and are suitable for small-scale automation tasks.
- Furthermore, they represent a low-cost alternative for microcontroller-based solutions. Hence, they are used in a variety of industrial automation and process control applications across the world.
- The above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the global CAM timers market during the forecast period
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Wear and Issues related to Reliability to Hamper Global CAM Timers Market
- Since CAM timers are electromechanical devices, they are subject to wear and issues related to reliability. Hence, relay-control and microprocessor/PLC-based solutions that offer improved flexibility and complicated control logic functions are increasingly being preferred over CAM timers.
- In spite of this, CAM timers are expected to be used in time-dependent control processes for smaller-scale automation tasks, especially in developing countries such as India and China in the near future
- The impact of this restraint is expected to be high in developed countries of North America and Europe, whereas it would be medium in developing economies in Asia Pacific in the near future
Home Appliances Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Global CAM Timers Market
- In developing countries such as India and China, CAM drivers are expected to be used in home appliances such as washers and dryers, dishwashers, commercial ovens, and freezers during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global CAM Timers Market
- Asia Pacific accounted for the leading share of the global CAM timers market in 2018, as the region is a major industrial hub in the world, comprising the maximum number of manufacturing and process industries
- Furthermore, amongst all regions, Asia Pacific has the maximum number of developing countries. These countries still prefer low-cost raw materials for time-dependent control processes for smaller-scale automation tasks. Thus, Asia Pacific is anticipated to continue its dominance in the global CAM timers market throughout the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global CAM timers market is niche, with the presence of a very few international and regional players. A few of the key players operating across the supply chain of the global CAM timers market are:
- Micronor, Inc.
- Galco Industrial Electronics Ltd.
- MIDWEST TIMER SERVICE
- Conair Group
- APPLIED ELECTROPTICS & INSTRUMENTS (AEI)
Global CAM Timers Market: Research Scope
Global CAM Timers Market, by Number of Cams
Global CAM Timers Market, by Time
- 30 - 60 Sec
- 15 Min
- 30 Min
- 45 Min
- 72 Min
Global CAM Timers Market, by Material
Global CAM Timers Market, by Mounting Type
- DIN Rail
- Front Panel
- Chassis Mount
Global CAM Timers Market, by Motor Type
Global CAM Timers Market, by End-use Industry
- Manufacturing and Process Industries
- Home Appliances
- Washers & Dryers
- Commercial Ovens
- Others (Laboratory Equipment, Medical Equipment, etc.)
Global CAM Timers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.