CAM Timers: Introduction
- A CAM timer is an electromechanical device that automatically controls the sequence of events
- A CAM in a device is a rotating part that transforms rotary motion into linear motion. It is connected to one or more switches. Series of such CAMs are arranged on a shaft that is driven by an electric motor. The motor rotates at a fixed speed, whereas the camshaft is driven by a speed-reducing gearbox at a low speed. Indentations or protrusions on CAMs operate switches at different times. Owing to the alignment of CAMs and switches, complex sequences of closing and opening of switches can be completed. These switches can then be made to run different components of the controlled system such as valves and motors.
Key Drivers of Global CAM Timers Market
- CAM timers are easier to set up and use and they do not always require any software programming. Also, they are easier to maintain and are suitable for small-scale automation tasks.
- Furthermore, they represent a low-cost alternative for microcontroller-based solutions. Hence, they are used in a variety of industrial automation and process control applications across the world.
- The above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the global CAM timers market during the forecast period
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Wear and Issues related to Reliability to Hamper Global CAM Timers Market
- Since CAM timers are electromechanical devices, they are subject to wear and issues related to reliability. Hence, relay-control and microprocessor/PLC-based solutions that offer improved flexibility and complicated control logic functions are increasingly being preferred over CAM timers.
- In spite of this, CAM timers are expected to be used in time-dependent control processes for smaller-scale automation tasks, especially in developing countries such as India and China in the near future
- The impact of this restraint is expected to be high in developed countries of North America and Europe, whereas it would be medium in developing economies in Asia Pacific in the near future
Home Appliances Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Global CAM Timers Market
- In developing countries such as India and China, CAM drivers are expected to be used in home appliances such as washers and dryers, dishwashers, commercial ovens, and freezers during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global CAM Timers Market
- Asia Pacific accounted for the leading share of the global CAM timers market in 2018, as the region is a major industrial hub in the world, comprising the maximum number of manufacturing and process industries
- Furthermore, amongst all regions, Asia Pacific has the maximum number of developing countries. These countries still prefer low-cost raw materials for time-dependent control processes for smaller-scale automation tasks. Thus, Asia Pacific is anticipated to continue its dominance in the global CAM timers market throughout the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global CAM timers market is niche, with the presence of a very few international and regional players. A few of the key players operating across the supply chain of the global CAM timers market are:
- Micronor, Inc.
- Galco Industrial Electronics Ltd.
- MIDWEST TIMER SERVICE
- Conair Group
- APPLIED ELECTROPTICS & INSTRUMENTS (AEI)
Global CAM Timers Market: Research Scope
Global CAM Timers Market, by Number of Cams
Global CAM Timers Market, by Time
- 30 - 60 Sec
- 15 Min
- 30 Min
- 45 Min
- 72 Min
Global CAM Timers Market, by Material
Global CAM Timers Market, by Mounting Type
- DIN Rail
- Front Panel
- Chassis Mount
Global CAM Timers Market, by Motor Type
Global CAM Timers Market, by End-use Industry
- Manufacturing and Process Industries
- Home Appliances
- Washers & Dryers
- Commercial Ovens
- Others (Laboratory Equipment, Medical Equipment, etc.)
Global CAM Timers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.